Russell Wilson

sturg78

Reaction score
Carolina had the perfect line to hassle Wilson. Ends that rushed up field and bracketed the edges and solid DTs that pressured him in the middle. Putting up those stats despite that is impressive!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":256rs5zk said:
Guys, I think we have an elite/future-elite QB here.

Where have you been? :stirthepot:

mrblitz

Reaction score
on that play to baldwin on the sideline; it looked like 2 guys were in russell's face; one on each side. so, he just hucks it and baldwin makes the circus grab. and i'm like, 'only russ can do that'.

i mean it almost looked designed, but i was like 'how could that be designed?'

then on the one to kearse... they were like, 'well williams didn't work out, so let's go to another guy'.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Aros":3neaqve9 said:
Smelly McUgly":3neaqve9 said:
Guys, I think we have an elite/future-elite QB here.

Where have you been? :stirthepot:

Look, I love both these guys I'm about to mention, but I root for a franchise where the debate used to be whether Dave Krieg or Matt Hasselbeck was the best QB for the franchise of all-time. I'm still getting used to seeing an elite QB in a Seahawks jersey. ;)

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Aros":1v1x8oq1 said:
I'm sure nobody will be more critical of Russell's performance today than Russell himself. How many former Seahawks QBs of years past lose that game? No matter what happens to the kid, he just stays the course, and then when the 4th quarter arrives, step aside and enjoy the magic.

This game was a trademark Seahawks loss on the road.

Then Wilson took over.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
HawkFan72":gij8ds5n said:
Aros":gij8ds5n said:
I'm sure nobody will be more critical of Russell's performance today than Russell himself. How many former Seahawks QBs of years past lose that game? No matter what happens to the kid, he just stays the course, and then when the 4th quarter arrives, step aside and enjoy the magic.

Then Wilson took over.

Indeed, it was practically gift-wrapped for Carolina. Just a huge win for this franchise. I'm telling you, wins like this in these situations a damn rare.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Reaneypark":39swyfe9 said:
HawkFan72":39swyfe9 said:
Aros":39swyfe9 said:

Then Wilson took over.

Indeed, it was practically gift-wrapped for Carolina. Just a huge win for this franchise. I'm telling you, wins like this in these situations a damn rare.

I looked it up and we hadn't won our road opener since 2007. Six frigging years.

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
Mmmm...
I'll just say he's better than this. Could care less about the stats.

We eeked a win, and a win is a win...but he and this team have lots to work on.
* I do believe if anyone can quickly adapt and fix things it's RW though.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
hawkfan1975":51c6pyur said:
Mmmm...
I'll just say he's better than this. Could care less about the stats.

We eeked a win, and a win is a win...but he and this team have lots to work on.
* I do believe if anyone can quickly adapt and fix things it's RW though.

Well, it wasn't his best game by any means, but he did just what we needed to win. Ahh, so THIS is what resilience looks like.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2lne2f9w said:
Most impressive to me was how he just shook off a crucial drop by Williams and completed the exact same throw on the very next play. Many QBs of Seattle's past would have immediately withered in that spot.
I did indeed love the play, but also loved Bevell for calling it again.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3cv7d9lb said:

Then Wilson took over.
YUP. He has a knack for doing things like that.

Tumblr mstsrbK7nd1r077wko1 500
"No mortal man can kill him, except Russell Wilson."

hawker84

Reaction score
So much for the ole stop seattle's running game and make RW beat you theory.. He clearly has the skill set to take over a game if necessary.

pehawk

Reaction score
Without a DOUBT it was Wilson's WORST game, mentally, as a pro. Not even close. Grounding, passing up an easy run for a 1st down, bad sacks. Mentally, it was the worst we've seen.

Good news? Probably wont happen again.

hawk45

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":25d31oka said:
DavidSeven":25d31oka said:
Most impressive to me was how he just shook off a crucial drop by Williams and completed the exact same throw on the very next play. Many QBs of Seattle's past would have immediately withered in that spot.
I did indeed love the play, but also loved Bevell for calling it again.

Big stones shown by Bevell, because he gets crucified if the drive stalls right there because he lobbed it deep 2x.

As far as RW goes, for a robot it's just like pressing a button twice, exact same perfect placement.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
We knew this game would be close and sloppy. We knew it would be an ugly game.

If you're surprised that it was, then you haven't been paying attention.

This team will get better. This was just a game where they were going to look bad. Too many factors against them.

The thing that matters is that they won.

pocketprotector

Reaction score
pehawk":3amgz4m5 said:
Without a DOUBT it was Wilson's WORST game, mentally, as a pro. Not even close. Grounding, passing up an easy run for a 1st down, bad sacks. Mentally, it was the worst we've seen.

75% completion percentage
9+ yards per attempt
No interceptions
No help from the running game
Constant pressure in his face

Do you know anything about football?

pehawk

Reaction score
pocketprotector":j7daneas said:
pehawk":j7daneas said:

75% completion percentage
9+ yards per attempt
No interceptions
No help from the running game
Constant pressure in his face

Do you know anything about football?

No, actually I don't.

He took two BAD sacks. The grounding was a BAD play. He had a sure-fire 1st down on a run, but he hesitated and got caught behind the first down mark.

He doesn't usually make those types of MENTAL mistakes. He just doesn't. Especially grounding or the run for the first when it's open.

I think you missed the point of my post...or I'll sit on your lap and you can explain the game to me, in a throaty whisper, an inch from my ear. That'd be great because afterwards I'd know the game and you're neck would smell of whiskey and be textured of whiskers.

pocketprotector

Reaction score
Three bad plays. That is your definition of a bad game. And you say this probably won't happen again. Right... Wilson will never have a game where he has three plays as bad as the two sacks and the grounding...

Get a clue