Seahawks bringing in OL Bradley Sowell for visit

OP
OP
McGruff

McGruff

Reaction score
oasis":1qlook80 said:
Bradley Sowell is getting the first crack at replacing suspended Cardinals RT Bobby Massie.
Sowell started 12 games at left tackle for Arizona in 2013 but was an absolute train wreck, grading out as Pro Football Focus' worst tackle.
--Mon, Aug 17, 2015
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7784/bradley-sowell

That was so 2013 . . . and in fairness to Sowell he was basically a rookie thrown in at LT . . .

vin.couve12

Reaction score

firebee

Reaction score
Atradees":2vpe6psd said:
"Coach Bruce Arians settled on the winners of his two offensive line battles on Tuesday, as Watford beat out Bradley Sowell to claim the right tackle position....."

http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and...To-Start/3494c624-975e-4541-81bf-5e82effca518

Sept 2015 article.

You should also probably note that the Cardinals had one of the best lines in the NFL last year, as opposed to us having one of the worst lines in the NFL last year. Taking a young athletic guy that's most comfortable at LT with some good film on him against the NFC West defenses of 2013 isn't exactly taking the trash in the NFL, especially when the guy got stuck behind Veldheer. Then also consider that he's been practicing against AZ's defense for the last three years. He physically fits the mold and meets all the requirements for what we want in an OT, he's young and he has a little NFL experience. This is a good move by the FO. Not to mention, Arians runs almost the exact same offense we do.. A variation of the spread WCO with zone blocking.

Mojambo

Reaction score
Meh. Maybe as a replacement for Bailey, but i find the talk of potential long-term solution at LT to be kind of ridiculous given the absence of production.

At least Bailey has shown he can handle LT in spot duty.

OP
OP
McGruff

McGruff

Reaction score
Mojambo":fhfp3kq8 said:
Meh. Maybe as a replacement for Bailey, but i find the talk of potential long-term solution at LT to be kind of ridiculous given the absence of production.

At least Bailey has shown he can handle LT in spot duty.

Yeah, I don't see Sowell as a long term solution by any means. I think he's a better fit than Bailey, and he'sa good depth option and swing tackle. He's got some potential to be a long term solution somewhere, but reality is he's probably more like Floyd Womack than Walter Jones.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Bailey said there was 31 other places he'd rather be last year. Regardless of what that was about, it probably plays a part in his not being signed here.

firebee

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3qo3p9d3 said:
I'd be all for adding him to the pile, but not paying him like, or relying on him as, the starter.
I see us bringing him in as competition on a little higher experience young upside kind of contract. 3 year - 3 Mil. APY. Might structure it to get him down to a 2 - 2.5 mil cap hit this year. I also don't think we're going to give Okung a starter contract. Probably offering him a 1-2 year deal at around 5 mil. APY, which is why I think nothing is getting done on Okung. I think our FO and staff want to go into preseason with all positions on the line being challenged and open. Nobody's penciled in and nobody's safe... Earn your spot.

BlueTalon

Reaction score

hawknation2016

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":f6jwqtxa said:
oasis":f6jwqtxa said:
Bradley Sowell is getting the first crack at replacing suspended Cardinals RT Bobby Massie.
Sowell started 12 games at left tackle for Arizona in 2013 but was an absolute train wreck, grading out as Pro Football Focus' worst tackle.
--Mon, Aug 17, 2015
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7784/bradley-sowell

And it was going Sowell...

winner winner chicken dinner

Overseasfan

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I want the third string RT of the Cards to become our starting LT. I wouldn't mind bringing him in as competition but relying on him to start would be a huge gamble.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Not really seeing any overriding reason to get excited. Mostly just qualifiers about "Well, he'll just be competition" and "He lost to a great left tackle" in order to justify one poster's scouting report over the fact that this guy has zero radar presence.

Guess it couldn't hurt, and we've had our share of surprises. But I wouldn't be surprised if Okung beat him out either.

Fade

Reaction score
I think Sowell was the starting LT when Seattle played AZ in the Desert on Thurs Night, and he was owned repeatedly. The next offseason the Cards went and got Jared Veldheer.

The game where Wilson made one of the most impressive plays I have ever seen a QB make.
iu

So no. I wouldn't touch Sowell with a 10 foot pole.