Seahawks are trading CB Ahkello Witherspoon

nanomoz

Reaction score
I was surprised the Hawks signed him. He's gotten better, but he's kind of a guy that shies away from contact. The opposite of Richard Sherman when it comes to taking on running backs at the edge.

Sidney is even more sleight, but he's also more willing to engage.

3-2-16-4-6

Reaction score
nanomoz":157pn3db said:
I was surprised the Hawks signed him. He's gotten better, but he's kind of a guy that shies away from contact. The opposite of Richard Sherman when it comes to taking on running backs at the edge.

Sidney is even more sleight, but he's also more willing to engage.

This is my thought. You can NOT play on this defense if you won't tackle and help in the run game. That's one of the prominent niner's complaints and they were looking forward to running right at him.

I will hold judgement until we see what the FULL plan is moving forward with that cap space. Still hoping for Geno Atkins and it would be wonderful to see a solid corner added.

Rat

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":27o5g21q said:
Should have been Flowers, but the stealers probably said “hell no!”
I read we offered them a third round pick to take him, but they're holding firm on wanting a second.

Rat

Reaction score
BASF":3hvjt5fo said:
misfit":3hvjt5fo said:
Good thing we strong at CB so we can afford to trade away a corner

At least we learned our lesson after the Dunbar situation where the DB's style of play didn't quite mesh with our defense and we are getting the DB off the team instead of paying them for very little.

Speaking of Dunbar, he's out there too. Lions cut him a few weeks ago.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Rat":88jptw5b said:
BASF":88jptw5b said:
misfit":88jptw5b said:
Good thing we strong at CB so we can afford to trade away a corner

At least we learned our lesson after the Dunbar situation where the DB's style of play didn't quite mesh with our defense and we are getting the DB off the team instead of paying them for very little.

Speaking of Dunbar, he's out there too. Lions cut him a few weeks ago.

Dunbar is a very good CB, but he can't stay healthy.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Just for kicks, i looked at what the Seahawks have done in recent years in the 4th and 5th rounds.

2021 4th Tre Brown DB

2020 4th Colby Parkinson TE, 4th DeeJay Dallas RB, 5th Alton Robinson

2019 4th Gary Jennings WR, 4th Phil Haynes OG, 4th Ugo Amadi FS, 5th Ben Burr-Kirven

2018 4th Will Dissly TE, 5th Shaquem Griffin LB, 5th Tre Flowers DB, 5th Michael Dickson All Pro Punter, 5th Jamarco Jones Tackle

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Love it. Got a fifth rounder in exchange for his bum ass and the Niners got nothing. Schneider just knows how to work it

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
LCB- 9- D.J. Reed, 22- Tre Brown, 23- Sidney Jones,

RCB- 21- Tre Flowers, u/k- Nigel Warrior

Is this sustainable? I don't think it is. Do we expect more additions to be made? Only problem is LB depth might be even shallower.

sutz

Reaction score
A 5th in '23 could be pulled into '22 as a 6th or 7th come draft day, or used in other scenarios. ;)

He didn't get a lot of praise from Pete in pre-season, so not surprising. Only downside of still working the roster this late is they don't get a lot of time to work together, but talent matters.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Maybe we can use some of this $$$ and sign Geno Atkins? John Reid back from the PS to help round out the CB room?

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
It's all about competition. Sometimes ya win sometimes ya don't.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1433846111815540759[/tweet]
Always glad to see a competitor rebound for a shot at another starting job .....

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1433857624211169287[/tweet]

AlciG

Reaction score
Good to see JS and PC recouping something but if he hadn’t been signed the Hawks would have a compensatory 4th in 2022

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Sidney Jones is going to live up to the 1st round billing he had. I'm convinced this kid is about to blow some people away. He was nails at UW.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
AlciG":y0yxxjyo said:
Good to see JS and PC recouping something but if he hadn’t been signed the Hawks would have a compensatory 4th in 2022

I don't know where you got that number :229031_confused2:

OTA projected it as a very late 6th round compensation pick at best.

Link to relevant page >>> [urltargetblank]https://overthecap.com/compensatory-picks/[/urltargetblank]

I don't know why we as a fan base tend to ignore competitive contributions during training camp and pre-season practices. But we do. Blindness I suppose. It's certainly valued by all 32 teams.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":19usncad said:
Sidney Jones is going to live up to the 1st round billing he had. I'm convinced this kid is about to blow some people away. He was nails at UW.

Sidney Jones and Trey Brown at 100% are going to bring the competitive heat to the practice field. I like how this is playing out. Intriguing and engaging. :2thumbs:

James in PA

Reaction score
Don’t forget, Desmond Trufant is available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk