Russell Wilson Changing NFL Agents?

AVL

Reaction score
Coming out of college, the baseball agent couldn't represent him in the NFL. He had to get another agent. Maybe the guy wasn't nfl certified or the fact that he was Wilson's agent while he was playing college ball had something to do with it.

He is sticking with his original sports agent, no biggy.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Likely means nothing, although if it means anything (which I doubt), I think the meaning is pretty obvious:

People who are planning on taking hometown discounts and team friendly deals don't tend to change agents right before renegotiating their contracts. That's what people who want to get paid what they think they're worth do.

Again, I don't think this has to be what this means (or that it has to mean anything at all), but if it does mean something, that's the usual suspect for sure.

I guess the other thing you could hypothesize about is that for a baseball guy without any NFL negotiating experience the guaranteed money could end up being a bigger sticking point than is typical.That's also totally speculative though, and could mean nothing.

slargent4ever

Reaction score
I heard he caught his current agent sleeping with Golden Tate, thus the change.

HawkerD

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":1aehkhmw said:
If I remember correctly, from the not-too-long-ago article about Russell's inner circle: the three guys that handle all his outside business interests, interviews, schedules, phone calls, flights, etc. etc., one of the three guys was the son of his football agent (who he'd picked off the internet while still at NC State). The other two guys were a childhood friend from like 3rd grade and another close friend who's dad/uncle were pro golfers.

I'm sure Russ will take care of him one way or the other... Russell Inc. might be getting so big that he needs more help in other areas.

Marc Rogers is the agent he found on the Internet and his son Matt is one of the guys in his inner circle.

firebee

Reaction score
Well... This is what I do like about Wilson dropping Cook. Cook was the guy with all the connections in the NFL. He would've been the guy that was all... "I can get you more from this team, you'd be awesome over here and they have these guys playing for them or I can get this guy to sign with this team and you'd both be great together". Rodgers is a baseball guy that stuck with Wilson through the rough patches and let Wilson explore the opportunities to do what he wanted to do. Rodgers is not an NFL insider, Wilson is the only NFL player he represents and he's only dealt with the Seahawks. Rodgers seems to be more about Wilson's career and legacy than being about the most he can make off a contract in the NFL, so I think this is a good sign for Wilson staying in Seattle. I do believe Wilson would make more off commercials and endorsements by staying in Seattle than he would if he went to another team. Great players that switch teams just aren't that appealing to the market.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
It seems like all an agent has to do to get 20+ million a year for a franchise QB is show up and verify his judgement has not been comprised through the use of copious amounts of mind-altering substances. Once those two conditions are met, the QB will be presented with the following options 1) Become filthy stinking rich or 2) Become stinky stanking rich. Either way, some poor idealistic journalist is out risking her life for a chance to expose a heinous injustice against a large number of innocent people and her efforts to make the world a better place will still amount to less than the sheer fan-fueled financial power of Russell Wilson's future donations to various charities. We just like athletes better I suppose.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Thats so Russell Wilson to say he isn't "firing" his old agent, he's "making a change" ummm isn't that exactly what firing someone is? Making a change by having that person no longer work for you

Latest posts