Russell Wilson: passing problems

canfan

Reaction score
Jacknut16":135p48jp said:
TCHawkfan":135p48jp said:
While it is a fact that RW has only won 1 SB (in 2 seasons), he did win a SB with his abilities and style of play. Peyton the Great has led the universe in passing for eternity and has won 1 SB... Cut the kid some slack :roll:

Peyton manning never had anything close to the 2013 hawks defense

And RW never had anything like the receivers Peyton has had to work with. What's your point?

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1uncqm5q said:
lobohawk":1uncqm5q said:
Could also throw in the fact that the Return-On-Investment for Wilson has been better than any QB in the league. That is unless you truly believe most any other QB could have done what he's done over his first few years and would at such a cheap price. His relatively paltry pay has been far below his actual contribution. Of course it's doubtful that any future contracts will take that into account, as teams always have to be forward thinking and not provide thank you gifts.

Very true, but Wilson is going to be criticized much more next year when he's making 15-20M a year.

Look at the abuse guys like Romo, Cutler, Stafford, Flacco, and even Brady take when they have a bad week. Fans won't be so quick to defend Russell because big money = big expectations.

QBs get the most attention, credit, endorsements, when their team is doing well; they should also take the most heat when the team is not doing well.

IMHO: How much a player makes should never come into the equation of how well he is playing. (This is real football, not fantasy!)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LymonHawk":tr568cpn said:
IMHO: How much a player makes should never come into the equation of how well he is playing. (This is real football, not fantasy!)

Fantasy would be fans, coaches, GM's and owners NOT taking into account salary when determining a player's worth and productivity.

It's why most players get cut or traded in the NFL, their productivity no longer warrants their salary. So to say how much a player makes should never come into the equation of how well he's playing? It's not only part of the equation, it's the MAIN part of the equation.

Cartire

Reaction score
LymonHawk":1g7s8ffn said:
QBs get the most attention, credit, endorsements, when their team is doing well; they should also take the most heat when the team is not doing well.

By this logic, since we've been winning, why is RW still getting heat?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's obvious that some people have just decided they don't like Wilson, period. Doesn't matter that he's a Super Bowl Winning QB, who gets the job done in the clutch. Shoot, he could lead them to victory this Sunday and some people would whine and moan because he didn't throw 8 TD's :roll:

Anthony!

Reaction score
LymonHawk":1mke6fcs said:
Anthony!":1mke6fcs said:
SeaChase":1mke6fcs said:
I like how Anthony! posted they exact same reply in both Wilson topics and "your facts" were picked apart in both regarding the O-line and WR's.

So it's seems there's what some call trolls on both sides of the equation but pointing out the flaws some how means that I'm a horrible person looking to get an ego boost from going against the grain lol. It's a sad world if someone can get an ego boost from an internet forum...

I do admit I like a good debate but some people revert to cognitive dissonance and become the equivalent of their 3rd grade self with personal attacks and stereo typical mindsets.

wrong as usual some tried to pick my facts apart, but then I and others proved their attempts were wrong. So nice try again. The FACTS show Wilson has les talent around him then other top QBs period.

Wilson is a 'top' QB? Is that another of your FACTS?

Well up to 3 week ago he was playing like a top QB and his first 2 years are record setting so yes the facts show he has been playing like a top QB up until 3 weeks ago.

OP
OP
tom sawyer

tom sawyer

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":25wpch19 said:
It's obvious that some people have just decided they don't like Wilson, period. Doesn't matter that he's a Super Bowl Winning QB, who gets the job done in the clutch. Shoot, he could lead them to victory this Sunday and some people would whine and moan because he didn't throw 8 TD's :roll:

Personallly I won't moan unless he doesn't throw 7 TD's, 8's stretching things a bit. :mrgreen:

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":12m9x7yi said:
LymonHawk":12m9x7yi said:
Anthony!":12m9x7yi said:
SeaChase":12m9x7yi said:
I like how Anthony! posted they exact same reply in both Wilson topics and "your facts" were picked apart in both regarding the O-line and WR's.

So it's seems there's what some call trolls on both sides of the equation but pointing out the flaws some how means that I'm a horrible person looking to get an ego boost from going against the grain lol. It's a sad world if someone can get an ego boost from an internet forum...

I do admit I like a good debate but some people revert to cognitive dissonance and become the equivalent of their 3rd grade self with personal attacks and stereo typical mindsets.

wrong as usual some tried to pick my facts apart, but then I and others proved their attempts were wrong. So nice try again. The FACTS show Wilson has les talent around him then other top QBs period.

Wilson is a 'top' QB? Is that another of your FACTS?

Well up to 3 week ago he was playing like a top QB and his first 2 years are record setting so yes the facts show he has been playing like a top QB up until 3 weeks ago.

Up until three weeks ago? LOL!

BTW: His records for the first 2 years having absolutely nothing to do with how he's playing now.

Anthony!

Reaction score
LymonHawk":3pwhsp6q said:
Up until three weeks ago? LOL!

BTW: His records for the first 2 years having absolutely nothing to do with how he's playing now.

Actually sure they do if you are playing like a top QB for 2+ years and then have a bad 3 game stretch you do not all of sudden become a non top QB. It shows the 3 games are not the norm but the great play is. So yeah they do matter.

sc85sis

Reaction score
For me, the primary takeaway in this thread is that some people have to be "right" and therefore the people they disagree with must be "wrong."

Regarding Russell, yes, he's struggling a bit right now. Yes, it will be a concern if that continues. No, it doesn't mean he sucks.

YMMV

Jacknut16

Reaction score
sc85sis":y7h5g1xk said:
For me, the primary takeaway in this thread is that some people have to be "right" and therefore the people they disagree with must be "wrong."

Regarding Russell, yes, he's struggling a bit right now. Yes, it will be a concern if that continues. No, it doesn't mean he sucks.

YMMV

Has one person here said Wilson sucks?

Nothing like a good strawman argument I tell ya.

Anthony!

Reaction score
sc85sis":1hajzc6k said:

YMMV

Exactly does not mean he sucks, if it did then all QBS suck because they all have gone through it. interestingly a certain jacknut is doing the same crap on another board and has since Wilson was drafted. He is being hit with the same facts and stats showing he is wrong there, but still only knows his agenda to have been right about how we should not have taken Wilson in the first place.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Jacknut16":bz96x8y4 said:
sc85sis":bz96x8y4 said:

YMMV

Not me. I've never said he sucks. I've only pointed out that he is a human bean like most of us here. He's our QB and I want him to do well, obviously. I also root for him as I do for all 'Hawks.

What I do have a problem with is the blind adulation some on this board have for RW. It's always someone else's fault if RW doesn't have a good game, makes bad throws, makes bad decisions, etc.

Plus, they are soooo easy to bait. :mrgreen:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LymonHawk":2lzrwff4 said:
What I do have a problem with is the blind adulation some on this board have for RW. It's always someone else's fault if RW doesn't have a good game, makes bad throws, makes bad decisions, etc.:

I'm here a lot, and Russell has taken his fare share of criticism from day #1.........nowhere near Bevell or Cable levels, but still a lot.

Now Pete and John? Definitely a lot of blind adulation. Which is funny, because of all the players and things people criticize, it all started with Pete and John drafting, hiring or implementing.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
LymonHawk":2fi37zd5 said:
Jacknut16":2fi37zd5 said:
sc85sis":2fi37zd5 said:

YMMV

Not me. I've never said he sucks. I've only pointed out that he is a human bean like most of us here. He's our QB and I want him to do well, obviously. I also root for him as I do for all 'Hawks.

What I do have a problem with is the blind adulation some on this board have for RW. It's always someone else's fault if RW doesn't have a good game, makes bad throws, makes bad decisions, etc.

Human bean? :)

edogg23

Reaction score
I have always heard that Russell was a Robot, but this is the first time I am hearing he is part fruit!

LymonHawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2djo8dk8 said:
LymonHawk":2djo8dk8 said:
Jacknut16":2djo8dk8 said:
sc85sis":2djo8dk8 said:

YMMV

Human bean? :)

It's called a 'play on words.' Sheesh! (Actually, old friend from Mendocino, Bobby Markels, wrote a short book on 'How to be a Human Bean.' Google it.

Latest posts