S.T.G. = Seahawks Trivia Game

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Maulbert":svj584s0 said:
Sheesh. It isn't that hard. Cortez Kennedy and Eugene Robinson. You want to provide a 'worthy' question? Be my guest.

Dude -- you don't get to SHEESH when you're the one who asked a video game question.

Easily corrected, though.

I'll throw in a softball.

Who was the highest Seahawk draft pick to be cut in his first training camp.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Name the two former Seahawks, both from Pasco High that share first and last names with very famous people. One is a famous actor and director the other a late famous music artist. Bonus points if you name the players' positions.

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":17d5n348 said:
Maulbert":17d5n348 said:
Sheesh. It isn't that hard. Cortez Kennedy and Eugene Robinson. You want to provide a 'worthy' question? Be my guest.

Dude -- you don't get to SHEESH when you're the one who asked a video game question.

Easily corrected, though.

I'll throw in a softball.

Who was the highest Seahawk draft pick to be cut in his first training camp.

I’m going with Owen Gill RB out of Iowa.
The Seahawk’s first pick that year (in’85?) in the second round.
Although I can’t recall if he was cut or traded in training camp…

Another question ahead of me.

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3718vr1e said:
Name the two former Seahawks, both from Pasco High that share first and last names with very famous people. One is a famous actor and director the other a late famous music artist. Bonus points if you name the players' positions.

I’ll confess I googled this one (not being a Pasco grad), But I remember both fondly.

Ron Howard our first TE, who held the team record for most reception in a season (for TE’s) for over twenty five years.

And Michael Jackson MLB whose number was given to Brian Bosworth when he couldn’t wear his college number of 44 in the NFL

Who broke Ron Howard's record in 2002?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
FidelisHawk":21ql6zb0 said:
hawksfansinceday1":21ql6zb0 said:

I’ll confess I googled this one (not being a Pasco grad), But I remember both fondly.

Ron Howard our first TE, who held the team record for most reception in a season (for TE’s) for over twenty five years.

And Michael Jackson MLB whose number was given to Brian Bosworth when he couldn’t wear his college number of 44 in the NFL

I'm not a Pasco High grad either though I am from Eastern Washington (Spokane).

Even with Google I'll say congrats on answering correctly.

I'll pass on guessing the TE question til the other question gets answered.

Maulbert

Reaction score
FidelisHawk":ntzgx162 said:
hawksfansinceday1":ntzgx162 said:

Itula Mili. I remember that. John Carlson eventually broke Mili's record, and is the only TE in team history with a 50 reception season, doing it twice.

What was the first season a Seahawks QB posted a positive TD-to-Int ratio, who was it, and how many of each did he throw?

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
:les:
Maulbert":3igei9tw said:
What was the first season a Seahawks QB posted a positive TD-to-Int ratio, who was it, and how many of each did he throw?

What a cool question!!

I’m guessing Jimmy Zorn must have had a positive td/int ratio…
Perhaps in their first winning season in ’78
But, the numbers? Wow, my memory isn’t that good :les:

Sooo… a quick check of Jimmy’s numbers shows he did that only twice, in a career I recall being so stellar, which in hindsight statistically proves to be merely average at best, at least by today’s standards.

But, geeze they were fun to watch. The Hawks were barely better than anyone else in the NFL (except the Bucs) and every win was a reason to have a parade on the streets and by ’79 everybody in the NW was certain they were ready to break into the playoffs.
Alas, there was 1980, then Jimmy got hurt, and never returned as the same mobile QB he was before injury and they floundered for four years till the Knox era…

But I’m digressing…

Jim Zorn had two years with a positive TD/INT ratio…

The first in ’79, 20 to 18 (damn missed it by one year :) )
The second in ’81, 13 to 9
With a caveat for the ’83 season when he was 7 to 7

Jimmy finish his career throwing 30 more INTs than TDs (111 to 141) hardly stellar but, he’s still one of my all time favorite Seahawk QBs. Present company excluded, of course…

With all that my answer is a lot like Jimmy’s career, not that great.

Do I get a “C” for answering 1/3 of the question correctly and post another question or
A “D” and not post a question or
A “F” and get banned from the thread for goolging???

PS I’m sticking with Owen Gill till proven wrong….