Russell Wilson

pehawk

Reaction score
Flynn would've won that game by 10+, period.

Just because you accept mediocrity doesn't mean I will.

pehawk

Reaction score
Anyways..

4 GLARING mental errors is a bad "mental" game for Wilson (forgot the fumble). Hell, one mental error is a bad game for Wilson.

It wont happen again, for a long time. It was an outlier. That was the point, our new poster missed. I do hope he lets me sit on his lap though.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
You're a sick man Pea. Sick! In more relevant news methinks the Lambs aren't going 4-1-1 in division. Cardinals up by 10-11. Amazing how good Fitz can be when teamed with a decent quarterback.

pehawk

Reaction score
Yeah, someone's been telling knuckleheads that the Cards will be 3rd place in the west.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":3hyzs1pv said:
Yeah, he made some odd choices today, but still came out on top. Not much running game to speak of.

If this is one of his bad games, I'm certainly looking forward to a good one.

This is my silver lining. I thought he looked a bit rusty today. Couple of balls that were defensed could've (and should've) been thrown to the other shoulder. He took off running one play and got caught 2 yards over the LOS looking like he still wanted to throw the ball and was just jogging. If he takes off, he gets that first down.

He's also still holding the ball too long, but he didn't throw any picks. Thing about Wilson is that he'll look at tape and probably be his biggest critic.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Russell was pretty good today, lets just hope the offensive line steps up for him next week so he isn't running for his life on almost every pass play.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2wx3hyza said:
pehawk":2wx3hyza said:
Yeah, someone's been telling knuckleheads that the Cards will be 3rd place in the west.
Unfortunately, you and KCHawkgirl got ahead of yourselves......Lambs 27, Cards 24.
I firgot the Cards are the Buffalo Bills West, excuse me for my optimism..

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":2x3c84wf said:
hawksfansinceday1":2x3c84wf said:
pehawk":2x3c84wf said:
Unfortunately, you and KCHawkgirl got ahead of yourselves......Lambs 27, Cards 24.
I firgot the Cards are the Buffalo Bills West, excuse me for my optimism..
"Buffalo Bills West"......great analogy. Only Kurt Warner was able to make it different down there.

Throwdown

Reaction score
It's crazy, how he can look less than stellar, and still have a monster game. We won because of him, and Earl Thomas + Sherm...

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
RW is amazing. He looked good in the clock-killing drive. Definitely showed he's a top QB in this league.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
What popped out at me as pretty telling was how the TD pass was accomplished.
Yes, Kearse gets props for switching to a go route based on how he was covered; HOWEVER, our QB, who was pressured and harranged all day, calmly went to his second read and makes a great pass despite something similar not working out on the previous play. What's not to like about that? MONEY!

themunn

Reaction score
9 QBs posted a 100+ passer rating yesterday.
Only 3 were on the road, Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers & (bizarrely) Eli Manning.
Of those 3, only Wilson actually won his game. What more do you need to know?

I'm not even gonna bother quoting ESPN's nonsense QBR since it has Cam Newton ahead of Wilson for yesterday. Say what you want about passer rating, but at least it's transparent.

Now, considering Wilson was an 83.1 passer on the road last year and a 123.6 passer at home...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
??? You gotta' be kidding me. 320 yards, after he was getting Mauled all day??? He had a great game. Sorry, but anyone who doesn't see how well Wilson played is on crack. :roll:

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Man. I love Wilson. But everyone here taking the chance to take a dump on what Hasselbeck did for this team and franchise should probably re-evaluate their 12th man membership.

Don't let a few years of having a horrible team around him taint the fact (Fact) that Matt did things for this franchise that no other QB did.

Matt never had a defense like this, for starters, so he wouldn't have had to overcome only seven points.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
The scary thing about all of this is the realization of just how good this team can be if all cylinders are firing! Yesterday while both lines struggled to do their respective jobs Wilson took the game by the scruff of the neck and humped it into submission! I am certain that we will get the running game in order as well as the Oline and Dline issues, all persons healthy etc. When that happens... Aye Carumba! I will be there, with no voice left and a permagrin the size of that new canyon in Greenland! I can't hardly wait. :snack:

Go Hawks!