• $35-$39

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • $40M+

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters

Fade

Reaction score
IndyHawk":19ndmhpx said:
I notice how you like to say BUT the cap will be higher later.
So?All positions will be higher as well leading to no real savings
and your still getting hammered by massive contracts that will
hurt no matter how you try to spin it to feel good.

The only way he is accounting for 17% of the cap in the next 3 years under a new deal is if the salary cap doesn't go up.

We all know it is. So I have no idea what you're arguing.

Tical21

Reaction score
He will be over 17% for at least half his deal, if not the whole thing.

chris98251

Reaction score
Fade":3pod8woa said:
IndyHawk":3pod8woa said:
I notice how you like to say BUT the cap will be higher later.
So?All positions will be higher as well leading to no real savings
and your still getting hammered by massive contracts that will
hurt no matter how you try to spin it to feel good.

The only way he is accounting for 17% of the cap in the next 3 years under a new deal is if the salary cap doesn't go up.

We all know it is. So I have no idea what you're arguing.

Well since you won't make a guess at it as the thread asks you have no argument in this thread, easy to say everyone or someone is wrong when you won't stick your neck out and make one yourself.

If his salary stays at 17 percent of the cap then it will go up with the cap every year also.

Fade

Reaction score
Tical21":1rtx52m9 said:

chris98251":1rtx52m9 said:
Well since you won't make a guess at it as the thread asks you have no argument in this thread, easy to say everyone or someone is wrong when you won't stick your neck out and make one yourself.

If his salary stays at 17 percent of the cap then it will go up with the cap every year also.

I don't have to. Look at Aaron Rodgers contract. Wilson's will be similar, just with a couple million more on top.

Aaron Rodgers isn't 17% this year, or next year. 2021 it depends on where the salary cap is at.

34M APY for Rodgers, but his cap number is lower than that, just like what Wilson's will be. Year 3 would be the only chance of it happening (17%).

What I've highlighted chris is unprecedented and never happened before in the salary cap era. Not happening either.
The players get a flat payout/salary, not a % of the cap.

chris98251

Reaction score
Fade":32qloe3r said:
Tical21":32qloe3r said:

chris98251":32qloe3r said:

I don't have to. Look at Aaron Rodgers contract. Wilson's will be similar, just with a couple million more on top.

Aaron Rodgers isn't 17% this year, or next year. 2021 it depends on where the salary cap is at.

34M APY for Rodgers, but his cap number is lower than that, just like what Wilson's will be. Year 3 would be the only chance of it happening (17%).

What I've highlighted chris is unprecedented and never happened before in the salary cap era. Not happening either.
The players get a flat payout/salary, not a % of the cap.

Many are saying that Rodgers Contract is a bad precedent though.