Russell Wilson By-The-Numbers: 2012 vs. 2013

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":2cux6foy said:
IM WRITING THIS IN BOLD BECAUSE I WANT IT TO BE KNOWN THAT RUSSELL WILL WIN THIS SUPER BOWL, AND BE ITS MVP BASED ON HIS LEGS AND WHAT HE DOES TO THE DONKEYS WITH THEM.
I have a friend and co-worker that is predicting the same thing. He says Russ will be turned loose to run at his discretion in this game.

HawkWow

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1ea0ywgo said:
KARAVARUS":1ea0ywgo said:
IM WRITING THIS IN BOLD BECAUSE I WANT IT TO BE KNOWN THAT RUSSELL WILL WIN THIS SUPER BOWL, AND BE ITS MVP BASED ON HIS LEGS AND WHAT HE DOES TO THE DONKEYS WITH THEM.
I have a friend and co-worker that is predicting the same thing. He says Russ will be turned loose to run at his discretion in this game.

Edge to KARAVARUS, 'sinceday1. Your bud is predicting. KARAVARUS is SCREAMING! That's conviction. ; )

I agree with both. Too much riding on this outcome to not take advantage of our every weapon. I think Marshawn has to have another chat with RW if necessary. "Take this thing over bro".

WHY NOT YOU, RUSS? HUH?? WHY NOT YOU?

Hawks46

Reaction score
gulliver":120muaii said:
bigwrm":120muaii said:
I'm not concerned about Russell in the slightest, but if you're comparing years I think it would be more fair to isolate the 2nd half of last year. It obviously took him several games to get acclimated to the NFL, which I think artificially deflates his 2012 numbers.
Perhaps, but it would have gotten too granular to look at halves of seasons...

If you did that, you would also break down the first and 2nd halves of this year.

The 2nd half of last year was excellent, 2nd half of this year not so much.

I'm not worried about Wilson that much....he seems to be in a slight sophomore slump this year but that can be attributed to the poor OL play this year compared to last year. His playoff performances are easy to explain: we're missing Rice (which actually made a big difference) and we've played much better defenses this year than we did last year.

The only thing that really bothers me is that Wilson still seems to be missing open reads. This could be splitting hairs, but he doesn't seem to be much better this year compared to last year. I don't know enough about QB progression to know whether or not he should've progressed that much by now, but it's been the rule of thumb that a QB reaches his peak potential by his 4th year.

There are a ton of outliers to this of course. Peyton Manning for one, RG3's year last year was another. Luck's stats seem very similar but he's really cut down on his turnovers, which was his major goal this year.

It seems a bit nitpicky though, as he played good enough to get us to a SB.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
When RW has the game of his life and is the MVP for the win, I think we'll see "out with the old and in with the new" quotes all over the media. Maybe RW for president.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
HawkWow":37k9r5uj said:
Edge to KARAVARUS, 'sinceday1. Your bud is predicting. KARAVARUS is SCREAMING! That's conviction. ; )

Go big or go home, right? Lol