Russell Wilson and endorsements

chris98251

Reaction score
mikeak":w6vfdzpk said:
RW is so good that Big and Tall called him for endorsements.

LOL yeah Short and Round doesn't have the same sound to it.

OP
OP
KARAVARUS

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
You guys keep using words in regards to Russell that you use for other players, such as "typical". And I agree that the life of a player is so short (no pun), but then you'd be banking on RW thinking this is all he can do well, which we all know isn't the case. He will never hurt for money. If his playing career ended today, he would have no trouble finding a job in football, probably with a network. I simply stand my ground on thinking he's not thinking get as much as you can while you can. And some of you are mistaking my opinion for him not deserving it. I never said such a thing; kid deserves it all. But I'm telling you now, there's elements to him that are more human than the average human, and I say he signs before free agency in the 15-17 mil range. /

chris98251

Reaction score
I said roughly 18 million over 5 years plus signing bonus of probably another ten spread out plus insentives that could push it to around 130 million if all achieved.

jdblack

Reaction score
It's ok to speculate about whether RW will give a discount, but none of us really know. It's silly to say things like "100%" or "there's no way". I personally doubt it - It's true that RW is a unique guy and strongly wants to win 4+ Superbowls, but that uniqueness also probably includes many (charitable) uses for extra $.

OP
OP
KARAVARUS

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
How many years do you all think we will seek to lock him up for? 5 seems too few to me.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
drdiags":244px94h said:
I suspect the Seahawks will pay him market value for a Franchise QB once he is able to re-do his contract. They will be very careful in how they proceed with working out his contract offer. They could try to play hardball and use his draft slotting to constrain their costs or they could identify QBs his same age and productivity to base their offer. The FO doesn't seem to have a problem giving folks big number contracts (i.e Harvin, Miller, Bryant, Rice and Clemons).

I don't expect Wilson to take a mid-level QB contract. I could see 16-18Mil/yr but wouldn't be surprised to see Flacco-like numbers. Just the way of the position. He isn't taking an 8-10M/yr deal unless he falls off the map in the next year or so.
And I think it'll be somewhere in the middle of your numbers Doc. He wants to win worse than he wants to be rich and leaving more coin for Sherm, Earl, etc. means a better chance of winning. 13-15 per will be enough for Russ.

Spiderdan

Reaction score
I don't see RW as taking a discount. He has consistently said "I want to be great". Great QBs take the big money. The Seahawks won't make him a lowball offer, that's how the Ravens got themselves into the mess of paying Flacco so much. They could've had him for 5 mill a year less if they hadn't lowballed him last year.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
How long of a contract will the Hawks offer Russell? I'd say seven years back loaded.....Starting at $15 million to the final two at $27 million.....with $50 million guaranteed. This is taking into account the expected inflation.

OP
OP
KARAVARUS

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Spiderdan":3gdi5nvm said:
I don't see RW as taking a discount. He has consistently said "I want to be great". Great QBs take the big money. The Seahawks won't make him a lowball offer, that's how the Ravens got themselves into the mess of paying Flacco so much. They could've had him for 5 mill a year less if they hadn't lowballed him last year.

This kind of baffles me. Great QB's win Super Bowls. The amount of money you make has little to do with your greatness factor. (It may lead to bigger contracts, sure, but it's not defining the term) I don't see Russell defining it as such either. And if you look at the man as he presents himself, which I believe is genuine, I don't understand how anyone can say beyond a doubt that he's going to squeeze every penny he can out of the deal. It's just not him.

chris98251

Reaction score
If we win a Super Bowl with his current track record you don't think his agents are going to want to cash in, it's Wilson and the agents representing him. Flacco, Ryan, Manning and every first rounder picked his year will have set the market, other then Brady if we win it all he will be in a tier with the best in the league and YOUNG as well as in a position to dictate his asking price.

OP
OP
KARAVARUS

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
I'm not saying for sure either way, what he'll do. I'm just saying neither can anyone else. RW isn't going to let an agent do things he's not in favor of, so let's not pretend he's 80's Brian Wilson (beach boys) under someone else's complete control.

Latest posts