Saints @ Vikings

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Man, rooting against teams getting their first is mind-numbingly selfish. I don't even know what to say to that.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Smellyman":9sh86x7w said:
Thepeelsessions":9sh86x7w said:
I'll say it. To me, that was the single best, most impressive play that I have ever seen (literally seen). Yes, even better than the NFCCG. Minnesota was down to their final play, despite killing it all year, Keenum still has doubters, makes one hell of a throw, Diggs' awareness to stay ion his feet and in bounds. It was simply amazing. If the Hawks had been down to their final play, it would be different. I was literally stunned. I'm happy for Minnesota. Keenum, Diggs, Thielen, and Latavius are all guys you should root for. That offense if a bunch of misfits.

It was the single biggest blunder ever.

Disagree. NO was lucky to be in the position they were to win. Gave Minnesota 3 min left with two timeouts. Game was totally in the Vikings hands. Was the last play misfortunate for NO, yes.

However, that guy doesn't whiff on his hit, it would have most likely been a pass interference call. He was there way too early and took a bad angle. This is way overblown and reminds me of Tate against Green Bay.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":z52xoax9 said:
The most impressive play you've ever seen? Oh, come on. Hyperbole wins the day, apparently. :roll:
Obviously it doesn't. Everyone has their own taste. One last desperation play left, season literally on the line, everyone thinks it's over. The offensive line didn't fold, Keenum didn't fold. That's why, to me, it's the most impressive play.

Crizilla":z52xoax9 said:
i dont know how you put a defensive choke play ahead of the Beast Quake, but ok. It was definitely a memorable and shocking play but it's a blunder. You can't label blunders as the most impressive. C'mon man. Wasn't even the most impressive play in this current NFL season.

Come on man! The Beast Quake was a complete defensive choke all the way around! Yeah, is was insane and stunning, but that game still had time. Don't get me wrong, it was a hell of a play. Minnesota had 10 seconds left. From their own 39. Just think about that for a second. It's not like it was Rodgers, or Brady making that throw. Please, tell me what your play of the season is! I'm dying to know!

peppersjap

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":3shrvova said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/FieldGulls/status/952782050456584192[/tweet]
Sean Payton coached a horrible 4th quarter. His time management sucked and his challenges were not close. All the safety had to do was tackle him in bounds and the game is over. That being said, I feel terrible for the safety!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":192wdkjv said:
Obviously it doesn't. Everyone has their own taste. One last desperation play left, season literally on the line, everyone thinks it's over. The offensive line didn't fold, Keenum didn't fold. That's why, to me, it's the most impressive play.

This has nothing to do with taste. There has to be a lot of skill involved for a play to even have a chance at sniffing "greatest ever" territory. The defender just fell down and took out his own guy. The receiver had nobody touching him, he just made a catch and ran to the end zone. Not even a juke or defender had to be dodged.

This isn't within a million miles of "greatest ever" and it's not even DEBATABLE.

He may as well have been the only player on the field for all the skill it took for him to catch that ball and run to the end zone with it. Give me a break.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Safety totally mistimed his attack. He was there too fast. Hits the guy, pass interference. Should have totally backed off and made the tackle but that puts the Vikings in FG range. He was screwed either way.

chris98251

Reaction score
There is some credit to be given as well, Keenum getting the ball there, Diggs catching the ball and then having the wits to not run straight out of bounds initially and compose himself enough to realize that nobody was behind him and to score.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
In hindsight I think the guy thought Diggs would catch it and go out right where he dived.
A fluke play and it hurts for the Saints fans/players as they had the game won.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2f6zuwj2 said:
dopeboy206":2f6zuwj2 said:
Sports Hernia":2f6zuwj2 said:
Any Super Bowl that none of the “Legacy teams” are in is great in my book!
Sorry but I want all the teams that has 0 Superbowls to remain that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huh?

Why?
Common sense duh. So they don't catch up to us. Do u understand how insufferable eagles fans will be if they win one? Their fans are already bad enough to deal with right now so imagine if their team had 1 SB in their resume....Right now we have bragging rights over other fans whose team has 0. And as much as I hate them I rather New England win than any of the remaining teams. Lol

NINEster

Reaction score
Vikings summon vintage Carroll era Seahawk luck on that final play.

#DestinedToWinSBLII

Torc

Reaction score
Bobblehead":2wyzap3v said:
Diggs went straight up to high point the ball.. defender thought Diggs was falling, what it looked like to me, just a bad D all the way around.. .. then to block his own guy.. yikes.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe he thought his timing was off and he didn't want to give up a pass interference that would guarantee a shot at a field goal.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":3l8ysw30 said:
RolandDeschain":3l8ysw30 said:
The most impressive play you've ever seen? Oh, come on. Hyperbole wins the day, apparently. :roll:

Crizilla":3l8ysw30 said:
i dont know how you put a defensive choke play ahead of the Beast Quake, but ok. It was definitely a memorable and shocking play but it's a blunder. You can't label blunders as the most impressive. C'mon man. Wasn't even the most impressive play in this current NFL season.

Come on man! The Beast Quake was a complete defensive choke all the way around! Yeah, is was insane and stunning, but that game still had time. Don't get me wrong, it was a hell of a play. Minnesota had 10 seconds left. From their own 39. Just think about that for a second. It's not like it was Rodgers, or Brady making that throw. Please, tell me what your play of the season is! I'm dying to know!

It was just an out route that was designed for the reciever to catch and go out of bounds. Williams completely whiffed on the tackle so it became a TD pass. It's not that impressive. It really isn't. Incredibly unlikely, yes, but that's it. And idk about the most impressive play this season....I'd have to dig through a lot of tape. When NO converted that 4th down that was just as impressive of a play. Almost the same exact play design.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Simple out route?

Minnesota had 10 seconds left. No timeouts. 60 yards away from pay dirt and 30 yards for a comfortable fieldgoal. They had an unproven average arm Keenum at the helm who threw 1 INT already and 0 TDs. That play was a deep out with 2 receivers and 2 defenders in the same area. Not so simple when you reflect on it.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1ldpxezn said:
Thepeelsessions":1ldpxezn said:

This has nothing to do with taste. There has to be a lot of skill involved for a play to even have a chance at sniffing "greatest ever" territory. The defender just fell down and took out his own guy. The receiver had nobody touching him, he just made a catch and ran to the end zone. Not even a juke or defender had to be dodged.

This isn't within a million miles of "greatest ever" and it's not even DEBATABLE.

He may as well have been the only player on the field for all the skill it took for him to catch that ball and run to the end zone with it. Give me a break.
It absolutely is all about taste. One writer at Yahoo ranks it as the 3rd best of all time, behind the music City miracle and the immaculate reception. Another writer at ESPN ranks it as the 15th best of all time, behind plays like Tebow to Thomas and Flacco to Jones. Everyone will view it differently. And the Beast Quake isn't even on either of those lists. In Minnesota's case, Yahoo considers the circumstances of the play (time left on the clock, distance to the EZ, Keenum's throw, Diggs adjustment, etc). And it's the only play in NFL playoff history to end on a walk off TD on the final play of the game.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ya...g-game-winners-playoff-history-144505559.html

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":12rq03i7 said:
Thepeelsessions":12rq03i7 said:

IMO anytime you include the insane pressure and importance of a moment, it elevates the play into the lofty comparisons we're putting on the play.

For Diggs to highpoint the ball, come down, NOT go out of bounds out of fear, keep his balance with his off hand, stay in bounds and score? That's pretty damn amazing.

That's how I'll remember the play, the positive. I'd rather not pile on the DB, dude's being crucified right now.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2235opek said:

I agree. It's not even the greatest catch ever. That belongs to Odell Beckham Jr.

Latest posts