Sabrina Ionescu scores record 37 points to break WNBA & NBA record

OP
OP
Z

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
The qualifiers negate the op. She did not break an nba record nor Would she be competitive with nba athletes.

Not really the point, but keep obsessing if you want to. I prefer to support women being successful in sports without conditions.

Last edited:

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Who tf cares?

Must be a sad existence when you’ve let the culture wars skew your views on anything. Instead of seeing a great performance in women’s basketball, you gotta go to this and we know what it’s about. You gotta get out and enjoy life some.

This isn’t “about” anything other than saying she beat nba records is technically incorrect.

OP
OP
Z

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
This isn’t “about” anything other than saying she beat nba records is technically incorrect.

She went 25/27 in an official 3 point competition which nobody else in the NBA or WNBA has ever done. She also just made 7 3s in a playoff win, which is the reason this thread was bumped, but you don't care about that because you don't support women's success in sports, apparently.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
She went 25/27 in an official 3 point competition which nobody else in the NBA or WNBA has ever done. She also just made 7 3s in a playoff win, which is the reason this thread was bumped, but you don't care about that because you don't support women's success in sports, apparently.
Yeah, I know. But unlike the title says, she didn’t break an NBA record. And she’s not literally on par with Steph Curry.

OP
OP
Z

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
And she’s not literally on par with Steph Curry.

So what? He's the greatest shooter of all time. If he's the benchmark of who we're allowed to praise for their athletic abilities then that's a very, very short list and we should probably just shut down the internet.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
So what? He's the greatest shooter of all time. If he's the benchmark of who we're allowed to praise for their athletic abilities then that's a very, very short list and we should probably just shut down the internet.

There is no way to compare males to females in sport. That is my entire point.

OP
OP
Z

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score

Ok but I don't care that you think that. This thread is celebrating Sabrina. Not sure why you can't just do that. She's really good at basketball.

knownone

Reaction score
Why not? Sabrina shot 45% from three this season compared to Steph's 43%. It's not a direct comparison for several reasons, but it's fair. I mean, they both play professional basketball.

Throwdown

Reaction score
No one said anything about Steph until the culture war goblins came in here and spread their misery 😂😩

Crizilla

Reaction score
Shooting a basketball with no defenders is literally the easiest thing in sports

getnasty

Reaction score

Baby girl came close! From the NBA regulation 3 point line. With the NBA regulation ball. Say what you want but you can't say she can't shoot.
Not sure what your trying to prove with these post? That she's a great shooter? That she's equal to SC? What are you trying to teach us here.

QWERTY

Reaction score
She can shoot.

But I don't know what the difference between WNBA basketball and NBA basketball. How easier is the ball?

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score

Baby girl came close! From the NBA regulation 3 point line. With the NBA regulation ball. Say what you want but you can't say she can't shoot.
Nice shooting, by why not a truly equal playing field?

The NBA 3-point line is 23 feet, 9 inches from the basket. The WNBA stripe is 22 feet, 1.75 inches away. Ionescu said she chose to compete from the farther distance "to just continue to push boundaries and equal the playing field." Ionescu used the slightly smaller WNBA ball instead of the NBA one Curry used.

In championing equity over equality you’re acknowledging a biological advantage. That in turn would argue a man playing in the WNBA would have a biological advantage over women. Extending the logic…a man competing against women in a sport with similar factors at play (size, strength, endurance, etc) has a biological advantage.

Clearly Zeb is arguing that men should not compete in women’s sports.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
They glamorizing the 3 point shot still?
i'll wait till it's regulated or taken out before I watch another basketball game.