S. Griffin questions....

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
He had a rough game yesterday but against Jones etc that could be expected.

The missed tackles and not wrapping up at points was probably the most concerning part.

RCATES

Reaction score
pmedic920":2oc70y8o said:
I’m a fan, love the story of the brothers.

IMHO, Griffin did not meet expectations today, he’s now a veteran on a good backfield squad.

Was it rust, jitters, bad play, or “other”?

Outside of Adams the whole secondary was garbage.
Quinton Dunbar was the lowest grade at 40.6 (35.6 in coverage). Marquise Blair was second-worst at 44.9 (40.6 in coverage). Shaquill Griffin third-worst 52.1 (49.7). Quandre fourth-worst 53.8 (52.3). Tre fifth-worst 54.7 (53.5).

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Adams missed a few tackles yesterday too, but no one is even mentioning those. Who on our team DIDN'T miss a few tackles yesterday? Every member of our secondary did on multiple occasions. But they covered for each other and overall did a good job. The big exception was that late Falcon TD where Adams obliterated Griff leaving Julio on his lonesome in the end zone. Julio is Julio because he burns every secondary in the league. That Falcon crew is not a good example from which to take a critical view of any of our guys. They WON with margin for error.

vigilantgrrl

Reaction score
The problem is the kind of money he would want in an extension. I could go along with the suggestion of 7-9 million a year....but he is not worth more than that. We need to break open the bank for an impact player like Adams. We also need to see how Dunbar works out. It might come down to Dunbar vs. Griffen for the extension. I would like to see if Flowers takes a step up this year. I have not given up on him. As far as Shaquem, I am fine with him on the practice squad this year.....but if Shaquill is going to get extended he needs to know that we will probably move on from Shaquem.

chris98251

Reaction score
sammyc521":2mhupogj said:
chris98251":2mhupogj said:
So you have Diggs, Dunbar, Adams, Griffin all in your secondary, Wilson as you QB and Carson coming up on a Contract as well. How much did Ramsey as a #1 sign for ? If you get Griffin on a reasonable deal you do it. Pete isn't going to be here forever and soon the flow of DB's will come from someone else's evaluation.

You won't get a Veteran Cheaper then him most likely and unless you can evaluate guys like this F.O. you need a high pick to burn on one.
2021 FAs
Dunbar
Griffin
Carson
Ford
Wright

2022 FAs
Adams
Dickson
Flowers
Reed
Diggs
Dissly
Lockett
Brown

Wilson's not up for FA until 2024; Metcalf & Wag's an FA in 2023.

I said Wilson is your QB and didn't expand on it but your paying his salary affecting the rest of who you sign.

keasley45

Reaction score
vigilantgrrl":23oj2m09 said:
The problem is the kind of money he would want in an extension. I could go along with the suggestion of 7-9 million a year....but he is not worth more than that. We need to break open the bank for an impact player like Adams. We also need to see how Dunbar works out. It might come down to Dunbar vs. Griffen for the extension. I would like to see if Flowers takes a step up this year. I have not given up on him. As far as Shaquem, I am fine with him on the practice squad this year.....but if Shaquill is going to get extended he needs to know that we will probably move on from Shaquem.

I think he is suffering a bit from being the 'best' of the 'bridge' guys in the void that was between the LOB defenses of old and what looks to be a return to respectability under Adams, Wagner, et al. He was the heralded understudy to Richard, had praise heaped on him and then 'developed' in year two as part of what i call the 'nice guy' , antithesis of what the LOB was, defense - Bobby, KJ, McDougald, Reed. All great players (Wagner obviously HOF) but all quiet, lead by example / build guys up behind the scenes. His two previous years were characterized by the fall of the LOB (ET 3 and Sherm were jaded), and this weird purgatory state the defense was in last year. Kid grew up in that. He doesnt have the aggressive, 'dog' mentality. And where Bobby and KJ can go about their business quietly and still destroy the opposition with their experience and skill, Griff i think took on the persona of the D's leadership over that period but without the killer instinct. It remains to be seen whether the old school 'Dog' aggression that Adams has re-instilled can take root in the young guy. he might just be more of a 'finesse' CB, that lacks the killer edge that typically characterizes PC defenses. he was the best of what we had. We will see if he can rise to what looks like a new bar.

And i disagree that he should get a pass because he was up against great wr's. He lacked aggression on a few occasions making tackles and just seemed to be a step wrong a few times. Just wasn't with it the entire time is what it seemed. And i dont even necessarily fault him for the bust on the TD.

If i were playing psychiatrist (and i'm not - dont even play one on tv) i would say he is still a little caught up in being the guy that replaced Richard Sherman and that that was his calling card because he was often a bright spot on an average at-best defense and woeful secondary. You can't live on image. He has the skill, but Ballers Ball.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
To me the story on this is somewhat exaggerated, ATL was playing catch-up ball and the the D bent but didn’t break.

Wow, I thought Griffin didn’t play badly at all and disagree with the negative spin. Dunbar on the other hand left a good deal to be desired but perhaps he’s just getting used to his new team. Thought Adams was amazingly good and Diggs Also had a good game and a late INT. Both Dunbar and Hill got beaten over their heads which is a big no no. Atlanta has darn good WRs and they were kept off the scoreboard until late in the game.

All in all they were not bad collectively when it counted.

Lots of time to fix the pass D. Lots of talent here to have this happen.

rcaido

Reaction score
The problem is that the Lambs reset the salary w Ramsey contract.

I think the seahawks will take either Dunbar or Griffin. whoever takes the lower salary.

I dont see us pay no more then 10 million. Magic number for the Seahawks is probably 8 million.