Russell Wilson LEGIT MVP Candidate

adeltaY

Reaction score
They don't factor playoff game performances into MVP voting. It's purely based on the regular season. If we can get to 11-5 and Russ can pass for about 4500 with 32+ TDs and fewer than 10 picks, he has a shot.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/nflresearch/status/931284782939488257[/tweet]

I’d like to know who #2 was, and what his stats were.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
If he puts the team on his back and pulls off a victory against ATL on MNF he might become the front runner. With our mounting injuries and a recent loss at home against WASH. I can't believe we are favored to win. It well take a supreme night from Russ and or DL to terrorize Ryan and I think we could pull it off.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
northseahawk":8tk8wtbq said:
I am assuming that lucky throw up that Baldwin caught was skills to you guys! Lol

I guess this is the small group of people that no matter if Wilson literally shits on the field, you guys would still worship him!

I guess you're in the smaller group of people who will denounce Russell for making a play that only he could make. The fact that he got that ball off was pretty amazing to being with. I'm assuming you didn't watch the first 8 seconds of the play where Russell makes a few defenders miss and fall on their asses like fat 8th graders.

I'm going to go ahead and worship the guy who's accounted for the highest percentage of scrimmage yards for his team in the entire Super Bowl era.

Russell Wilson IS the offense and the Seahawks are likely a playoff team.

Russell Wilson is the MVP of the NFL without even a sliver of a doubt, as things stand right now.

chris98251

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1vhexm1y said:
northseahawk":1vhexm1y said:
I am assuming that lucky throw up that Baldwin caught was skills to you guys! Lol

I guess this is the small group of people that no matter if Wilson literally shits on the field, you guys would still worship him!

I guess you're in the smaller group of people who will denounce Russell for making a play that only he could make. The fact that he got that ball off was pretty amazing to being with. I'm assuming you didn't watch the first 8 seconds of the play where Russell makes a few defenders miss and fall on their asses like fat 8th graders.

I'm going to go ahead and worship the guy who's accounted for the highest percentage of scrimmage yards for his team in the entire Super Bowl era.

Russell Wilson IS the offense and the Seahawks are likely a playoff team.

Russell Wilson is the MVP of the NFL without even a sliver of a doubt, as things stand right now.

82 Percent of the offense, ok as a DC that's a easy defense, hit him and hit him harder, take him away and that leaves the rest of the Seahawks with 18 percent of the offense.

Yeah easier said then done, but a solid hit on him or a Bounty and yeah it still happens you can count on it, kind of why spearing a guy in the jaw isn't a surprise and the Seahawks are easy to defend and beat.

Before people go off on wishing injury crap, I do not want Wilson injured, but where money and titles come in well we know how things really are.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
From the Professor...

If anyone has doubts about his case for being MVP, look at these numbers: He’s accounted for 82.1 percent of the offensive yards. No quarterback in the Super Bowl era has had a number like that. He has the sixth-best quarterback rating when he’s out of the pocket (100.7). He’s fifth-best on throws from three-step drops, completing 32-of-46 for 261 yards. He’s thrown 52 deep passes, most in the league. He’s fourth-best when he’s under pressure, with a 77.3 quarterback rating. He ranks 10th with a 107.9 quarterback rating. The 6.77 yards out of empty backfield formations if the fifth best in the league.

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/368154/cl ... s-falcons/

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I think at the end of the year it will be between RW and Brady. No WR or RB is having the type of year to win it.

I still stand by my statement that Aaron Rodgers is the most valuable player to his team. They go from a double digit win team, to probably a 3 win team.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3987xr9h said:
I think at the end of the year it will be between RW and Brady. No WR or RB is having the type of year to win it.

I still stand by my statement that Aaron Rodgers is the most valuable player to his team. They go from a double digit win team, to probably a 3 win team.

well, you are entitled to your opinion but there is no way to prove that they would only win 3 without Rodgers all season, just like I could say we \wold only win 3 without Rw but I can't prove it. Given how much of the offense Rw is producing I could easily argue he is more valuable as he is producing a higher % of team yards than Rodgers was before he went down. Also higher % of team scoring than Rodgers.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Not to take anything away from Russ, but Doug told Gee Scott that Russ just threw it up or tried to get it out of bounds and Doug happened to be there to catch it. Pretty funny stuff.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Literally the only way he's a legit objective MVP candidate is if the Seahawks win out.

Even if we do that will still probably only get us a 4 seed.

Aw Mang

Reaction score
adeltaY":e4bjvfy6 said:
Not to take anything away from Russ, but Doug told Gee Scott that Russ just threw it up or tried to get it out of bounds and Doug happened to be there to catch it. Pretty funny stuff.
You know what they say. Winner makes their own luck.

chris98251

Reaction score
Aw Mang":g2luepvb said:
adeltaY":g2luepvb said:

Yeah they can make their own luck but can't block 300 pound defensive lineman.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":21qp9hm7 said:
Aw Mang":21qp9hm7 said:
adeltaY":21qp9hm7 said:

Yeah they can make their own luck but can't block 300 pound defensive lineman.
You're right, but he can, and time after time, HAS juked 300 pound D Linemen, who wound up falling flat on his face trying to tackle him, AND MADE MULTIPLE SENSATIONAL PLAYS...Earning him that 82.1 success record.
I would love to see Cable DEVELOP a better than bottom of the League Pass PrO-Line...Can you imagine what his number might look like if they just improved by a mere 10%? :!: :!: :!:

adeltaY

Reaction score
As weird as it sounds, I think we'd hit the point of diminishing returns quickly as the OL gets better. I think the benefit of having an average one vs. an elite one would be much less with Russ than some of us realize. I think he'd bail out of a clean pocket after four seconds max. There aren't many who just stand in there and survey the field for ages. Romo was amazing at it, give that guy a clean pocket and he'd stand there happily and hit someone for a huge gain every time. 3rd and 20 vs. the Hawks.... painful memory.

Of course, what we have is waaaaaayyy below average so that sucks and Russ deserves better. :(