Seahawks activate CB Tharold Simon

raisethe3

Reaction score
keatonisballin":3pmdnwqh said:
Begging for flags and terrible coverage here we come.

Lol, I was thinking the same. But we'll never know. Some things do change.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
keatonisballin":35cbwnaw said:

Before dislocating his shoulder, Simon had allowed the lowest QB rating in the league (37.9) among all cornerbacks who played at least 25% of their team's snaps during the regular season. He then came back and played with the dislocated shoulder and performed very poorly against Carolina and New England with that injury.

Sherman said Simon has the potential to be the next great member of the L.O.B. I think he's still a wild card to be a pretty good player for us this year when healthy.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thiis player has been given a lot of leeway to get right, and although he was a 5th? round draft pick I suspect he will need to join the fight for jobs on this roster. I suspect his gimmee time for injuries is now over and he'll need to compete or find a new situation. I believe he has potential and we haven't seen the best he can give but doubt he's as good as some of the players we hope he can replace. I doubt he's a starter here.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
jammerhawk":35j8hoi8 said:
I doubt he's a starter here.

With Cary Williams added to the roster, it's going to be an uphill battle for him for sure.

But he still has a couple years left on his rookie deal, which makes him incredibly valuable, and he flashed that sort of potential before getting hurt last season. He's also a solid special teams player.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I hope you are right, but he was beat like a drum XLIX, and being out of position most of the game wasn't all the shoulder injury it was between the ears.....but like I said, I hope you are right.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1gtl0euv said:
I hope you are right, but he was beat like a drum XLIX, and being out of position most of the game wasn't all the shoulder injury it was between the ears.....but like I said, I hope you are right.

Yeah, it's hard to tell. Playing with serious injuries like that have a tendency to make guys tentative and throw them off their game. Carroll said he did not look like the same player. So I will give him the benefit of the doubt until I see how he plays this year while healthy.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Simon was asked to cover a shifty little turdblossom with a beard against one of the best QBs in the game. Yes, he got torched, but it was a tough assignment, especially with a bad shoulder and no pass rush. He had a tough time against Newton, too, but that dude was on his game that day. Lots of other young CB's struggle as well, you know.

All I'm saying is that Simon has real potential, especially against the larger types of WRs. Give the kid a chance to grow a bit. I think he has a real shot at being a solid DB.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I suspect if he can show he can make it through camp and be healthy he'll get kept but he's over the free and easy period of his roster security. He can play but hasn't been able to stay on the field long enough to show the ability the team saw in him to draft him. I do think he has a higher upside than shown to date. For Simon now things will quickly become very real very soon. Sure there is lots of critical commentary about him but he's not had a lot of playing time yet and despite being in his 3rd year is still pretty raw in terms of experience. He still is pretty raw in some coverages and vulnerable at times as we saw in the team's last game. He's now certainly on the bubble in my mind.

Hawkfiend

Reaction score
MysterMatt":2673r0r3 said:
Simon was asked to cover a shifty little turdblossom with a beard against one of the best QBs in the game. Yes, he got torched, but it was a tough assignment, especially with a bad shoulder and no pass rush. He had a tough time against Newton, too, but that dude was on his game that day. Lots of other young CB's struggle as well, you know.

All I'm saying is that Simon has real potential, especially against the larger types of WRs. Give the kid a chance to grow a bit. I think he has a real shot at being a solid DB.

Exactly. No reason to give up on a player who is cheap and under team control for a couple of years and has shown flashes of talent. I'm excited to see what he can do this year.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
keatonisballin":30qfu360 said:
.Net the place where nothing changes from a player's first year ever. Typical, all while ignoring the fact he has the best DB coach ever as his head coach and the best the current NFL has currently to mentor him. You know, the same dude with no talent that played WR at Stanford?

He said he has the most talent and is made for the position. But what's he know given he graduated from Stanford.

He was thrown into the fire and had growing pains. He'll be ready for his next go around.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1bn059hx said:
Great play by Simon tarnished by a terrible PI call . . .

Illegalcontact0
This one drove me absolutely nuts. Scared the kid. And neighbors.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I'm not holding my breath for Simon.

Somebody else will step forward before Jeremy Lane can return.

Fingers crossed for both to happen.

kearly

Reaction score
Maxwell was a roster bubble nobody his first two years, then suddenly became very good starting corner out of nowhere. I don't know if Simon will do the same, but this franchise churns through so many corners, they will probably find another Byron Maxwell story every few years.

Mike D in 332

Reaction score
Just like 2013, there are going to be some great DBs released by the Seahawks. It may be a trickle as former STARters return from injury/contract dispute.

Seafan

Reaction score
hawknation2015":313z5dfh said:
keatonisballin":313z5dfh said:

Before dislocating his shoulder, Simon had allowed the lowest QB rating in the league (37.9) among all cornerbacks who played at least 25% of their team's snaps during the regular season. He then came back and played with the dislocated shoulder and performed very poorly against Carolina and New England with that injury.

Sherman said Simon has the potential to be the next great member of the L.O.B. I think he's still a wild card to be a pretty good player for us this year when healthy.

I agree. The team needed Burley to replace Lane, not a natural outside CB like Simon with a bum shoulder. I understand why they kept him active was due to Sherman's elbow. Bad luck.

Simon will be a starter in this league.

Exittium

Reaction score
I'm thinking it will be a competition between Tye Smith and Simon. I like what we briefly saw of tye smith. and would love to see more