S vs W......today.

kearly

Reaction score
HawkWow":udebs4fd said:
Did Sark set us up for this fall knowing he would likely be replacing his GF Kiffin down south?

Consider though... what if USC took back their offer? Then Sark would be screwed. Besides, it's not like he recruited these QBs right before he left, he recruited Miles and Lindquist three years ago.

Of course, if you want to spin this idea a little differently, I think you might stumble upon the truth. Whatever you think of him as a head coach, Sark is a pretty intelligent offensive mind. He's undoubtedly much smarter at football than anyone in this forum, and even a lot of forum members (including myself) saw the signs with Miles in his first few appearances in 2013.

After UW blew out Oregon State last year, I had a post up talking about how Miles was a disaster waiting to happen for UW, and a decent number of people agreed. I guarantee you that if ordinary fans like us could see the problems with Miles, Sark could too. I'm sure that privately he was far more alarmed than we were.

Then you had people like Danny O'neil calling for Sark's head during a year when UW won 9 games. I'm sure he knew full well what was around the corner with Miles and all those weapons on offense leaving. Couple that with people wanting him fired after he had gotten UW to their season in over a decade. Staying at UW would be suicidal.

So in a sense, I do think Miles suckitude played a significant role in Sark leaving when he did. I'm sure Sark would say he left because of opportunity, but there is definitely a sinking ship aspect to his departure as well.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
HawkWow":ygeve3d8 said:
I don't think that's all that far-fetched. The man is a proven liar and cheat. Why would sabotaging this program be out of character for him? Some will suggest Miles has been on the team for a couple years and Sark left only this year. To that I say Kiffin was on his way out of SC about the same time Miles came to U-Dub. Call me crazy, I don't care. I'm pissed.

There's a lot of things you can be called for this ... whatever the hell it is :roll:

The kid he coveted to take over for Price at UW is now at USC backing up Cody Kessler, FWIW.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kearly":3c5da8g8 said:
HawkWow":3c5da8g8 said:
Did Sark set us up for this fall knowing he would likely be replacing his GF Kiffin down south?

Consider though... what if USC took back their offer? Then Sark would be screwed. Besides, it's not like he recruited these QBs right before he left, he recruited Miles and Lindquist three years ago.

Of course, if you want to spin this idea a little differently, I think you might stumble upon the truth. Whatever you think of him as a head coach, Sark is a pretty intelligent offensive mind. He's undoubtedly much smarter at football than anyone in this forum, and even a lot of forum members (including myself) saw the signs with Miles in his first few appearances in 2013.

After UW blew out Oregon State last year, I had a post up talking about how Miles was a disaster waiting to happen for UW, and a decent number of people agreed. I guarantee you that if ordinary fans like us could see the problems with Miles, Sark could too. I'm sure that privately he was far more alarmed than we were.

Then you had people like Danny O'neil calling for Sark's head during a year when UW won 9 games. I'm sure he knew full well what was around the corner with Miles and all those weapons on offense leaving. Couple that with people wanting him fired after he had gotten UW to their season in over a decade. Staying at UW would be suicidal.

So in a sense, I do think Miles suckitude played a significant role in Sark leaving when he did. I'm sure Sark would say he left because of opportunity, but there is definitely a sinking ship aspect to his departure as well.

I know this is hard for a lot of Washington fans to understand.. but USC is an elite program, Washington is not. Any coach in the country, aside from apparently Chris Petersen who may or may not have been offered the USC job before Sark, would take the USC job with no NCAA sanctions over the Washington job.

There's no sinking ship aspect at all.. Sark owed UW nothing.. he took a team that went 0-12 to 7-9 wins every year. Not his fault that UW fans think they should be on the level of Oregon and USC (when they're not saddled with ridiculous NCAA sanctions)

Cyler Miles was also the #2 recruit in the COUNTRY at quarterback. Just like the NFL Draft.. sometimes those rankings aren't fully accurate. Again.. faulting Sark for that is hysterical. Bear in mind, Sark also coveted the hell out of Max Browne, a local kid, who picked USC over Washington.

This all coming from a die-hard SC fan that wasn't wild about the Sark hire to begin with.. btw.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3fsw6cge said:
kearly":3fsw6cge said:
HawkWow":3fsw6cge said:

I know this is hard for a lot of Washington fans to understand.. but USC is an elite program, Washington is not. Any coach in the country, aside from apparently Chris Petersen who may or may not have been offered the USC job before Sark, would take the USC job with no NCAA sanctions over the Washington job.

There's no sinking ship aspect at all.. Sark owed UW nothing.. he took a team that went 0-12 to 7-9 wins every year. Not his fault that UW fans think they should be on the level of Oregon and USC (when they're not saddled with ridiculous NCAA sanctions)

Cyler Miles was also the #2 recruit in the COUNTRY at quarterback. Just like the NFL Draft.. sometimes those rankings aren't fully accurate. Again.. faulting Sark for that is hysterical. Bear in mind, Sark also coveted the hell out of Max Browne, a local kid, who picked USC over Washington.

This all coming from a die-hard SC fan that wasn't wild about the Sark hire to begin with.. btw.

Must be Homer glasses, where the UW has not been a dominating force in football in recent years, USC other other than the Pete Carroll Era has not exactly been lighting anything up since John Robinson. UW had almost 4 decades of dominance in the sport, it is considered an elite school with elite program with now elite facilities.

mrblitz

Reaction score
huskies need to run a wishbone or something; get a ground attack going, because their air attack is basically grounded.

mrblitz

Reaction score
agreed that myles should be gone. the guy is horrible on the field, and he's been out and about, brawling with seahawks fans.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
chris98251":1motdue5 said:
Must be Homer glasses, where the UW has not been a dominating force in football in recent years, USC other other than the Pete Carroll Era has not exactly been lighting anything up since John Robinson. UW had almost 4 decades of dominance in the sport, it is considered an elite school with elite program with now elite facilities.

The only people who still believe this are UW alums and fans. They still don't see that their own hubris has been and continues to be their downfall.

On a different note, there was a ton of booing coming from the stands today. That is shameful behavior.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/percyallen/status/516681979152961537[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/A_Jude/status/516679900624076800[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/A_Jude/status/516679785557147649[/tweet]

:pukeface:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SeaTimesSports/status/516633554894073856[/tweet]

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
chris98251":2tv1izcw said:

:lol:

This is why it's hard to take Husky fans serious. The program is not elite. You're 6 years removed from hitting rock bottom. Chris Petersen is a great coach and in a few years it wouldn't surprise me if they are contenders for, at the least, conference championship berths.. but the program is not elite. Not yet anyway.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2ydtxr6f said:
chris98251":2ydtxr6f said:

This is why it's hard to take Husky fans serious. The program is not elite. You're 6 years removed from hitting rock bottom. Chris Petersen is a great coach and in a few years it wouldn't surprise me if they are contenders for, at the least, conference championship berths.. but the program is not elite. Not yet anyway.

Shared National Chmpionship, decades of dominance and winning. Down years sure. I guess the current group of EXPERT Fans figure if your not winning it all then your crap mentality keeps breeding thru the population.

Long term coach and recruiting will fix this, Sark was building something and lost his focus here while looking South. Thats fine, would rather have someone that values the culture up here anyway.

Were patient fans here, we have waited on the Sonics, Seahawks and Mariners.We can wait for the Huskies to rise again, it will be sooner then other fan bases like I am thinking.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I agree that UW has all the right things in place to have an elite football program. National Championship(s), history of success by winning the conference and a BCS level bowl at least once a decade...location, boosters, facilities, stadium, $$$ to spend on hiring good coaches.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
chris98251":sra4cal6 said:
Hasselbeck":sra4cal6 said:
chris98251":sra4cal6 said:

Shared National Chmpionship, decades of dominance and winning. Down years sure. I guess the current group of EXPERT Fans figure if your not winning it all then your crap mentality keeps breeding thru the population.

Long term coach and recruiting will fix this, Sark was building something and lost his focus here while looking South. Thats fine, would rather have someone that values the culture up here anyway.

Were patient fans here, we have waited on the Sonics, Seahawks and Mariners.We can wait for the Huskies to rise again, it will be sooner then other fan bases like I am thinking.

Decades of dominance is a bit overstated, in my opinion. The landscape has also changed, dramatically, from the Don James era of success.

And the firings of Lambright, Neuheisal, Gilbertson, and Willingham suggest that patience is not a virtue on Montlake.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":222pteis said:
chris98251":222pteis said:
Hasselbeck":222pteis said:
chris98251":222pteis said:

Decades of dominance is a bit overstated, in my opinion. The landscape has also changed, dramatically, from the Don James era of success.

And the firings of Lambright, Neuheisal, Gilbertson, and Willingham suggest that patience is not a virtue on Montlake.

Lambright got 5 years. Neu got 5 years. Gilbertson got 2 years and Willingham got 4 years, and considering their last seasons combined saw a total of 1 win, I don't see how their firings weren't justified.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
fenderbender123":11edaf4z said:
Lambright got 5 years. Neu got 5 years. Gilbertson got 2 years and Willingham got 4 years, and considering their last seasons combined saw a total of 1 win, I don't see how their firings weren't justified.

Not saying they weren't justified. I suppose it is how you define patience. Most wanted Gilby and Willingham gone after one year. Most wanted Sark gone after year 2 and 3.

Latest posts