Schefter: All signs point to Eagles&Chip Kelly parting ways

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1ugmovz1 said:
hawksfansinceday1":1ugmovz1 said:
Maulbert":1ugmovz1 said:
And there it is.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/UncleChaps/status/669988185619853312[/tweet]
Is that really Schefter's Twitter account? If so, yeah no surprise he's gone after that stinkfest today.

Looks like a fake account.
Agree. That's why I added the part about Mort's account to my post.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
He just got embarrassed by Lovie Smith and curb-stomped by Jim Caldwell.

Barring an impressive turnaround, his next job will be in college.

jake206

Reaction score
As bad as he is a GM...(horrible) ... he's a genius of an offensive mind. Bevell is a genius in his own mind.

morgulon1

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":3dvvusc4 said:
I'd like to see him reunited with Mariotta and given one more chance. Give him 2 years max and then the NFL up tempo experiment can officially be ruled a failure or possible success with the right QB.

Give him all the time you want.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
With Texas, LSU, Miami and may Florida State (If Fisher goes to LSU) open, I think Kelly gets a load of cash to go back to college.

jake206

Reaction score
Maulbert":3mwdhnwx said:
jake206":3mwdhnwx said:
As bad as he is a GM...(horrible) ... he's a genius of an offensive mind. Bevell is a genius in his own mind.

So genius, he got a 3-and-out against us in under 30 second.

Its talent that matters. When you have garbage for talent, no scheme can save you. None. He traded away Foles, Desean Jackson, and Lesean McCoy.

If you're referring to that game (Eagles vs. Seahawks) last year, if they have a rematch with the Eagles original personnel. I'm not so certain the outcome would be the same, this year.

Maulbert

Reaction score
jake206":3q1rddza said:
Maulbert":3q1rddza said:
jake206":3q1rddza said:

So genius, he got a 3-and-out against us in under 30 second.

Its talent that matters. When you have garbage for talent, no scheme can save you. None. He traded away Foles, Desean Jackson, and Lesean McCoy.

If you're referring to that game (Eagles vs. Seahawks) last year, if they have a rematch with the original personnel. I'm not so certain the outcome would be the same.

McCoy and Maclin were both playing in that game.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I really don't think he's going back to college. If he doesn't get an nfl head coaching job I think he'd take an offensive coordinator job before a college head coaching job. I'd keep my eye in New England after McDaniels gets a head coaching job. Belicheck and Kelly are buds and have spent off seasons picking each others brains.

I'd like to see him get the head job in either Tennessee or Indianapolis.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Oh boy, did Chip get his ass kicked by Detroit today. Good for the Lions!! Kelly is such an over rated NFL coach. I know he was a winning coach in college and ya'll are from the PNW(I follow Big-10) but the dude should go back to college. JMO.
He's no Pete Carroll.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2i23ozj8 said:
I really don't think he's going back to college. If he doesn't get an nfl head coaching job I think he'd take an offensive coordinator job before a college head coaching job. I'd keep my eye in New England after McDaniels gets a head coaching job. Belicheck and Kelly are buds and have spent off seasons picking each others brains.

I doubt Kelly would accept less control. Being a college head coach gives him complete control over everything. At a place like USC or Texas, he could handpick his players.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3smgqg6y said:
JSeahawks":3smgqg6y said:

I doubt Kelly would accept less control. Being a college head coach gives him complete control over everything. At a place like USC or Texas, he could handpick his players.

I obviously don't know him personally but I know for a fact, through people who have real good connections at oregon, he hates dealing with boosters and the political part of being a college coach, USC and Texas would probably be 2 of the worst destinations possible for that. I've been wrong before, (once I think) but I'd be shocked if he ends up either of those places.

Of course, it's all predicated on someone in the nfl wanting to give him a job.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
JSeahawks":34w411vl said:
hawknation2015":34w411vl said:
JSeahawks":34w411vl said:

I obviously don't know him personally but I know for a fact, through people who have real good connections at oregon, he hates dealing with boosters and the political part of being a college coach, USC and Texas would probably be 2 of the worst destinations possible for that. I've been wrong before, (once I think) but I'd be shocked if he ends up either of those places.

Of course, Oregon boosters want to come up with excuses for why Kelly is no longer their coach. The thought of him returning to a different college program has to leave a bad taste in their mouths. After being chewed up and split out by the NFL, maybe he will see recruiting and dealing with boosters in a more favorable light. College athletes tend to look up to their coaches, while NFL players view their coaches as professional peers with many of them making more money than their coaches. Several NFL players did not appreciate Kelly's aloof approach. Several former star players have called him a racist because of that aloofness and disregard for the big egos who refuse to do things his way.

USC, Texas, and LSU are the three places that can afford to pay Kelly $7 million per year. Recruiting at USC would probably be the easiest, they already have the 2nd best recruited talent in the country (behind only Alabama per 247), and there isn't as much recruiting competition as there is in the SEC. After six years of pathetic coaching and lackluster development, presumably USC boosters would be more willing to put up with Kelly's aloofness in exchange for having a championship program again.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I do think he would kill it at any of those locations. Chip Kelly and Nick Saban going up against each other in the SEC would be pretty entertaining.

We'll see what happens.

jake206

Reaction score
His team quit on him. Its not because he got outschemed. One area that Carroll really excels at and that I admire about Carroll coached teams, is that even down by double digits Carroll coached teams don't quit.

Latest posts