Sabrina Ionescu scores record 37 points to break WNBA & NBA record

OP
OP
Z

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
She can shoot.

But I don't know what the difference between WNBA basketball and NBA basketball. How easier is the ball?

You know how you wear the size shoe that fits your foot? That's the difference. The ball is easier like a smaller shoe is easier.

OP
OP
Z

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Nice shooting, by why not a truly equal playing field?

The NBA 3-point line is 23 feet, 9 inches from the basket. The WNBA stripe is 22 feet, 1.75 inches away. Ionescu said she chose to compete from the farther distance "to just continue to push boundaries and equal the playing field." Ionescu used the slightly smaller WNBA ball instead of the NBA one Curry used.

In championing equity over equality you’re acknowledging a biological advantage. That in turn would argue a man playing in the WNBA would have a biological advantage over women. Extending the logic…a man competing against women in a sport with similar factors at play (size, strength, endurance, etc) has a biological advantage.

Clearly Zeb is arguing that men should not compete in women’s sports.

I'm not arguing anything. I'm celebrating a couple generationally talented athletes. Why the fact that one of them is female hurts so many dude's feelings is beyond me.

bigcc

Reaction score
I'm not arguing anything. I'm celebrating a couple generationally talented athletes. Why the fact that one of them is female hurts so many dude's feelings is beyond me.
Probably because she couldn't graze the bottom of the net with clip on nails from a running start

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
I’m fine with celebrating females, you’re the one who insists on doing so by creating a false equivalence with a male counterpart.

In the original title you claimed she broke an NBA record, and in the recent update you claimed she used the NBA ball. Neither is accurate.

Why not just say she’s the best in WNBA history? If that’s somehow not good enough, maybe you can talk her into competing on a level playing field. Who knows she might still be #2, but we will never know if ‘equity’ rules the day.

Boycie

Reaction score
I’m fine with celebrating females, you’re the one who insists on doing so by creating a false equivalence with a male counterpart.

In the original title you claimed she broke an NBA record, and in the recent update you claimed she used the NBA ball. Neither is accurate.

Why not just say she’s the best in WNBA history? If that’s somehow not good enough, maybe you can talk her into competing on a level playing field. Who knows she might still be #2, but we will never know if ‘equity’ rules the day.
Careful Blue! He's Antifa.

JGreen79

Reaction score
Nice shooting, by why not a truly equal playing field?

The NBA 3-point line is 23 feet, 9 inches from the basket. The WNBA stripe is 22 feet, 1.75 inches away. Ionescu said she chose to compete from the farther distance "to just continue to push boundaries and equal the playing field." Ionescu used the slightly smaller WNBA ball instead of the NBA one Curry used.

In championing equity over equality you’re acknowledging a biological advantage. That in turn would argue a man playing in the WNBA would have a biological advantage over women. Extending the logic…a man competing against women in a sport with similar factors at play (size, strength, endurance, etc) has a biological advantage.

Clearly Zeb is arguing that men should not compete in women’s sports.

She spent her career playing with the slightly small ball. Steph spent his career playing with the slightly larger ball. Steph would shoot just as poorly using the WNBA ball, as Sabrina would using the NBA ball.

If you wanted true equality they would have two rounds, one round each with each round using a different size ball. First round would have to be their 'natural' ball size. Total sum of points wins

QWERTY

Reaction score
She spent her career playing with the slightly small ball. Steph spent his career playing with the slightly larger ball. Steph would shoot just as poorly using the WNBA ball, as Sabrina would using the NBA ball.

If you wanted true equality they would have two rounds, one round each with each round using a different size ball. First round would have to be their 'natural' ball size. Total sum of points wins

In terms of Deflategate.

In the 22 games (including playoff games) prior to Deflategate, Brady was completing 63.3 percent of his passes for 248.7 yards per game, via a broadcast graphic from ESPN. He was averaging 7.01 yards per pass, and had 42 touchdowns and 12 interceptions. He also had 33 passes over 25 yards. That rings up to a passer rating of 95.6. You can’t beat that, right?

Well yes, Brady can, and he did. In the 22 games after Deflategate, Brady completed 65.3 percent of his passes with 305.2 yards per game with 51 touchdowns and 11 interceptions. He’s averaging 7.69 yards per attempt with 57 completions of 25 yards or more and a 102.8 passer rating.

If Steph had a shorter ball, it would be much easier for him.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score

Works fine for me, that’s the definition of an equal playing field.

JGreen79

Reaction score
In terms of Deflategate.

In the 22 games (including playoff games) prior to Deflategate, Brady was completing 63.3 percent of his passes for 248.7 yards per game, via a broadcast graphic from ESPN. He was averaging 7.01 yards per pass, and had 42 touchdowns and 12 interceptions. He also had 33 passes over 25 yards. That rings up to a passer rating of 95.6. You can’t beat that, right?

Well yes, Brady can, and he did. In the 22 games after Deflategate, Brady completed 65.3 percent of his passes with 305.2 yards per game with 51 touchdowns and 11 interceptions. He’s averaging 7.69 yards per attempt with 57 completions of 25 yards or more and a 102.8 passer rating.B

That doesn't make any sense at all. Throwing a football is nothing even remotely close to shooting a basketball.

Welshers2

Reaction score
In terms of Deflategate.

Well yes, Brady can, and he did. In the 22 games after Deflategate, Brady completed 65.3 percent of his passes with 305.2 yards per game with 51 touchdowns and 11 interceptions. He’s averaging 7.69 yards per attempt with 57 completions of 25 yards or more and a 102.8 passer rating.

As JGreen already said, this makes absolutely zero sense.