Russell Wilson LEGIT MVP Candidate

Anthony!

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1t2fsr4e said:
adeltaY":1t2fsr4e said:
I'm with Hawk-Lock. Honestly, this has a lot to do with the QBs and coaches. TT has assembled a subpar defense and Capers is AWFUL, except against the Seahawks. I swear he keeps his job based on dominating Russell Wilson and our offense. Look at how the Lions dominated that defense on MNF and the Falcons did the last couple of times they played the Pack. They suck.

Rodgers is the MVP in the way Hawk-Lock is describing it. I wouldn't even give the Packers 4 wins without Rodgers. They're basically the Browns without him. Especially if they stick with Hundley.

I'm probably giving the Packers too much credit saying they are a 4 win team without Rodgers. Like you said, they basically become one of the worst teams in the league. If you think of it, they are pretty similar to the Colts. The QB has to do everything for that team, the difference is Rodgers is better than Luck and the Packers probably have a slight better overall team.

Packers without Rodgers are a bottom 5 team. The Seahawks without Russell Wilson are probably in the middle. We at least have other superstars on our team, most notably the guys on the other side of the football.

LOL yeah I would not say any of that, and of course, we have no way of really knowing.

irocdave

Reaction score
I think RW should be in the running for league MVP, but I also understand, and feel that he is part of the problem on offense. When you watch a legit top tier QB, you see lots of throws before the receivers break, you see standing or moving up in a pocket, you see good consistent clock management and you see sharpness throughout games. RW seems to not trust anything in the first half and needs to run the ball himself several times before he gets in a grove throwing the ball. Hanging teammates out to dry by throwing the ball out of bounds after he scrambles out of a clean pocket while he clearly sees O lineman go downfield to block for him is one example. The O lineman get flagged but RW doesn't take a sack by running out of bounds. If I were an O lineman I would be pissed. And yes, that has happened.

I'm not going to trash RW, he has the heart of a warrior and does what he has to get himself in the mindset to make spectacular plays in chaotic moments, but a percentage of the time, he causes the chaotic moments. There is no one like RW in the NFL, he IS the seahawks offense. His game dictates that.

I have all the respect in the world for RW, but as a 47 YO NFL fan since I first started watching TV, his game is part of the problem with the O and also the solution to the O.

He should be in the running for MVP.

Anthony!

Reaction score
irocdave":39xxujfp said:
I'm not going to trash RW,

And yet you did lol. Fyi most experts don't say he is the problem with the offense but the only reason it works and lot of what you say is either wrong or way over exaggerated.

JimmyG

Reaction score
I think he's been too inconsistent to be an MVP candidate. If you look at his game log, he has four games that were complete duds (GB, ARI, STL, SF). Even in the four games where he was really underwhelming, the defense has allowed only 14.75 PPG and we won two of them. Someone mentioned Wilson having a lot of slack because of our defense -- I agree, that's a luxury most QBs don't have.

Now, Sherman is gone for the year and the other two LOB members are banged up. Maybe, going forward, the defense will look mortal. If he can carry this team without consistent strong defensive efforts (e.g. a handful of performances like the Texans game), then I think he'll be in the running. Right now though I just don't see it.

Anthony!

Reaction score
JimmyG":5msxiith said:
I think he's been too inconsistent to be an MVP candidate. If you look at his game log, he has four games that were complete duds (GB, ARI, STL, SF). Even in the four games where he was really underwhelming, the defense has allowed only 14.75 PPG and we won two of them. Someone mentioned Wilson having a lot of slack because of our defense -- I agree, that's a luxury most QBs don't have.

Now, Sherman is gone for the year and the other two LOB members are banged up. Maybe, going forward, the defense will look mortal. If he can carry this team without consistent strong defensive efforts (e.g. a handful of performances like the Texans game), then I think he'll be in the running. Right now though I just don't see it.

hmm again lets look at this and compare to say Brady and the eagles QB

Wilson
9 games
5 295 or more yards, 6 2 or more tds, 5 with QB rating over 100

Now lets look at Brady
8 games
5 games 295 or more yards, 5 games with 2 or more tds, 4 games qb rating over 100

Hmm seems Brady had some bad games too

Now let sloo at Wents
9 games played
3 games over 295 yards, 7 games over 2 tds, 4 games with Qb rating over 100

Hmm he had some bad games too

So as you can see Rws has had both good and bad games on par with 2 other MVP candidates

Enough said

adeltaY

Reaction score
Dude. I love Russ but you're cherry picking. Brady has been much better. He had one bad game vs. KC. If you want to use the yards argument, why set a cutoff that favors Russ? Brady is averaging 35 more passing yards per game. The Pats defense is awful. 15th in points per game and 32nd in yards per game. He has to carry that team.

Tom has a better supporting cast, but he's running the show and if he isn't on his A game, that offense doesn't work. He's been on his A game every game except the first. Plus the dude is 40 freaking years old and he's the best QB in the league.

Wentz has 23 TDs to 5 INT. Russ has 19 TD to 6 INT. I'd take Russ over him due to Wentz having a much better supporting cast and fantastic coaching, but his stats are better.

Anthony!

Reaction score
adeltaY":1rvk9p8b said:
Dude. I love Russ but you're cherry picking. Brady has been much better. He had one bad game vs. KC. If you want to use the yards argument, why set a cutoff that favors Russ? Brady is averaging 35 more passing yards per game. The Pats defense is awful. 15th in points per game and 32nd in yards per game. He has to carry that team.

Tom has a better supporting cast, but he's running the show and if he isn't on his A game, that offense doesn't work. He's been on his A game every game except the first. Plus the dude is 40 freaking years old and he's the best QB in the league.

Wentz has 23 TDs to 5 INT. Russ has 19 TD to 6 INT. I'd take Russ over him due to Wentz having a much better supporting cast and fantastic coaching, but his stats are better.

I was not cherry picking I picked a number that I felt was fair and close the magic 300

Since you want to look at Brady lets. First, you say yes he does have a better supporting cast but if he is not on his game the offense does not work" Great but the same goes for Wilson, He is also our top Rusher, as well as QB. FYI Besides KC he also did not play great against NJ 80 qb rating. His team avg more rushing yards per game than ours and Brady has almost none were as our top rusher is RW. They have 6 rushing Tds, we have 2 and 1 was by RW. He has a better oline. ANd that Defense you think is so much worse than ours only gives up a FG more in points which is not much, Also if without him at his top form the offense does not work than how did they go 3-1 without him last year?

My point is all 3 Brady, Wentz and Wilson have the passing numbers. Brady and Wents have more help then Rw. However Rw is also essential to our run game and right now is our run game, Neither Brady nor Wents are that. And as I have shown all 3 have had their good and bad games and days.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Personally, I don't think any of them get it. Gurley should win it. Lets face it, the Rams aren't winning because of Jared Goff.

Anthony!

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":12ucdyng said:
Personally, I don't think any of them get it. Gurley should win it. Lets face it, the Rams aren't winning because of Jared Goff.

Perhaps we will see.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
northseahawk":ff5mbqqa said:
I am assuming that lucky throw up that Baldwin caught was skills to you guys! Lol

I guess this is the small group of people that no matter if Wilson literally shits on the field, you guys would still worship him!

I would call that throw luck if he didnt do something like that damn near every week. It ceases to be luck after its repeated a hundred times.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
The only reason we are in any game (ok, I'll give you the Texans game) is our defense. We're annually in the top 5 scoring defenses. All we need is an offense capable of exceeding the meager total the opponent can muster against us, which on average is one of the lowest in the NFL.

I have a hard time saying wow the defense is absolutely tremendous - perhaps the best the NFL has ever seen, and by the way Russell here's your MVP for mostly guiding the offense to scoring more than the league's consistently best defense allows.

Anthony!

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":1abx72bl said:
northseahawk":1abx72bl said:
I am assuming that lucky throw up that Baldwin caught was skills to you guys! Lol

I guess this is the small group of people that no matter if Wilson literally shits on the field, you guys would still worship him!

I would call that throw luck if he didnt do something like that damn near every week. It ceases to be luck after its repeated a hundred times.

Actually, they talked about it on 710 with Huard and it was not luck, he actually talked about how you could see Rw motion on the run some to Baldwin, and how he threw it to were Baldwin was, when he could easily have thrown it away given he was way out of the box. The problem here is a small number of people and their multiple aliases look for anything they can use to downplay RW. If he has a great game all they want to talk about it some missed through or a sack, or he could have gotten 1 yard more here or there. sometimes they just make it up,

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":3f8oenhs said:
XxXdragonXxX":3f8oenhs said:
northseahawk":3f8oenhs said:

Actually, they talked about it on 710 with Huard and it was not luck, he actually talked about how you could see Rw motion on the run some to Baldwin, and how he threw it to were Baldwin was, when he could easily have thrown it away given he was way out of the box. The problem here is a small number of people and their multiple aliases look for anything they can use to downplay RW. If he has a great game all they want to talk about it some missed through or a sack, or he could have gotten 1 yard more here or there. sometimes they just make it up,
Yes, and they do actually practice those prison break plays -- positioning, space, etc. -- because they realize what a special talent Russ is on the scramble.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Without Wilson the Seahawks wouldn’t have an offense. He is the Seahawks offense so that puts in the hat as a MVP candidate. Like Russell Westbrook for the Thunder last season.

Seymour

Reaction score
iigakusei":30n3ojex said:
You can't give the MVP to a QB on an offense this bad. You just can't. Unfair? Maybe. But you can't.

Guess again....

How far can one player single-handedly carry a team? Well, right now, the Seahawks hold the fifth seed in the NFC playoff picture thanks to their quarterback. We saw him once again Houdini his way around the field Thursday night, leading Seattle to its fifth win in the last six games. He is the definition of "Most Valuable Player."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...layer-rankings-week-11-russell-wilson-for-mvp

chris98251

Reaction score
Seymour":2dru8kgo said:
iigakusei":2dru8kgo said:
You can't give the MVP to a QB on an offense this bad. You just can't. Unfair? Maybe. But you can't.

Guess again....

How far can one player single-handedly carry a team? Well, right now, the Seahawks hold the fifth seed in the NFC playoff picture thanks to their quarterback. We saw him once again Houdini his way around the field Thursday night, leading Seattle to its fifth win in the last six games. He is the definition of "Most Valuable Player."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...layer-rankings-week-11-russell-wilson-for-mvp

As it stands 2 Steelers and Brady ahead of him, where do East Coaster put their money unless there is no choice?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I truly don't care if he gets it or not. He's the MVP of this team, clearly. And we will need him to take it next level the rest of the way.

Seymour

Reaction score
chris98251":g91bjpuo said:
Seymour":g91bjpuo said:
iigakusei":g91bjpuo said:

Guess again....

As it stands 2 Steelers and Brady ahead of him, where do East Coaster put their money unless there is no choice?

Ya, I don't think he'll win it unless we make the SB (or more heroics weekly), but just saying that it is possible, and he is in the conversation already.