Russell Wilson is the best QB in the NFL. Period.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Rat":5zt0ltjn said:
rcaido":5zt0ltjn said:
Rat":5zt0ltjn said:
Cam deserves the MVP award. Russ is still better.

Why does Cam deserve MVP?
Comparable stats (Russ had more yards, Cam had more total TDs), but Cam did it with no receivers and led his team to a 15-1 record, while Russ was not a division champ. Both were great, but I don't see how you don't give it to Cam.

Russell puts up the same numbers as Cam did every year. Not considered MVP because of run game and D. (better numbers this year too)

Cam does it with great D and run game, great TE and Ginn and Cotchery and 'Cam puts the team on his back.'

smh

Cam is 6'5

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I don't get why some on here don't think Cam deserves it. He had an amazing year. His on-field antics drive me crazy, but you have to admit he had an amazing season. He even led his team to a win over the Hawks in Seattle (something many on here thought couldn't be done by him).

Smellyman

Reaction score
Cothcery 522 career receptions 33 td's

Ginn 502 receptions 21 td's

Olsen 540 49 td's

pedestrian

Smellyman

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1lhvmw40 said:
I don't get why some on here don't think Cam deserves it. He had an amazing year. His on-field antics drive me crazy, but you have to admit he had an amazing season. He even led his team to a win over the Hawks in Seattle (something many on here thought couldn't be done by him).

Oh he does deserve it. Not saying it would be horrible. For all the reasons I mention in this thread it shouldn't be so cut and dry.

the running away with it is stupid. He had it won after week 9.

AVL

Reaction score
As always that should be qualified with "at the moment".

But, yeah.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
jkitsune":1rwxn23f said:
hawksfansinceday1":1rwxn23f said:
jkitsune":1rwxn23f said:
Worst QB to ever play in a 'Hawks uniform, and I've been around long enough to see them all.
Thread win!

What was that guy's name?

Was that cboom? I think it was cboom. Haven't seen a ton of him around recently - wonder why.
Yes! cboom where are you?

Happy

Reaction score
jkitsune":3ml2n2pq said:
Worst QB to ever play in a 'Hawks uniform, and I've been around long enough to see them all.

Best post of 2016.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Rat":3pwfi4lr said:
rcaido":3pwfi4lr said:
Rat":3pwfi4lr said:
Cam deserves the MVP award. Russ is still better.

Why does Cam deserve MVP?
Comparable stats (Russ had more yards, Cam had more total TDs), but Cam did it with no receivers and led his team to a 15-1 record, while Russ was not a division champ. Both were great, but I don't see how you don't give it to Cam.

Russ did it without Lynch for most of the year and without Rawls for another significant portion.

He also lost JG and is down to 5th and 6th string tight ends with a poor oline.

The biggest difference between the two is that the CAM narrative in the media started earlier in the season. Once its in their minds, its set in stone.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Cam has had a great year. Wilson has had a better year statistically and when factoring in injuries, offensive line etc.

hillbillyhawk12

Reaction score
jkitsune":2iwdkziu said:

Legit lol'd.

On a serious note, I wouldn't take another QB over Russ right now. He has been absolutely amazing!

Rob12

Reaction score
Been saying it for a few years now and I'll dig up my posts for proof if need be. Not a QB exists that I would rather have than RW.

endzorn

Reaction score
I've been very critical of Wilson in the past, but I can't think of a single QB who is more dangerous than he is. It's been incredibly fun to watch him mature as a pocket passer.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Rob12":1zaxmcg4 said:
Been saying it for a few years now and I'll dig up my posts for proof if need be. Not a QB exists that I would rather have than RW.

I remember halfway through Russ's rookie year debating with a Bears fan friend of mine at the time whether I'd rather have Russell Wilson or Jay Cutler. I vehemently argued Russ was clearly the better pick for the future, and may well be the better pick for this year. He sort of scoffed, given that Wilson hadn't exactly lit the world on fire his first half-season.

We had this discussion at a sports bar right before the Bears game.

Russ went ahead and proved my point for me.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Smellyman":26m68exw said:
Cothcery 522 career receptions 33 td's

Ginn 502 receptions 21 td's

Olsen 540 49 td's

pedestrian

I know you're not a Cam fan, but that's too milk out of nose LOL funny to not retort.

Cotchery has been in the league longer than any player on the Hawks roster.

Ginn has 2 TD catches in five years since 2008 without Cam, and 15 in two years with Cam.

Ironically Cotchery missed multiple games this year, and Ginn didn't play Sunday.

Olsen himself was no pro bowler with the Bears and they had no qualms trading him for a 3rd round pick.

kf3339

Reaction score
Wilson is the best young QB in the game today. It is becoming very obvious to even the largest skeptics.

He will be a muli-year MVP in his career, but not this year. Cam will get it and I think it's deserved. But it will be his first and only one.

Rob12

Reaction score
Happy":1jwxdbyo said:
jkitsune":1jwxdbyo said:

Best post of 2016.

Yes, I need to shake this man's hand. I really do.

Rob12

Reaction score
Russ deserves the MVP.

Cam deserves the MVP.

Cam will get it, and I have not a single problem with that.

That's really all that needs to be said. I've been critical of RW at times, but I don't know if a bigger RW fan exists than myself... Anthony! included. If you care to know why, PM and I'll gladly tell you.

And yes, the title is correct... He IS the best QB in the NFL.