Russ Engaged

Chosen1

Reaction score
Congrats to the happy couple, they'll make a handsome beard & groom.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
I hate to be the curmudgeonly voice, and I'm not attempting to lecture anyone, but in what way is this important? Have the sports themselves become so boring to our culture at large that we need to feed off of the athletes' personal lives as well?

Smellyman

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":25ag9xpf said:
I hate to be the curmudgeonly voice, and I'm not attempting to lecture anyone, but in what way is this important? Have the sports themselves become so boring to our culture at large that we need to feed off of the athletes' personal lives as well?

worse is him instantly sharing it

erik2690

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":3oftqsat said:

It's only as important as you want to make it as with most of these threads. Doug got the same thread for his engagement. It's just Seahawks player related not necessarily "important" to the sport, but I think lots threads fit that bill. I don't mean to be dismissive b/c I understand your point, but it just is what is.

erik2690

Reaction score
Smellyman":3ipceo8f said:
Kennedyin92":3ipceo8f said:

How do you know? Like genuinely curious where you saw a timestamp. They are in Saychelles: they shared that stuff at ~12:30 - 1 AM local time aka 12 hours later than Seattle time. So unless you think that sunset pic was at 1 AM, the more likely scenario is proposal, call family/friends, spend time together soaking it in, record that little vid, share a couple posts before heading to bed. Right? I kinda dislike when people presume negatives without taking time to fact check themselves and then share their presumptions as facts. I don't get that. So I'm probably responding a bit harsh and snarky here for such a minor thing, but your comment bugged me. That's a me problem more than it is about the severity of anything you said, but to quote a great man: "So lame in so many ways"

Smellyman

Reaction score
erik2690":2mdrr5qp said:
Smellyman":2mdrr5qp said:
Kennedyin92":2mdrr5qp said:

How do you know? Like genuinely curious where you saw a timestamp. They are in Saychelles: they shared that stuff at ~12:30 - 1 AM local time aka 12 hours later than Seattle time. So unless you think that sunset pic was at 1 AM, the more likely scenario is proposal, call family/friends, spend time together soaking it in, record that little vid, share a couple posts before heading to bed. Right? I kinda dislike when people presume negatives without taking time to fact check themselves and then share their presumptions as facts. I don't get that. So I'm probably responding a bit harsh and snarky here for such a minor thing, but your comment bugged me. That's a me problem more than it is about the severity of anything you said, but to quote a great man: "So lame in so many ways"

I live in Taipei, don't assume I live in Seattle! sheesh

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Whilst the injury wasn't disclosed, I heard Russ played with blue balls all last year, can you imagine how good he'll be fully healthy?

olyfan63

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":1omrki6s said:
I believe that Ciara will be better for him professionally than Ashton was. Ciara understands what it takes to be in the public eye and what it takes to succeed in a high profile profession. I don't think Ashton grasped the idea that her ex husband was a shared commodity and not just hers.

Nice call.
I too had a hunch this works out well for Russell, professionally. You captured some important reasons why it truly should. Russell's playing in a different world now than when he came out of Wisconsin.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":3u7fa705 said:
I believe that Ciara will be better for him professionally than Ashton was. Ciara understands what it takes to be in the public eye and what it takes to succeed in a high profile profession. I don't think Ashton grasped the idea that her ex husband was a shared commodity and not just hers.
Correct. And she has her own money also.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well he better get her back to work, now he has the means to buy a NFL team if she can turn out some good music and he can get some more endorsements and one more big contract.

Or at least be part of a ownership group.