Russell Wilson LEGIT MVP Candidate

scutterhawk

Reaction score
northseahawk":1c3wb3io said:
Is this a joke? He is unwatchable 90% of the time!

His absolute zero pocket presence is making the online worst and ruining the timings of true routes.
No, your POST is the "JOKE"
His LACK of protection is the reason for his LACK of trust....His Injuries last Season are a REMINDER WHY he can't TRUST that the protection won't just EVAPORATE on EVERY SNAP of the ball. :roll:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not even worth it Scutter, people have decided he's not good enough. Even though he's one of most clutch QB's we have ever seen when the game is on the line.
Oh well, to each his/her own. He has his moments, but overall, he's almost carrying this team quite a bit of the time.

chris98251

Reaction score
The player that is most valuable to a team, now there are 32 teams in the league, each has a MVP person, how does Wilson get elevated above 31 others, you have to have Gawdy numbers, or you have to win games to get that recognition. If you don't someone in a more flashy situation with better numbers that wins dramatically is going to get the nod. Typically the games won are playoff games that get the most attention as you run the gauntlet.

Not fair if your team sucks around you but you out perform everyone, but the NFL reality and the mediots and biased people who vote are going to go with the popular situation.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Entirely possible that last night's losses on defense will be the catalyst to make this a reality, especially if some of those losses are for more than a game or two. Obviously Sherman is the biggest loss.

If the defense can't shut opposing teams down, we will have to let the reins free on our offense, and that could vault Wilson into the conversation. He has already been putting up all the necessary stats, except scoring, If we make a deep run in the playoffs, he might just pull it off this year.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
He is definitely in the discussion for top 5.

As for which player is the most important to his team, without a doubt it is Brady. At least RW can lean on the defense. Brady literally has no defense in NE. Take RW off this team, and we still probably find a way to win 8 games with the defense. Take Brady off NE and they probably win about 5 games.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":xpgiolha said:

As for which player is the most important to his team, without a doubt it is Brady. At least RW can lean on the defense. Brady literally has no defense in NE. Take RW off this team, and we still probably find a way to win 8 games with the defense. Take Brady off NE and they probably win about 5 games.

Actually I change my mind. Aaron Rodgers is the MVP. When he plays, they are a 10-12 win team. Without him they probably don't win more than 4 games. This season is proof why Rodgers is the most important player to his team. GB doesn't have the defense to lean on and definitely don't have the coach. At least we have Pete and the great defense. NE at least has Belichick who can gameplan.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1qq4vu3g said:
Hawk-Lock":1qq4vu3g said:

Actually I change my mind. Aaron Rodgers is the MVP. When he plays, they are a 10-12 win team. Without him they probably don't win more than 4 games. This season is proof why Rodgers is the most important player to his team. GB doesn't have the defense to lean on and definitely don't have the coach. At least we have Pete and the great defense. NE at least has Belichick who can gameplan.

He isn’t playing the majority of the season. How can he be most valuable THIS YEAR?? Makes no sense...

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
I doubt he will get MVP. He has had a couple of bad moments. Last week vs the Redskins was a bad moment. That being said he definitely has a chance of winning it. He will have to continue his number production and then some. That 84.5% figure JG came up with is damn impressive.

He is literally THE offense.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":11t5ye2g said:
Hawk-Lock":11t5ye2g said:
Hawk-Lock":11t5ye2g said:

He isn’t playing the majority of the season. How can he be most valuable THIS YEAR?? Makes no sense...

I meant in terms of which player is most important to their team.

Anthony!

Reaction score
bigskydoc":3cvqze85 said:
Entirely possible that last night's losses on defense will be the catalyst to make this a reality, especially if some of those losses are for more than a game or two. Obviously Sherman is the biggest loss.

If the defense can't shut opposing teams down, we will have to let the reins free on our offense, and that could vault Wilson into the conversation. He has already been putting up all the necessary stats, except scoring, If we make a deep run in the playoffs, he might just pull it off this year.

KInd of agree except for the scoring part as he is top 3 in passing tds. In fact he is top 10 or better in yards, tds, YPA, YPG, QB rating, and doing it with less support from a run game than anyone ahead of him, not mention pass blocking and penalties. He leads a top 5 offense by total yards, top 10 by scoring, SO I would say he has a shot, that said we are in Alaska so while I am hoping, I am not expecting

Anthony!

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":9ks0bb0y said:
Hawk-Lock":9ks0bb0y said:

He cant win though as he is not playing

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Anthony!":1lgksxv6 said:
Hawk-Lock":1lgksxv6 said:
Hawk-Lock":1lgksxv6 said:

Yeah I stated it poorly. People in here are talking about two different things. Who is the actual MVP, and which player is the most important to their team. Obviously ARod isn't winning MVP, but he is clearly the most important player on any NFL team.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2y1j4gy6 said:
Anthony!":2y1j4gy6 said:

Yeah I stated it poorly. People in here are talking about two different things. Who is the actual MVP, and which player is the most important to their team. Obviously ARod isn't winning MVP, but he is clearly the most important player on any NFL team.

Understood, but you can say that about Rodgers because you have seen the team without him, do you really think if Rw went down we would be where we are now? I would argue we would be in as much trouble with out RW as GB without Rodgers given he is making up nearly 90% of our offense.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1btjsjtj said:
Anthony!":1btjsjtj said:

Nope, :141847_bnono: Rodgers is the MVP of the Packers, not the most important player of ALL teams in the NFL.
+, Russell Wilson has been doing it without Lynch, hell, without ANY kind of run game, he's also been Hit, Hurried, and Sacked FAR MORE than Brady or Rodgers, and Y'all got to admit that Gronk will undoubtedly be 1st ballot to the HOF, and very likely Nelson will join Rodgers in the HOF.
Wilson responsible for 84%+ of the Offense while playing behind a crap O-Line is pretty damned sensational.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
The difference is the Seahawks can lean on the defense without RW. Before the Sherman injury, we had a top 3 defense. The Packers don't have a great defense to lean on.

Bring in a competent back up with this defense and they can still proabably win 7-8 games. Just look at Minnesota. Case Keenum is a backup playing behind a great defense and he may get them to double digit wins. A backup QB's best friend is a good defense.

Packers go from a 11-12 win team to probably a 3-4 win team without Rodgers. I'd say he is worth about 8 wins. While RW is great and does so much for this offense, I think we are probably a 6-8 win team without him, whereas we are a 10-12 team with him.

Which team do you think wins more games without their starting QB for an entire season, the Seahawks or Packers? That should answer your question right there. In my opinion it is a no brainer, Seahawks are a much better team without their starting quarterback.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Objectively speaking he's not an MVP candidate this year. He's had too many ups and downs.

adeltaY

Reaction score
I'm with Hawk-Lock. Honestly, this has a lot to do with the QBs and coaches. TT has assembled a subpar defense and Capers is AWFUL, except against the Seahawks. I swear he keeps his job based on dominating Russell Wilson and our offense. Look at how the Lions dominated that defense on MNF and the Falcons did the last couple of times they played the Pack. They suck.

Rodgers is the MVP in the way Hawk-Lock is describing it. I wouldn't even give the Packers 4 wins without Rodgers. They're basically the Browns without him. Especially if they stick with Hundley.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
adeltaY":3qodgstm said:
I'm with Hawk-Lock. Honestly, this has a lot to do with the QBs and coaches. TT has assembled a subpar defense and Capers is AWFUL, except against the Seahawks. I swear he keeps his job based on dominating Russell Wilson and our offense. Look at how the Lions dominated that defense on MNF and the Falcons did the last couple of times they played the Pack. They suck.

Rodgers is the MVP in the way Hawk-Lock is describing it. I wouldn't even give the Packers 4 wins without Rodgers. They're basically the Browns without him. Especially if they stick with Hundley.

I'm probably giving the Packers too much credit saying they are a 4 win team without Rodgers. Like you said, they basically become one of the worst teams in the league. If you think of it, they are pretty similar to the Colts. The QB has to do everything for that team, the difference is Rodgers is better than Luck and the Packers probably have a slight better overall team.

Packers without Rodgers are a bottom 5 team. The Seahawks without Russell Wilson are probably in the middle. We at least have other superstars on our team, most notably the guys on the other side of the football.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3dyi1xmq said:
The difference is the Seahawks can lean on the defense without RW. Before the Sherman injury, we had a top 3 defense. The Packers don't have a great defense to lean on.

Bring in a competent back up with this defense and they can still proabably win 7-8 games. Just look at Minnesota. Case Keenum is a backup playing behind a great defense and he may get them to double digit wins. A backup QB's best friend is a good defense.

Packers go from a 11-12 win team to probably a 3-4 win team without Rodgers. I'd say he is worth about 8 wins. While RW is great and does so much for this offense, I think we are probably a 6-8 win team without him, whereas we are a 10-12 team with him.

Which team do you think wins more games without their starting QB for an entire season, the Seahawks or Packers? That should answer your question right there. In my opinion it is a no brainer, Seahawks are a much better team without their starting quarterback.

ahh right, I dont agree at all, I think the Packers win more.

Anthony!

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2olqb7nf said:
Objectively speaking he's not an MVP candidate this year. He's had too many ups and downs.

ahh really lets look at that

9 games
5 295 or more yards, 6 2 or more tds, 5 with QB rating over 100

Now lets look at Brady
8 games
5 games 295 or more yards, 5 games with 2 or more tds, 4 games qb rating over 100

Hmm seems Brady had some bad games too

Now let sloo at Wents
9 games playes
3 games over 295 yards, 7 games over 2 tds, 4 games with Qb rating over 100

Hmm he had some bad games too

Enough said