Schefter: All signs point to Eagles&Chip Kelly parting ways

Rob12

Reaction score
Subzero717":h9r4aytt said:
Maulbert":h9r4aytt said:
JSeahawks":h9r4aytt said:
Sgt. Largent":h9r4aytt said:
IMO Kelly going anywhere but back to college would be a mistake.

A 51 year old football coach doesn't change his philosophy, and it's obvious his tempo speed offense doesn't translate to beating bigger faster well conditioned defenses.................and he proved this year he has no idea what he's doing as a GM making dumpster fire personnel decisions.

Kelly belongs in college, and that's OK, a lot of great college coaches couldn't hack it in the NFL. He'd be great for any program. But another NFL gig? Idk, seems futile to me.

He has a better winning percentage in the nfl then pete Carroll does.

Actually, he doesn't. Carroll is 88-66, a .571 winning percent. Kelly is 24-18, which is THE EXACT SAME .571 winning percentage. Go ahead, do the math. I'll wait.
Even if last week the statement were true, they are/were trending in opposite directions.

Kelly inherited a wealth of talent, won some games, threw away the talent to build "his own roster" and now sucks.

Carroll inherited crap and built his team from the ground up and success followed.

If I were Howie I'd be laughing and crying at the same time. Laughing because Chips made him look like a genius and crying because when he gets canned he's going to have a huge mess to clean up that will take years.

This. Stop judging pre USC PC in the NFL. It doesn't work. He's built a juggernaut here, disappointing 2015 season withstanding. And it may still turn into something. PC has done amazing things here.

Chip showed his chops this season. Retooled a good Philly team and turned them into garbage. I'm sorry, but I don't see how he is anything but a college coach. He had the decision making ability, he brought in his new players, and the results have been vomit inducing. I don't know what more proof we need that his style of play doesn't translate. They got spanked by the Lions today. And, spanked is a kind way of putting it.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
To think there was a good few who wanted that offense on the Hawks and praised it to high heaven.The NFL beats gimmick offense(s).They come and go bye bye over the years.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Rob12":3orfwsxs said:
Subzero717":3orfwsxs said:
Maulbert":3orfwsxs said:
JSeahawks":3orfwsxs said:
He has a better winning percentage in the nfl then pete Carroll does.

Actually, he doesn't. Carroll is 88-66, a .571 winning percent. Kelly is 24-18, which is THE EXACT SAME .571 winning percentage. Go ahead, do the math. I'll wait.
Even if last week the statement were true, they are/were trending in opposite directions.

Kelly inherited a wealth of talent, won some games, threw away the talent to build "his own roster" and now sucks.

Carroll inherited crap and built his team from the ground up and success followed.

If I were Howie I'd be laughing and crying at the same time. Laughing because Chips made him look like a genius and crying because when he gets canned he's going to have a huge mess to clean up that will take years.

This. Stop judging pre USC PC in the NFL. It doesn't work. He's built a juggernaut here, disappointing 2015 season withstanding. And it may still turn into something. PC has done amazing things here.

Chip showed his chops this season. Retooled a good Philly team and turned them into garbage. I'm sorry, but I don't see how he is anything but a college coach. He had the decision making ability, he brought in his new players, and the results have been vomit inducing. I don't know what more proof we need that his style of play doesn't translate. They got spanked by the Lions today. And, spanked is a kind way of putting it.

I was defending Pete. People forget that he had a winning record in the NFL before he came to Seattle (33-31) with 2 playoff appearances in 4 seasons and was shat on by the owner in both NY and NE. Sure, he won only six games his only season in New York, but Rich Kotite who replaced him only manage four wins in twice as much time. In New England, Robert Kraft was bitter after feuding with Parcells and tied Pete's hands so he couldn't pick his players. Take away those, and he's 55-35 in Seattle, with a stretch of 41-15 from mid-2011 to the end of last season. BTW, Anyone calling Kelly a better coach, let me know when he pulls off a mark like that. Plus 65 straight games we've had a lead, and 65 straight from Week 10 2011 through Week 1 this season without a 10 point loss, both best in NFL history. Chip Kelly isn't good enough to sniff Pete's farts.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":22jfb1fg said:
IMO Kelly going anywhere but back to college would be a mistake.

A 51 year old football coach doesn't change his philosophy, and it's obvious his tempo speed offense doesn't translate to beating bigger faster well conditioned defenses.................and he proved this year he has no idea what he's doing as a GM making dumpster fire personnel decisions.

Kelly belongs in college, and that's OK, a lot of great college coaches couldn't hack it in the NFL. He'd be great for any program. But another NFL gig? Idk, seems futile to me.
Exactly. The dumpster fire that is the Philadelphia Eagles is all his. He owns it.

Subzero717

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2u9odwcl said:
Subzero717":2u9odwcl said:
Why would Tennessee hire him at this point? It's an honest question. If they do offer him it's Ruston grasping at straws to buy time for himself.

Honestly, because Tennessee tends to make weird decisions. They hired Ken Whisenhunt. Kelly is basically a much more sophisticated version of Whisenhunt. The Mariota-Kelly marriage would generate some temporary enthusiasm. But I'm still not convinced that Kelly's philosophy, which forfeits time of possession and puts enormous strain on his defenses, can be sustained at this level. He should return to college football, IMO. I hate to admit it, but Kelly with USC's talent and recruiting brand would be unstoppable.
I don't get the Whisenhunt/Kelly comparison at all.

Latest posts