Seahawks bar in Vegas?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
olyfan63":1v3jp5su said:
Seahawkfan80":1v3jp5su said:
If you want to go that route.....go to a sports book. or local bar area that has snacks. They will have the game on as it is the only game on....besides baseball or soccer...

Thanks. I was thinking about the former LVH, which is now called Westgate or something like that.
The group is diverse enough, from Olympia and Puyallup, and should be 8-10 people, mostly 50+, varying levels of mobility, varying levels of fan enthusiasm. Herding cats. Plus most want to go to OldTown/Fremont after the game.
I think we'd probably be happy with a sports book place, and decent reasonably priced food and reasonable viewing angles would probably make most of the group happier than a packed sports bar experience.

Heck, I would go to the Fremont then. There is a decent bar there that opened up about 6 months ago and I think they had a couple of tvs there. Food was not too far away. I think they had a few tables to sit at too. I am fairly mobile tho so understand what you are saying. Was there in July...so that may change things a little depending on the crowd.

pmedic920

Reaction score
olyfan63":1siah7gt said:
Thanks?? for the NON assistance. Anything actually useful to offer or is all-or-nothing sarcasm all you have?

Whoa, I wasn't being sarcastic.
I'm serious, I think if you are looking for a comfortable place for 10 people (including some elderly), and you want that spot an hour before a prime time game's kick off, you should avoid the typical sports bars.

IMO, that's sound advise no matter what city you are in.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Looks like we're going to try Old School Brewing Co. I understand they have a regular Seahawks contingent there, and it probably will have space for us an hour before game time. They're at 8410 W Desert Inn Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89117. Assuming we make it there, I'll do my best to remember to report back on the experience. Wish me luck.

mrblitz

Reaction score
it might not be a 'seahawks bar', but watching it at the bar in caesar's might be mellow.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
olyfan63":2nep6xv7 said:
Looks like we're going to try Old School Brewing Co. I understand they have a regular Seahawks contingent there, and it probably will have space for us an hour before game time. They're at 8410 W Desert Inn Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89117. Assuming we make it there, I'll do my best to remember to report back on the experience. Wish me luck.
Please do. If the Hawks win another Lombardi there won't be enough room at scooters. It would be nice to have back up plans for future reference.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3urttys3 said:
olyfan63":3urttys3 said:
Please do. If the Hawks win another Lombardi there won't be enough room at scooters. It would be nice to have back up plans for future reference.

You think we may have to renovate Scooters to add a floor for more of us??? LOL

Team Patera

Reaction score
pmedic920":2k1bevwe said:
olyfan63":2k1bevwe said:
Thanks?? for the NON assistance. Anything actually useful to offer or is all-or-nothing sarcasm all you have?

Whoa, I wasn't being sarcastic.
I'm serious, I think if you are looking for a comfortable place for 10 people (including some elderly), and you want that spot an hour before a prime time game's kick off, you should avoid the typical sports bars.

IMO, that's sound advise no matter what city you are in.
Gotta side with you on this one. I didn't find it sarcastic at all!
Asking to find a place one hour before kick off for a prime time game for 10 people for the #1 team vs the #2 team is nearly impossible.
Millions have had this game circled on their calendars for months.

Team Patera

Reaction score
olyfan63":tokwji2h said:
Have fun and Go Hawks! :D

olyfan63

Reaction score
Team Patera":3flyje9j said:
Gotta side with you on this one. I didn't find it sarcastic at all!
Asking to find a place one hour before kick off for a prime time game for 10 people for the #1 team vs the #2 team is nearly impossible.
Millions have had this game circled on their calendars for months.

"Taking sides"??!! LOL. I'm over it.
My point is that critical comments regarding a tentative course of action are much more useful when also accompanied by helpful information for building a better plan.

I did appreciate the numerous helpful suggestions people have had in this thread.

Zybot

Reaction score
Was in vegas last weekend. The Pub at Monte Carlo is a cool experience. For $55 per person you get a breakfast and lunch buffet (it is not spectacular) and all you can drink beer, mimosas, and bloody marys. You can pay a little extra and get a comfy leather couch. My waiter came like every 20 minutes to see if I need anything. There are a diverse group of football fans there. Ones of the best things I did in vegas.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'll be in Las Vegas for the 49'ers game on 11/22, but I won't be renting a car and will be staying on The Strip. How far away from the Strip is Scooter's?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
RiverDog":ul4eeo9c said:
I'll be in Las Vegas for the 49'ers game on 11/22, but I won't be renting a car and will be staying on The Strip. How far away from the Strip is Scooter's?

I took the bus at Scooters on Rainbow blvd to Charleston then from charleston to downtown. I think it was about 6 miles that I walked to get to Sunset so I could get towards Rainbow. It was a long day.

From the strip, go to charleston, from there to Rainbow, there south to Scooters. Heck, could have been 10 miles...in the burning desert.....up hill both ways....

RiverDog

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3i2qqk8m said:
RiverDog":3i2qqk8m said:

I took the bus at Scooters on Rainbow blvd to Charleston then from charleston to downtown. I think it was about 6 miles that I walked to get to Sunset so I could get towards Rainbow. It was a long day.

From the strip, go to charleston, from there to Rainbow, there south to Scooters. Heck, could have been 10 miles...in the burning desert.....up hill both ways....

OK, thanks, my friend!

I looked it up on a map, if I go to the south end of the strip and pick up a cab, it shouldn't be too spendy. Looks like a straight shot down the freeway to Rainbow Blvd. I can handle that. It would be worth it if I could hook with some diehard 12's.

Subzero717

Reaction score
olyfan63":276o4z7o said:
Seahawkfan80":276o4z7o said:
If you want to go that route.....go to a sports book. or local bar area that has snacks. They will have the game on as it is the only game on....besides baseball or soccer...

Thanks. I was thinking about the former LVH, which is now called Westgate or something like that.
The group is diverse enough, from Olympia and Puyallup, and should be 8-10 people, mostly 50+, varying levels of mobility, varying levels of fan enthusiasm. Herding cats. Plus most want to go to OldTown/Fremont after the game.
I think we'd probably be happy with a sports book place, and decent reasonably priced food and reasonable viewing angles would probably make most of the group happier than a packed sports bar experience.
The LVH sports book is plant fine. They allow outside food and you can sneak in your own booze with relative ease. Or so I've heard.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2sgb6w8k said:
olyfan63":2sgb6w8k said:

I did go to Old School Brewing Co. for Seahawks/Packers. If Scooters is the 2013 Seahawks, Old School might be the Tavaris Jackson 2011 Seahawks.

"People love crowds. The bigger the crowd, the more people show up. Small crowd, hardly anybody shows up." - Gallagher

Mostly Old School needs to keep working to attract a bigger crowd to generate the atmosphere and energy that will result in getting bigger crowds. They are off the beaten path/off the strip, tucked away in an obscure strip mall, but possibly not any more so than Scooter's.

The food was very good. They had a burger and beer special for $10 I partook in. They had a Buy One, Get One (free) deal on their house beers. I think I got a couple extra beers out of that, one for me, and one I shared with the group. I'm not a beer connoisseur, so I can't really comment on their house beers, except that I liked them just fine. One gal in our group didn't like their beer, but loved their wings. Our group had tables in the bar, so there were plenty of non-beer alcohol options.

Because of our group's logistics in arriving in Vegas, getting rental cars, getting checked into hotels, etc., and then getting to the bar, about 2/3 of our group arrived pretty much right at game start time, and another couple of our group showed up in the fourth quarter. It was not crowded, and there were a few empty tables in the bar.

There are two main seating areas in the establishment, the restaurant area, and the bar. In the restaurant, they had a 10-12 foot projection screen going, and 3-4 banquet tables in a central area facing the large screen. Since it was still daylight, and the projected image was not that great with outside sunlight still lighting the room, we chose to watch in the bar. I also understand they are getting a new projection system soon for the restaurant, which will probably make that a better viewing area too.

In the bar, where there were a number of 40-inch screens. The bar is a square area in the center of the room with tables around the edge of the room. There were a couple TV's above each side of the bar, plus 1-2 TV's on each wall of the room, so maybe a dozen TV's total, and none hi-def, IIRC.

In the restaurant area, I understand one chapter of the Las Vegas Seahawkers meets to watch the game. There appeared to be a dozen or so Seahawk fans watching in the restaurant area. In any case, I saw NO Packers jerseys the whole time there, and lots of Seahawks gear.

The staff were attired in varying Seahawks garb. A guy who I believe was the manager came over and spoke to our group, and mentioned their brewmaster/the owner (IIRC) had grown up in Seattle. The staff were very friendly, and in general awesome to us, and timely in checking on us and getting food and drink out.

At halftime they conduct a drawing, based on tickets you get when ordering drinks, and this one was for a "12" jersey. A woman in our group had the winning ticket and wound up with a very nice new "12" jersey.

Some of the Yelp reviews mentioned a sewage smell in part of the establishment, and I didn't notice it at all, except after the game, on the trip to/from the bathroom, I did notice a hint of this.

Apparently in Vegas it is legal to smoke in bars, and there was one guy in the bar who was smoking some sort of bowls or pipes or hookah or something that caused me some watering eyes at times. Not a showstopper, but thankfully not something experienced when watching Seahawks games in bars in Washington state.

I would just like to reiterate how awesomely well the restaurant staff treated our group.
All in all, Old School has tremendous potential as a Seahawks bar in Vegas, and really just needs a few more 12's to start regularly showing up, in order to generate a great energy level during games.

I'll stop here with the review, but feel free to ask me questions here or by PM.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
olyfan63":1ll2ksmr said:
Sports Hernia":1ll2ksmr said:
olyfan63":1ll2ksmr said:

I did go to Old School Brewing Co. for Seahawks/Packers. If Scooters is the 2013 Seahawks, Old School might be the Tavaris Jackson 2011 Seahawks.

"People love crowds. The bigger the crowd, the more people show up. Small crowd, hardly anybody shows up." - Gallagher

Mostly Old School needs to keep working to attract a bigger crowd to generate the atmosphere and energy that will result in getting bigger crowds. They are off the beaten path/off the strip, tucked away in an obscure strip mall, but possibly not any more so than Scooter's.

The food was very good. They had a burger and beer special for $10 I partook in. They had a Buy One, Get One (free) deal on their house beers. I think I got a couple extra beers out of that, one for me, and one I shared with the group. I'm not a beer connoisseur, so I can't really comment on their house beers, except that I liked them just fine. One gal in our group didn't like their beer, but loved their wings. Our group had tables in the bar, so there were plenty of non-beer alcohol options.

Because of our group's logistics in arriving in Vegas, getting rental cars, getting checked into hotels, etc., and then getting to the bar, about 2/3 of our group arrived pretty much right at game start time, and another couple of our group showed up in the fourth quarter. It was not crowded, and there were a few empty tables in the bar.

There are two main seating areas in the establishment, the restaurant area, and the bar. In the restaurant, they had a 10-12 foot projection screen going, and 3-4 banquet tables in a central area facing the large screen. Since it was still daylight, and the projected image was not that great with outside sunlight still lighting the room, we chose to watch in the bar. I also understand they are getting a new projection system soon for the restaurant, which will probably make that a better viewing area too.

In the bar, where there were a number of 40-inch screens. The bar is a square area in the center of the room with tables around the edge of the room. There were a couple TV's above each side of the bar, plus 1-2 TV's on each wall of the room, so maybe a dozen TV's total, and none hi-def, IIRC.

In the restaurant area, I understand one chapter of the Las Vegas Seahawkers meets to watch the game. There appeared to be a dozen or so Seahawk fans watching in the restaurant area. In any case, I saw NO Packers jerseys the whole time there, and lots of Seahawks gear.

The staff were attired in varying Seahawks garb. A guy who I believe was the manager came over and spoke to our group, and mentioned their brewmaster/the owner (IIRC) had grown up in Seattle. The staff were very friendly, and in general awesome to us, and timely in checking on us and getting food and drink out.

At halftime they conduct a drawing, based on tickets you get when ordering drinks, and this one was for a "12" jersey. A woman in our group had the winning ticket and wound up with a very nice new "12" jersey.

Some of the Yelp reviews mentioned a sewage smell in part of the establishment, and I didn't notice it at all, except after the game, on the trip to/from the bathroom, I did notice a hint of this.

Apparently in Vegas it is legal to smoke in bars, and there was one guy in the bar who was smoking some sort of bowls or pipes or hookah or something that caused me some watering eyes at times. Not a showstopper, but thankfully not something experienced when watching Seahawks games in bars in Washington state.

I would just like to reiterate how awesomely well the restaurant staff treated our group.
All in all, Old School has tremendous potential as a Seahawks bar in Vegas, and really just needs a few more 12's to start regularly showing up, in order to generate a great energy level during games.

I'll stop here with the review, but feel free to ask me questions here or by PM.
I love Scooters, but having other options in Vegas is always a good thing.
Great review, thanks!

DHawk

Reaction score
Heading to Vegas as we speak, if time allows(between visiting with in-laws and kids) my wife and I might be trying to head to Scooters for the game. Maybe we'll see some netters!

sam1313

Reaction score
I'll give old scoop another thumbs up here. Fun bar, good food, and you can get a seat without having to arrive 3 hours before the game.

Lennie

Reaction score
Spearmint rhino. I don't remember the game ;)

Latest posts