Saw Earl Thomas today/tonight.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
They are just people. I've met a lot of famous people over the years and they have always been nice and accomodating. Just don't suffocate them. Sat next to Ted Danson on a flight to New York a few years ago, he was pretty cool to chat up.

Just be real. A few camps ago I got to have undistracted time with John Schneider for about 5 mins, and it was awesome. I just talked to him like one football fan to another instead of drooling on him, and he was very receptive.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I tried to get a pic of me and Robert Picardo while the 40th anny Star Trek convention was going on. Camera would not work properly so it did not happen. Oh well. Great people there, all the actors, including Gene Roddenberrys widow...RIP.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
I've had some random run ins and the advice here is good. I was on a flight to Austin and saw Lynn Swann in first class. I looked him in the eye, gave him a nod of acknowledgement, he gave me a nod, and that was all I needed, personally. I'd think if I saw ET, I'd probably treat it the same way, unless I felt like giving him an LOB shout out. He'd be the only one in the room that would understand...

Kaiser

Reaction score
Throw a football in the air and then tip it towards him, see if he picks it off

falcongoggles

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3gpf5by2 said:
He played like a man possessed in the last NO game.

Tell him this:
"Hey ET, I don't want to bother you while you're out here, but I gotta tell you something": (look both ways like you're trying to be descreet) "We made up a drinking game at the beginning of the playoff game with the Saints". "Every time you made a hit on the ball-carrier, everybody has to take a drink. By the end of the game we were all so wasted, we had to call a taxi".

Then say... "Hey... safety first!". give him a fist bump, then roll.

Piece of cake.

If he was a girl, you could probably get his number with this. Genius.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Spiderdan":27k99dtw said:
Just ask him for some free safety advice.
Bogus... stealing my thunder... ;-)

Walk up to Earl and say, "Hey, aren't you the dude... uh... in those free safety advice videos? Those were hilarious!" and act like you have no idea he plays football, hand the nearest random person your camera, ask them to snap a picture of you and the star of those Free Safety Advice videos, for your Facebook. Ask him how he broke into acting, what his next video project is, etc.

Would be fun to see how he reacts... Obviously has to have a sense of humor to do those videos in the first place.

Latest posts