Schneider is Staying - Contract Extension

Fox0r

Reaction score
Best news for the Seahawks in at least a year.

Done with Pete and the rest of the coaches, but JS will keep us relevant for years.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/status/1349066718425960448[/tweet]

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
He's demonstrably one of the best general managers in the league. Don't believe me? Just look at the 10 year history for the rest of the NFL - feel free to get back to me on how many teams are doing better at maintaining a competitive roster.

James in PA

Reaction score
I wonder if the power structure will remain the same. I assume Pete still has final say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I'm almost positive that during the game on Saturday, I heard Aikman say something to the affect that JS will have total control at some point instead of sharing that control with PC. Anyone else hear this? I thought it was sooner rather than later. With a contract extension through 2027, he most likely will be responsible for finding a replacement for Pete. Whenever that might be.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":27t22177 said:
I'm almost positive that during the game on Saturday, I heard Aikman say something to the affect that JS will have total control at some point instead of sharing that control with PC. Anyone else hear this? I thought it was sooner rather than later. With a contract extension through 2027, he most likely will be responsible for finding a replacement for Pete. Whenever that might be.

I took it less as a statement that John will wrestle control from Pete and more as an acknowledgement that John will eventually acquire full personnel control, either by leaving Seattle or after Pete's retirement.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Fantastic news! Now let's upgrade the OL/DL please...

chris98251

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1ou3x9m3 said:
oldhawkfan":1ou3x9m3 said:

I took it less as a statement that John will wrestle control from Pete and more as an acknowledgement that John will eventually acquire full personnel control, either by leaving Seattle or after Pete's retirement.

Johns contract is 2 years longer then Pete's.

TraderGary

Reaction score
This is great news. Happy to be wrong about my prediction of JS leaving after the PC extension.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
chris98251":3cmvamem said:
Maelstrom787":3cmvamem said:
oldhawkfan":3cmvamem said:

I wonder if Pete has privately told ownership he plans on retiring at the end of his contract, so they're keeping John around longer for some continuity.

Rat

Reaction score
Excellent! If he was going to jump ship, this would be the time. Must really like it here.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
SeatownJay":fb1y58ob said:
chris98251":fb1y58ob said:
Maelstrom787":fb1y58ob said:
oldhawkfan":fb1y58ob said:

I wonder if Pete has privately told ownership he plans on retiring at the end of his contract, so they're keeping John around longer for some continuity

I would love it gradually John takes over more and more control over the personal decision making like the draft before the end of the years.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I find it more humorous mow many people believed he was going to Detroit (NOT saying on here)
I mean, the mighty Ian said it was so on Twitter, it MUST be true.

MO Hawk

Reaction score
Excellent!

He is a great leader in the organization and in the community.

vigilantgrrl

Reaction score
Relieved! I only wish he had to power to get Pete to retire from the coaching part.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":cdk6sspr said:
I find it more humorous mow many people believed he was going to Detroit (NOT saying on here)
I mean, the mighty Ian said it was so on Twitter, it MUST be true.

Rapaport is a bum who should be ignored. His level of reporting fake stories is unacceptable for a "respected" football insider.

Great news on Schneider. Glad he's staying. Can't wait to see what he pulls off in this draft with paperclips and bubblegum to work with.

Latest posts