Seahawks are trading CB Ahkello Witherspoon

toffee

Reaction score
Somehow the front office decisiveness stops at Witherspoon, and does not extended to Flowers? That said, Pete knows millions time more about CBs than most of us?

AlciG

Reaction score
Jville":18omhswt said:
AlciG":18omhswt said:
Good to see JS and PC recouping something but if he hadn’t been signed the Hawks would have a compensatory 4th in 2022

I don't know where you got that number :229031_confused2:

OTA projected it as a very late 6th round compensation pick at best.

Link to relevant page >>> [urltargetblank]https://overthecap.com/compensatory-picks/[/urltargetblank]

I don't know why we as a fan base tend to ignore competitive contributions during training camp and pre-season practices. But we do. Blindness I suppose. It's certainly valued by all 32 teams.

He canceled out the compensatory pick the Hawks would have gotten for Shaquill Griffin

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
toffee":13xcl0xa said:
Somehow the front office decisiveness stops at Witherspoon, and does not extended to Flowers? That said, Pete knows millions time more about CBs than most of us?
Sidney Jones should beat out Flowers for the starting gig. If he doesn’t Flowers will cost them game(s) with his “no look” pass coverage.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
AlciG":23e04qkw said:
Jville":23e04qkw said:
AlciG":23e04qkw said:
Good to see JS and PC recouping something but if he hadn’t been signed the Hawks would have a compensatory 4th in 2022

I don't know where you got that number :229031_confused2:

OTA projected it as a very late 6th round compensation pick at best.

Link to relevant page >>> [urltargetblank]https://overthecap.com/compensatory-picks/[/urltargetblank]

I don't know why we as a fan base tend to ignore competitive contributions during training camp and pre-season practices. But we do. Blindness I suppose. It's certainly valued by all 32 teams.

He canceled out the compensatory pick the Hawks would have gotten for Shaquill Griffin

Gerald Everett and Ahkello Witherspoon* were erroneously listed in reverse order in the Seahawks OTA chart. I see the Witherspoon signing as matching up with and canceling out the David Moore (6th) departure. One can discern that by comparing the cancellation examples of the other charts such as the Arizona example.

* Corrected after initial posting.

toffee

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":vmxzxkg9 said:
toffee":vmxzxkg9 said:
Sidney Jones should beat out Flowers for the starting gig. If he doesn’t Flowers will cost them game(s) with his “no look” pass coverage.

Fingers crossed on Sidney Jones,

massari

Reaction score
If they can do the same for Collier and find a trade partner, Olivier Vernon and Sherm would both be upgrades over him and Witherspoon.

If recovered from the torn Achilles, Vernon can play wide 9, 5T and 3T, and be an upgrade over Green and Hyder as well.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I guess it's a good thing they didn't let the singing bonus and bing a high profile FA influence them and keep him or force him into a s starting role. Good call on the poster who called him to not make it

Own The West

Reaction score
Spoon and Flowers are nearly the same player. I like that we tried to replace Flowers as well as recouped our pick once it didn’t work out.

I also like plan B (Jones) more than plan A. He needs to learn the defense, but he’s got a CB1 ceiling.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Own The West":1cnhuud1 said:
Spoon and Flowers are nearly the same player. I like that we tried to replace Flowers as well as recouped our pick once it didn’t work out.

I also like plan B (Jones) more than plan A. He needs to learn the defense, but he’s got a CB1 ceiling.

Witherspoon was so disappointing. Played like Flowers if Flowers was afraid of tackling ballcarriers. Glad they shipped him.

hawk45

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":29cbbgua said:
toffee":29cbbgua said:
Yeah Flowers just can not turn his head, period.

I still remember him shutting down hopkins last year in what I thought was one of his best performances, and just hope he has a few more of those in him while we find the answer. He played far above his usual level that day.