Seahawk 53 man roster reached

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Official Updated Roster >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/team/roster.html[/urltargetblank]

It's worth reminding ourselves that teams will engage in some limited roster maneuver over the next 36 hours or so.

Tical21

Reaction score
Kevin Pierre-Louis. He flashed a little bit and went away at times. We do need LB depth. Could be a name to keep an eye on when we are having trouble re-signing the starters in upcoming years.

kearly

Reaction score
Mildly surprised by Helfet.

Bates is a good player, but that surprised me too. Bates had run out of PS eligibility which probably factored. He's a big receiver and at times he's looked good.

The Mayowa cut surprised me, but only because I assumed the coaching staff was way higher on Mayowa than I was. I think they will attempt to PS Mayowa, and are comfortable with losing him on the chance someone puts in a waiver claim. Ditto for Ware and Small.

I think that fumble cost Walters big time.

Surprised, but happy, to see Farwell hold onto his roster spot despite the injury.

BattleOfSeattle

Reaction score
Here's who I hope to see make it onto the Practice Squad:

QB B.J. Daniels
FB Kiero Small
RB Demitrius Bronson
RB Spencer Ware
WR Chris Matthews
TE RaShaun Allen
G Caylin Hauptmann
DT Jimmy Staten
DE Benson Mayowa
LB Korey Toomer

BattleOfSeattle

Reaction score
kearly":3vwaa9cr said:
Mildly surprised by Helfet.

Bates is a good player, but that surprised me too. Bates had run out of PS eligibility which probably factored. He's a big receiver and at times he's looked good.

The Mayowa cut surprised me, but only because I assumed the coaching staff was way higher on Mayowa than I was. I think they will attempt to PS Mayowa, and are comfortable with losing him on the chance someone puts in a waiver claim. Ditto for Ware and Small.

I think that fumble cost Walters big time.

Surprised, but happy, to see Farwell hold onto his roster spot despite the injury.

Farwell was already placed on Injured Reserve.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Since no one has done this... the Seahawks kept:

2 QB
4 RB
7 WR
3 TE
9 OL

25 Offensive Players

9 DL
7 LB
9 DB

25 Defensive Players

Initially I thought the Seahawks would keep 4 RBs but Small/Ware were gaining steam but remember all three of our TEs can block out of the FB position and Harvin is like a scat-back. We could also see the Seahawks troll the NFL and become more of a passing team even though they made it clear they wouldn't change.

Crazy, 7 WRs but none are Walters. They must be protecting Norwood, also I assume, I expect one of Bates/Lockette to be cut once he's healthy.

Thought they would go 9 OL but with Winston being one of them. If he doesn't make anyteam I'm sure he'll be on call if needed.

Defense looks exactly how I guessed it would be with the exception of the 5th CB that was traded for.

Bprez3

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Regarding the PS it will be interesting to see who they keep, and what players they take from other teams

Mick063

Reaction score
Tical21":d2i4wqa6 said:
Kevin Pierre-Louis. He flashed a little bit and went away at times. We do need LB depth. Could be a name to keep an eye on when we are having trouble re-signing the starters in upcoming years.

Fresh four year deal as opposed to Toomer who will approach that dreaded league veteran minimum soon enough to make a difference. I think Toomer and Pierre-Louis are a wash, almost clones, so in that case you take the younger player and the rookie four year deal. I really thought they were going to deal Morgan and keep Toomer, but then again, maybe no takers. They do have a chunk of coaching investment in Toomer after all. Toomer just couldn't stay on the practice field and lost his spot to the rookie. So far, like Toomer, Pierre-Louis seems to get nagging injuries that keep him off the field as well.

Polk738

Reaction score
Besides that fumble I thought Walters was pretty good on ST. Guess they thought otherwise, sucks that one bad play can make or break you in this league

GeekHawk

Reaction score
These are pretty much the cuts I was wanting to see. Glad to see that JS/PC tuned into my brainwaves! Now I want to see several of those names on the practice squad.

Mick063

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1hhbtrzl said:
These are pretty much the cuts I was wanting to see. Glad to see that JS/PC tuned into my brainwaves! Now I want to see several of those names on the practice squad.

I'm happy to see Bates make it. So who returns kicks if Percy gets knicked? I think Pete gives Nick Burly a look see in practice. Or would you go with Richardson?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Mick063":26o5qb11 said:
GeekHawk":26o5qb11 said:

I'm happy to see Bates make it. So who returns kicks if Percy gets knicked? I think Pete gives Nick Burly a look see in practice. Or would you go with Richardson?
It'll be Baldwin. Have you forgotten his return vs. the Whiner in the NFCCG?

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
Happy with this roster also. The only differences between what I was thinking would happen was that I thought they would cut Helfet and keep Kori Toomer and I thought Haupmann would get the nod over Schilling. Been predicting 7 WR's since the start of training camp. Having said that, I would not be surprised if Helfet gets cut for a third TE they pick up on waivers. And Bates could still get cut in a couple of weeks for an extra player once Norwood is healthy enough to play as they are similar sized receivers. Also happy the hawks are thinking long term over short term enough to keep Gillian over Eric Winston

ivotuk

Reaction score
Polk738":2eg7h45f said:
Besides that fumble I thought Walters was pretty good on ST. Guess they thought otherwise, sucks that one bad play can make or break you in this league

I think he was a little reckless on his returns and it would only be a matter of time before he really got injured.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Official depth chart update >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/team/depth-chart.html[/urltargetblank]

I like that offensive line depth chart. They fit and can grow and improve as the season evolves.

MB12

Reaction score
Jville":10hr5hb4 said:
Official depth chart update >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/team/depth-chart.html[/urltargetblank]

I like that offensive line depth chart. They fit and can grow and improve as the season evolves.

Is anyone else surprised at Mike Morgan being first string?

Tokadub

Reaction score
Phew! Glad to look at our 53 man roster decisions without having to pull my hair out :D

I was actually reading comments last night on Field Gulls and some people there where thinking we should keep 7 WR's instead of 5 RB's because that 5th RB would likely not really contribute whatsoever (listed inactive etc.)

While I theoretically beleived that keeping 7 WR's would be awesome since we are so stacked with talent, I kinda wrote it off as a realistic possibility. This is the first off-season I've really followed closely and I never heard any experts or media guys predict we would keep 7...

But after reading some of those comments on Field Gulls last night it kinda seemed like a no-brainer to keep 7 WR's. All 7 of those guys can immediately contribute to our team's offense or special teams and they are all REALLY good.

Not surprised at all about Walters being cut, I was probably the harshest critic of him on this forum from what I've seen. I just don't think he's that good at all. He makes the most of what he's got but it's not very impressive and I beleive we were seeing his best this preseason. I think Walters had little to no room for improvement unlike Bates, Norwood (might already be a total beast), and Richardson. Walters is simply not worthy of being on a Super Bowl Champion team. I thought all along Bates was the most likely guy to challenge Lockette for that 6th spot but Lockette seems irreplaceble on special teams and he's been money as a receiver with his nutty speed.

Long story short, this 7 WR lineup is PERFECT we couldn't have done it any better imo.

The only thing I disagree with is keeping 3 Tight Ends, I have little faith in Helfet's ability but maybe he'll prove me wrong. It just seems like a healthy Zach Miller and Luke Willson would be all the TE's we could possibly need.

So where would that 1 extra TE spot go to? I was thinking Keiro Small, but admittedly I was maybe riding the hype train a little bit just because of a few highlights I watched of him from college, and everyone here seems to be in love with him. He looked decent but I don't agree in the slightest bit he should make the team over Coleman. I think Coleman is extremely underrated. Coleman caught 8/8 passes last season and I can't think of him making one single bad play, every time I notice him he's doing great... so not sure what's with all the Keiro > Coleman talk honestly.

I thought Keiro should make the team but keeping 3 TE's I'm guessing knocked him off which seems like the only bad move to me on our 53-man roster. I really don't know enough about Helfet, maybe he'll prove me wrong but at this stage I'd much rather have Keiro Small.

Everything else looks great to me except I have no idea about this guy:

NB2 Marcus Burley, 5'10, 189 (via trade)

It also seems a little excessive to me to keep 9 DB's, do we really need that much depth? Maybe these guys are just the most injury prone or something, this is the first off-season I've really followed closely so maybe 9 DB's is just standard business?

All in all I'm really loving our final 53, literally the only change I would make is to remove Helfat for Keiro Small.