Seahawks are #1 in red zone scoring

adeltaY

Reaction score
Weren't we pretty good in the redzone last year even with the disaster of a run game we had? Jimmy was pretty damn reliable there once he and Russ got their goal line connection sorted out. Now that we can run it in from inside the five, we are looking even better, especially if we can get a reliable receiver in the RZ. That's why I wouldn't mind holding onto Marshall for a few weeks to see if he can fulfill that Graham role of being a great RZ threat, even if nothing else - he's certainly cheaper

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
David Moore is quietly putting his hand up as a red zone target. Obviously Dissly was one.

The things we are seeing are indicative of the offensive philosophy of running the ball to bring in the defense and then using speed to pass over the top of it. Lockett is producing career numbers outside the red zone, and we're scoring on the ground inside the red zone. Wilson is throwing to wide-open receivers down-field, so there is almost no chance of a turnover. This is precisely how it's drawn up.

People were asking how we were going to replace the 10 TDs from Graham and Richardson. This is how.

mrt144

Reaction score
adeltaY":33nvljsh said:
Weren't we pretty good in the redzone last year even with the disaster of a run game we had? Jimmy was pretty damn reliable there once he and Russ got their goal line connection sorted out. Now that we can run it in from inside the five, we are looking even better, especially if we can get a reliable receiver in the RZ. That's why I wouldn't mind holding onto Marshall for a few weeks to see if he can fulfill that Graham role of being a great RZ threat, even if nothing else - he's certainly cheaper

According to some of the break out drive stats found on FO from 2017, the Seahawks were merely average in Pts/RZ @16.

chris98251

Reaction score
I was a supporter of Schotty when we hired him, he had a balanced attack and was a Coryell student on offense, I also touted his effect with Brees when he was his QB coach as well, that was back when he was hired. I thought the fact we hired Solari as well would be a great one tow punch and eventually make Wilson a better QB and a more disciplined one as well. Granted until last week Wilson has not looked comfortable and seemed to be fighting things.

That could be expected since Bevell basically was a whiffle ball as far as being able to hold him to task to the point Pete had to step in one game and tell him to get his act together.

Our deep ball success has been very high so far as well as the Run game, thats a combo of both Schotty and Solari able to get the offense working together and having a balanced attack that both the receivers as well as Backs have bought into.

It should only get better the more comfortable everyone gets in it.

adeltaY

Reaction score
mrt144":1sx2hbv6 said:
adeltaY":1sx2hbv6 said:

According to some of the break out drive stats found on FO from 2017, the Seahawks were merely average in Pts/RZ @16.

Hmm I wonder how they rates compared to other years for the Seahawks and I'm also curious about the splits between the first and second halves of the season. It seemed to me that last season there was a marked improvement when Jimmy and Russ got in sync.