Russell Wilson: passing problems

Jacknut16

Reaction score
Anthony!":1trn5hel said:
sc85sis":1trn5hel said:
For me, the primary takeaway in this thread is that some people have to be "right" and therefore the people they disagree with must be "wrong."

Regarding Russell, yes, he's struggling a bit right now. Yes, it will be a concern if that continues. No, it doesn't mean he sucks.

YMMV

Exactly does not mean he sucks, if it did then all QBS suck because they all have gone through it. interestingly a certain jacknut is doing the same crap on another board and has since Wilson was drafted. He is being hit with the same facts and stats showing he is wrong there, but still only knows his agenda to have been right about how we should not have taken Wilson in the first place.

Another outright lie,
If nothing else you sure continue to show that you will say ANYTHING to try and defend Wilson, even completely blatant lies such as this.

I never said we shouldnt have drafted him, I said I thought he shouldnt have started outright.

You were to busy trying to still point out to everyone how much better Tjack was then Matt Hass at that point.

At least you moved on from your Alexander love over everything else.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Scottemojo":csqz0nuu said:
People bagging on Russ have to ignore years of evidence, including college, to assume he is broken after a 3 game slump. Most recent is not most pertinent.
I think anyone suggesting Russ is somehow a failed experiment is absolutely silly. That said, there's nothing wrong with calling out that he has not looked very sharp in at least, what, 5 out of 9 games this season. I don't think any of us really expect him to become an elite passer like Rodgers (although it would be nice) but clearly he's missed a lot of opportunities to make good plays, and I'm not talking about the missed bomb to Kearse.

I need to see Russell get back to his smart, accurate, and efficient old self, and there's nothing unreasonable about that statement. Yes, there are excuses like dropped passes and poor protection, but it's his job to overcome those things and that's been a problem. It seems his issues are mostly mental, and we all know he's capable of doing really good things with his arm, so in the big picture I believe he'll return to form.

I just hope he starts tomorrow.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
I am not as concerned about Wilson's recent inconsistency as others. To me he is the epitome of a clutch performer. I have seen him (and Lynch) absolutely will this team to victory so many times that I am not going to stress if he has a rough stretch in the 2nd or 3rd quarters...or even a stretch of less than stellar games. He is akin to a clutch hitter, say Pablo Sandoval, who could go hitless in a series and then in the 8th inning with the tying runner at 2nd he hits a gap shot double-and does this the next game and the next series. Wilson is admittedly a different kind of quarterback but there is no one I have more faith in late in the game than him.

As others have said he is not going to be a Brady or Rodgers classic pocket passer throwing 45 times a game, completing 20 in a row and lighting up your community fantasy league. But he does have that innate Staubach drive in him to make the unexpected happen and to always keep fighting. And I'll take that any day.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":3551k1og said:
LymonHawk":3551k1og said:
Up until three weeks ago? LOL!

BTW: His records for the first 2 years having absolutely nothing to do with how he's playing now.

Actually sure they do if you are playing like a top QB for 2+ years and then have a bad 3 game stretch you do not all of sudden become a non top QB. It shows the 3 games are not the norm but the great play is. So yeah they do matter.

So, is Joe Montana still a top QB? Hey, he was great 20+ years ago!

Anthony!

Reaction score
LymonHawk":11se4qyq said:
Anthony!":11se4qyq said:
LymonHawk":11se4qyq said:

BTW: His records for the first 2 years having absolutely nothing to do with how he's playing now.

Actually sure they do if you are playing like a top QB for 2+ years and then have a bad 3 game stretch you do not all of sudden become a non top QB. It shows the 3 games are not the norm but the great play is. So yeah they do matter.

He is arguably one of the best of all times.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":1c2r8hlb said:
LymonHawk":1c2r8hlb said:
Anthony!":1c2r8hlb said:
LymonHawk":1c2r8hlb said:

He is arguably one of the best of all times.

Methinks either you missed the point or you're just being obstinate. Yes Montana WAS a great QB, but; If he were to put on pads today and try to play NFL football, would he still play like a great QB? I think not. :roll:

Cartire

Reaction score
LymonHawk":bnq08b52 said:
Methinks either you missed the point or you're just being obstinate. Yes Montana WAS a great QB, but; If he were to put on pads today and try to play NFL football, would he still play like a great QB? I think not. :roll:

Hold on dude. Are you trying to compare a guy thats been retired for over 15 years to a guy playing in his 3rd year? As if the word WAS is similar in any way?

Anthony!

Reaction score
LymonHawk":2q4nz7sb said:

Okay except he has not played in years we are talking about a guy who is playing and in only his 3rd year what he did the first 2 is very relevant. To be honest it was s stupid statement and is not relevant at all.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Cartire":30bjeycf said:
LymonHawk":30bjeycf said:

Hold on dude. Are you trying to compare a guy thats been retired for over 15 years to a guy playing in his 3rd year? As if the word WAS is similar in any way?

Nope. Looks like you missed the point too...which is...Just because you used to be good, doesn't mean you still are today.

(Does that make more sense?)

Anthony!

Reaction score
LymonHawk":b19tjagp said:
Cartire":b19tjagp said:
LymonHawk":b19tjagp said:

Nope. Looks like you missed the point too...which is...Just because you used to be good, doesn't mean you still are today.

Yeah however again not relevant here at all and again a stupid comment. I mean if you want to assume every t9ime a QB has a 3 game slump they suck or are not good any more then fine the only problem is you would have to say every QB in the league including Brady, Manning, Rodgers suck. Like I said stupid comment.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":2wudnod1 said:
LymonHawk":2wudnod1 said:
Cartire":2wudnod1 said:
LymonHawk":2wudnod1 said:

Yeah however again not relevant here at all and again a stupid comment. I mean if you want to assume every t9ime a QB has a 3 game slump they suck or are not good any more then fine the only problem is you would have to say every QB in the league including Brady, Manning, Rodgers suck. Like I said stupid comment.

No it's not a stupid comment. Maybe in your opinion it is, but not to me. For the last three games RW has looked less than great...of course not to you though.

But then again, I'm not the one who wants to have RW's love child. 8)

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Sorry Lymon, that was a transparent and not very good attempt at trolling those guys. Why are you trolling the main forum, anyway? It does nothing good for the community at large, and if it amuses you then you should get a new hobby.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1h6u72co said:
Sorry Lymon, that was a transparent and not very good attempt at trolling those guys. Why are you trolling the main forum, anyway? It does nothing good for the community at large, and if it amuses you then you should get a new hobby.

Well, thanks for the advice.

So you now decide what is good for the community at large? You believe blind adulation is the way to go? No free thinking; just go with the crowd?

When did Mark sell .Net to you? Hope he made a profit!

Exittium

Reaction score
Hmm.. I rarely hop on here now because it seems stuff has just been going down hill around here. Trolls or smartassed responses seem to have become the norm now. And what's worse is alot of these"troll" responses, not just in this thread but others as well, seem to get personal at times and it just continues. Mods seem to let a lot more slide now then they did last yr. Since I've signed up here I've enjoyed coming here and reading threads, but now I almost try not to due to a few bad apples that just ruin it for me. Have fun all, I'm done here until stuff gets turned around or cleaned up.

Atradees

Reaction score
Passing problems caused by protection problems. We miss Miller.

Run, run, run.........throw short to RB.

(forums are always emotionally charged with guys tryin to get a rep or oneover. that will never change...)

We basically run the wishbone with 3 RB. It sucks to have no air game. New Olineman needed.(5 of them)

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Dude just ain't got it . When he acualy throws the dam ball it's too high or in the dirt wtf is wrong with this guy.

SeaChase

Reaction score
hawkfannj":1hh98ck1 said:
Dude just ain't got it . When he acualy throws the dam ball it's too high or in the dirt wtf is wrong with this guy.

I'd say he's looked rather decent so far.

Latest posts