Schefter: Carroll also reaches deal

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
giphy.gif

sc85sis

Reaction score
HansGruber":1bfb9516 said:
I've never understood the LA Rams theory.

Carroll is from the Bay Area and has connections to NorCal, family there, etc. No real connection to LA outside of having coached at USC.

If Carroll goes back to cali, he'll be coaching the Raiders or Niners
I'm pretty sure Pete's daughter still lives in SoCal and I think Pete may also still own a house down here.

That said, I saw no reason for people assuming he was planning to jump ship if the Rams fired Jeff F. He came to Seattle because he got literally everything he wanted in an NFL job. Had that not been the case, Pete still might be at USC; since it IS the case, I think he'll ride this out as far as he can take it.

dogorama

Reaction score
I think Pete's still having lots of fun but I am guessing he'll retire at the end of this contract and enjoy his money while he still can. He's had a great rum and would make a great NFL color commentator, that would keep him close to the action w/o the associated pressure and long hrs.

I just want to thank him for all the excitement he's brought into my life.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
chris98251":3uq8g4me said:
New story about his contract.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...snt-see-an-end-to-his-coaching-career-coming/

Pretty much looks like Pete is here as long as he wants to be, the whole thing is about John and his contract and length.
He's like Jack Pardee the Washington coach that lost to the "perfect" Dolphins. Dude was at least 72 but actually 155 years old. And John isn't going anywhere as long as he is appreciated and respected by those in charge and in the know. Pete will coach probably one more contract after the new one but don't be shocked if he goes further. Pete is a coach not a media bot and will coach until he's dead just like Bilichek..

Maulbert

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3fkmuevu said:
chris98251":3fkmuevu said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...snt-see-an-end-to-his-coaching-career-coming/

Pretty much looks like Pete is here as long as he wants to be, the whole thing is about John and his contract and length.
He's like Jack Pardee the Washington coach that lost to the "perfect" Dolphins. Dude was at least 72 but actually 155 years old. And John isn't going anywhere as long as he is appreciated and respected by those in charge and in the know. Pete will coach probably one more contract after the new one but don't be shocked if he goes further. Pete is a coach not a media bot and will coach until he's dead just like Bilichek..

Pardee played for the Redskins when they lost to the Dolphins, but he coached them from 1978-80. He was replaced by Joe Gibbs. George Allen coached the 1972 Redskins.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Maulbert":3kq9whna said:
MizzouHawkGal":3kq9whna said:
chris98251":3kq9whna said:

Pardee played for the Redskins when they lost to the Dolphins, but he coached them from 1978-80. He was replaced by Joe Gibbs. George Allen coached the 1972 Redskins.
Damn it! I knew it was some old dude. I should do the Wikipedia thing but you get the point George Allen or Steve Allen what's the difference?. :17:

Maulbert

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":jj87p0s9 said:
Maulbert":jj87p0s9 said:
MizzouHawkGal":jj87p0s9 said:
chris98251":jj87p0s9 said:

Damn it! I knew it was some old dude. I should do the Wikipedia thing but you get the point. :17:

Yeah, George Allen was the idiot who hated playing rookies. Kind of the exact opposite of Pete. I don't think his coaching philosophy would fly so well in today's NFL.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I just know that he was old and coached in the NFL before I was born. Thanks for the information though. :D

Wikipedia does confirm your evaluation though.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Maulbert":2ng946r5 said:
Yeah, George Allen was the idiot who hated playing rookies. Kind of the exact opposite of Pete. I don't think his coaching philosophy would fly so well in today's NFL.

Allen was the HC that made the Rams legendary Fearsome Foursome of the 1960's. I remember him well. When he was hired as the Redskins HC, he coined the phrase "The future is now" by his trading of draft choices for veteran players.

Sorry for the little nostalgia trip, but you dusted off some cob webs.

Latest posts