Russell Wilson

BadgerVid

Reaction score
Panthers defense shut down Lynch and manhandled the offensive line.

Wilson stepped up and took the team on his shoulders...he and the receivers were the only part of the offense working...and they won the game.

This game shows what we can expect on a BAD day.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
For those pinning the sack-fumble on Wilson as a result of holding the ball too long, I just watched the game again and he was hit 2.9 seconds after the ball started moving on the snap. Breno just flat out got beat.

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
On espn.com they have the top 10 Total QBR for week 1 and Russell Wilson is #10. I find it interesting that Cam Newton is at # 8. It was the worst game he has had in his career. Wilson went for over 300, his QBR should take that into consideration.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
QBR is subjective nonsense. Don't they grade turnovers depending on what the other team does with it? What does that have to do with the QB?

Wilson is just a joy to watch. Honestly, he bails out that run blocking oline far more than he costs them.

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
Ya I agree, I'm a big Wilson fan. That pass he made to Baldwin on the sideline before he got hit was amazing. He is the only qb I think in the league who can make a pass like that work. Those are the clutch factor, intangibles that are so rare to find

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
FreshlySnipes":riodull2 said:
Ya I agree, I'm a big Wilson fan. That pass he made to Baldwin on the sideline before he got hit was amazing. He is the only qb I think in the league who can make a pass like that work. Those are the clutch factor, intangibles that are so rare to find

Rodgers might have something to say about that.

[youtube]Y45cMZU8QWU[/youtube]

I mean, seriously...look at the down and distance at 0:07. :D 88 yards through the air, on the money...

Seriously though, the Wilson throwcombined Rodgers ability to throw on the run, with that Rapist QB's ability to get the throw away while getting smoked. A fantastic play in week one.