Seahawks are going to win their next 7 games.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I see 11-5.

The offense has become unpredictable. Rawls fits better behind this Oline than Lynch does. Graham hurts but the WR/TE corps sans Lockett is the same as last year. They are good enough. Defense cant prepare and gameplan just on a few guys. That makes the Seahawks O dangerous moving forward. If Russ remains in his zone, he can be unstoppable.

The Defense still has the experience and the pedigree of a dominant defense buts its all about putting it together all at once and being consistent.

Having Shead as a starter and Lane back at NCB produced ball-hawkin results and its more getting the assimilated with chemistryand familarity that will help reduce mistakes. They are lengthy and physical and fast, a recipe for turnovers in our D.

More than anything its about the middle of the Y defense but with guys like Wags, Wright, Irvon, Thomas, and Chancellor... I have a feeling that they will rise to the occasion and progress to thier dominant game.

Richard has to help though, and watch film from prior years and gameplan to take TEs out of the game.

I have a feeling though it will all come together for them.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Defense doesn't seem up to the challenge.

Even if we stumble and don't make the playoffs, I am seeing a lot of reason for optimism going forward.

1. Wilson is appearing to take that next step in the QB evolution. Hoping that continues to grow.
2. Regardless of Lynch's prognosis going forward, the belief and understanding that we aren't doomed when he is gone is huge
3. OL is starting to show improvement. Which I always felt would be a product of Wilson elevating his game. Either way the current state of the OL now is far less gloomy than it was entering the year.
4. Lockette looks like he can be a #1 quality receiver as he continues to grow.

Offensively, I just think we're in a much better place than we were even at this time last year. That last stretch run of games and the playoffs seemed like scoring 21 points was near impossible. At this point now, it feels like a failure if we don't hit that by halftime.

9-7 seems most likely. If this defense gets some ability to finish and get off the field, we'll exceed that.

Polaris

Reaction score
I think we go 10-6 and 11-5 is IMHO a definite possibility. Remember that we play Cleveland, St Louis, and Baltimore. That should three more wins right there....enough said. That means to get 10-6 we'd have to win either against Minny or Arizona. Minny is IMHO overrated. They are a good team but nowhere near as good as their record (I do think they'll be the 6th seed when the smoke clears) and Arizona will almost certainly be locked into their playoff slot by the last game of the season so it's entirely possible that they'll rest people that last game....and Arizona has not played nearly as well of late as they did early on. I am quite sure we can get one of these hard games and I think there's a reasonable shot at both.

The two teams we really need to watch out for (to make the playoffs as a wild-card) are Tampa Bay and Atlanta. Atlanta is terrible and in Free-Fall. Worse, they have to play Carolina twice in the next month and while Carolina is likely to rest starters late, they won't for the first meeting (in two weeks) because HFA will not be wrapped up by then. Also Tampa Bay and Atlanta still have to play each other.

All told I expect both Atlanta and Tampa Bay to fade badly with Atlanta ending at 8-8 at *best*.

byau

Reaction score
StoneCold":3vv50ucq said:
Hasselbeck":3vv50ucq said:
ImTheScientist":3vv50ucq said:
:thirishdrinkers:

Technically you were wrong.

What are you talking about Willis? That kind of talk will get Tinker Bell killed.

I mean seriously ... whatsup?

Because by my count the next 7 games

by my count the next seven games:

5 regulation
1 Wildcard playoff
1 Divisional playoff

Then who knows what for conference in SB

Sounds like a plan. I can toast to that

:) :) :)

(STILL) GO HAWKS!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This last game against Pitt was a gem that could provide the motivation for a hard run. The pass play by DB was a statement play and the Dbs finally breaking the ice with some INTs may be the beginning point for the team re-energizing for a statement type finish.

2 down 5 to go

@ Minnie, will tell us a lot but a W would be a huge W
@ Baltimore
vs. Cleveland
vs. St. L.
@ Cardinals for the marbles as far as the playoffs are concerned.

At this point the team could still potentially get to a home playoff game or a 1st rd bye by running the table and having some luck with the Cardinals. 11-5 seem doable. We need to keep the faith!

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
I had to go back and read through this thread.
WOW!
I am starting to re-believe.
It is clear that this is not the same team as when this thread was started.

soje

Reaction score
Yes, indeed. The Seahawks are going to win their next 7 games. Game #1 is against the Ravens.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
byau":2c6gajgl said:
StoneCold":2c6gajgl said:
Hasselbeck":2c6gajgl said:
ImTheScientist":2c6gajgl said:

Technically you were wrong.

What are you talking about Willis? That kind of talk will get Tinker Bell killed.

I mean seriously ... whatsup?

Because by my count the next 7 games

by my count the next seven games:

5 regulation
1 Wildcard playoff
1 Divisional playoff

Then who knows what for conference in SB

Sounds like a plan. I can toast to that

:) :) :)

(STILL) GO HAWKS!

Yeah I'm an idiot.. I thought he made this before the AZ game.

Carry on.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
:141847_bnono: shame on everyone who gave up early. I learned many moons ago to never quit on a Russell Wilson led team

byau

Reaction score
Wow... we are in the playoffs.

No seriously, this just BOGGLES my mind

And to celebrate another playoff appearance, I am bumping this thread

In particular some guy wrote this:

From NOV 16, 2015 10:20 PM

byau":2uud8a8s said:
Not out of the question. My eyes tell me I would give it around a 38% chance though (and in comparison, them same eyes gave the Seahawks about a 70% chance of winning out last year at 6-4).

Even if they do, not sure they'll make the playoffs though.

Green Bay currently 6-3, if they lose two games, they still own the tiebreaker .They'll need to lose 3.
Atlanta currently 6-3, very easy schedule, not sure they'll lose two games, but starting to show some chinks in the armor

Then a whole bevy of teams at 4-5 fighting for that last playoff spot: Redskins, Bucs, Rams, Eagles, Bears, Saints (4-6)

If they win out, still a tossup on making the playoffs.

If they do win out though, it'll make for a great way to finish the season playoffs or not

(STILL) GO HAWKS!

And this
From TUE DEC 01, 2015 1:22 PM

byau":2uud8a8s said:
I was feeling so much better when I gave them very little to no chance of making the playoffs.

Now I'm back to being stressed again

Thanks a bunch

(STILL) GO HAWKS!

At 4-5, the Seahawks had showed me nothing that would indicate this historic turnaround. Good, but not epic defense that may not be able to win you games against the top teams and a TERRIBLE offense.

And then just like that it's an offense we have never seen. An offense the NFL has never seen in its history, complete with record breaking stats.

And here we are today.

The defense still worries me, at least to the point that they are now good, but not epic. I'm not sure you can rely on them to win a game for you. Which has been a worry for awhile now with all the 4th quarter leads that have gotten away against the top teams.

But when the offense goes on a historic tear, the defense has less pressure on them to win the game. Not to say the defense can't, but it definitely is helpful when your offense goes on a tear like the NFL has ever seen.

I never expected to see this. I half-expected the offense to improve to good and the defense to find their way again. Instead, the defense seems to still be the same... good, not great, with some suspect holes.

But that offense.

OOOOohhh that offense.

Wow.. Just wow.

Congrats Seahawks, Congrats 12s, we are in it again!

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
byau":7e8x7qt5 said:
Wow... we are in the playoffs.

No seriously, this just BOGGLES my mind

And to celebrate another playoff appearance, I am bumping this thread

In particular some guy wrote this:

From NOV 16, 2015 10:20 PM

Not out of the question. My eyes tell me I would give it around a 38% chance though (and in comparison, them same eyes gave the Seahawks about a 70% chance of winning out last year at 6-4).

Even if they do, not sure they'll make the playoffs though.

Green Bay currently 6-3, if they lose two games, they still own the tiebreaker .They'll need to lose 3.
Atlanta currently 6-3, very easy schedule, not sure they'll lose two games, but starting to show some chinks in the armor

Then a whole bevy of teams at 4-5 fighting for that last playoff spot: Redskins, Bucs, Rams, Eagles, Bears, Saints (4-6)

If they win out, still a tossup on making the playoffs.

If they do win out though, it'll make for a great way to finish the season playoffs or not

(STILL) GO HAWKS!

And this
From TUE DEC 01, 2015 1:22 PM

I was feeling so much better when I gave them very little to no chance of making the playoffs.

Now I'm back to being stressed again

Thanks a bunch

(STILL) GO HAWKS!

At 4-5, the Seahawks had showed me nothing that would indicate this historic turnaround. Good, but not epic defense
that may not be able to win you games against the top teams and a TERRIBLE offense.

And then just like that it's an offense we have never seen. An offense the NFL has never seen in its history, complete with record breaking stats.

And here we are today.

The defense still worries me, at least to the point that they are now good, but not epic. I'm not sure you can rely on them to win a game for you. Which has been a worry for awhile now with all the 4th quarter leads that have gotten away against the top teams.

But when the offense goes on a historic tear, the defense has less pressure on them to win the game. Not to say the defense can't, but it definitely is helpful when your offense goes on a tear like the NFL has ever seen.

I never expected to see this. I half-expected the offense to improve to good and the defense to find their way again. Instead, the defense seems to still be the same... good, not great, with some suspect holes.

But that offense.

OOOOohhh that offense.

Wow.. Just wow.

Congrats Seahawks, Congrats 12s, we are in it again!

Just because we make the playoffs means nothing this team is talent enough to go all the way ( with Lynch and Chancellor back ) anything below a super bowl appurtenance is disappointing to me.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
You all were a bunch of negative , giving up bitches... Shame on all of you.

Latest posts