Russell Wilson hopes one day to own the Seahawks

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Russell Wilson is in the middle of what will very likely be a Hall of Fame career. While the Seattle Seahawks quarterback is focused on making the most of his playing days, he also has a big goal for after he retires.

Wilson spoke with Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban for an episode on the quarterback’s “Dangertalk” podcast in late November. During the conversation, Wilson said he hoped to one day own the Seahawks.

“I’m fired up to get there. I would love to own the Seattle Seahawks one day,” Wilson told Cuban, via CNBC. “The city is so special … That would be one of my biggest goals in life.”

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles ... n_33485024

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Alone it will never happen,,
He might get a Jeter type piece..A tiny stake

Boohman14

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2np7cj3v said:
Alone it will never happen,,
He might get a Jeter type piece..A tiny stake

I don't know. I see a path. His wife is in the music industry. The money to be made there in distribution, labeling, representation and marketing is astounding. Russ could see his way to working his family investments in a conglomerate where his returns are in the ownership league. Michael Jordon is a billionaire. Watch Marshawn Lynch grow his brand and he is making some very savvy moves . Russ is seeking input from some good people to help him get there. He's very goal motivated. I don't doubt that he will own an NFL franchise all if that's his goal.

seabowl

Reaction score
Uh oh. Maybe he purposely starts to perform poorly to bring the price of the franchise down so he can buy low. :sarcasm_on:

FYI this board sometimes is so pessimistic that someone would probably have posted this in a serious manner. :D

Rat

Reaction score
No way he ever has the money for that. Jordan is the only former player in any sport to flat-out own a team, and even that required a good deal.

Thanks to Russ, the Seahawks are too valuable for him to own them.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Rat":19y25zb1 said:
No way he ever has the money for that. Jordan is the only former player in any sport to flat-out own a team, and even that required a good deal.

Jerry Richardson played in the NFL in the 1950's and bought the Carolina Panthers in 1995.

Rat

Reaction score
Maulbert":3hiplhh9 said:
Rat":3hiplhh9 said:

Jerry Richardson played in the NFL in the 1950's and bought the Carolina Panthers in 1995.

He co-founded Hardee's and Spartan Foods and was the CEO of Flagstar. Russ will probably need to get some business money if he wants team ownership.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
I love the idea but his empire will have to grow immensely for it to become reality. By the time he is done playing the Seahawks will probably be valued at 4+ billion, and that might be low.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Joe Montana, Ronnie Lott et. al got together and tried to buy the 9ers but the Debartolo family said no. Even though the DeB's were dealing with Eddie's suspension, there was a plan of succession.

With Jody, I don't know. If she doesn't want to give up majority ownership, she could well be amenable to selling a sizable minority stake.

CPHawk

Reaction score
He can work partial ownership into his next contract. That's the first step.

LTH

Reaction score
Supposedly the Hawks today are worth 2.3 Billion... PA bought the Hawks for 194 million in 1997 talk about return on your money? So I would say Wilson has a long way to go... but better Wilson than Jeff Bezo... Bezo shouldn't be allowed to buy the Hawks ...that would be a monumental mistake IMO...

LTH

zhawk

Reaction score
Mario lemeaux finagled his last contract into ownership of the penguins

xray

Reaction score
He should keep unrealistic statements to himself .

Rat

Reaction score
LTH":34d5u6ek said:
Supposedly the Hawks today are worth 2.3 Billion... PA bought the Hawks for 194 million in 1997 talk about return on your money? So I would say Wilson has a long way to go... but better Wilson than Jeff Bezo... Bezo shouldn't be allowed to buy the Hawks ...that would be a monumental mistake IMO...

Jerry Jones bought the Cowboys in 1989 for $140 million. They’re now valued at $5.5 billion. Insane ROI some of these guys got.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
As long as Howard Schultz doesn’t buy the team and resell it to some asshole in Oklahoma I’m okay with it.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
xray":18j9q7ec said:
He should keep unrealistic statements to himself .

Like when he said in high school that he wanted to be the greatest NFL QB, and knew he could do it.

Absolutely stupid statement from someone 5'10" tall in the NFL 15 years ago.

Your view of unrealistic is tremendously short-sighted.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
CPHawk":1e1u3o3y said:
He can work partial ownership into his next contract. That's the first step.
I don’t think the NFL allows that. There would be salary cap issues.