Seahawks bringing in OL Bradley Sowell for visit

xgeoff

Reaction score
firebee":17n5hwc2 said:
jammerhawk":17n5hwc2 said:
Insurance for Okung potentially leaving. All in all probably a RT not a LT but

Long armed (35.5") 6' 675"/325 player of mostly underwhelming production, but a player with some ability. If the price is right I'm ready to move on from Okung if he prices himself out of range.

Watched a lot of film on him when he started for the Cards his rookie year. He's the real deal. Pretty much neutralizes defenders and an absolute mauler in the running game that gets downfield and makes nice combo blocks. Always gets his hands on a pass rusher and if a pass rusher starts to get around the corner on him, he pushes them far enough backfield for a QB to cut out and escape the pocket. Never saw him get beat to the inside. He doesn't let pass rushers get an inside lane, which is critical for the way Russell Wilson plays. Everyone that wants to see the line solidified would be jacked on bringing him in if they watched as much film on him playing for the Cards his rookie year as I have. He is a true LT. Might not be a Joe Thomas or Walter Jones, but I think he'll be a huge upgrade over Okung once he settles into our scheme. He is an absolutely devastating blocker.

I am confused. He was not a starter, right? I thought he was a backup on the depth chart.

OP
OP
McGruff

McGruff

Reaction score
xgeoff":317finr4 said:
firebee":317finr4 said:
jammerhawk":317finr4 said:

Long armed (35.5") 6' 675"/325 player of mostly underwhelming production, but a player with some ability. If the price is right I'm ready to move on from Okung if he prices himself out of range.

Watched a lot of film on him when he started for the Cards his rookie year. He's the real deal. Pretty much neutralizes defenders and an absolute mauler in the running game that gets downfield and makes nice combo blocks. Always gets his hands on a pass rusher and if a pass rusher starts to get around the corner on him, he pushes them far enough backfield for a QB to cut out and escape the pocket. Never saw him get beat to the inside. He doesn't let pass rushers get an inside lane, which is critical for the way Russell Wilson plays. Everyone that wants to see the line solidified would be jacked on bringing him in if they watched as much film on him playing for the Cards his rookie year as I have. He is a true LT. Might not be a Joe Thomas or Walter Jones, but I think he'll be a huge upgrade over Okung once he settles into our scheme. He is an absolutely devastating blocker.

I am confused. He was not a starter, right? I thought he was a backup on the depth chart.

He started in 2013, I think was out of the league in 2014, and was brought back as utility depth in 2015.

firebee

Reaction score
xgeoff":1tpykrvz said:
firebee":1tpykrvz said:
jammerhawk":1tpykrvz said:

He was a starter at left tackle for the Cardinals the last 12 games of the 2013 season, which was his rookie year.

firebee

Reaction score
McGruff":uhgndmtp said:
xgeoff":uhgndmtp said:
firebee":uhgndmtp said:
jammerhawk":uhgndmtp said:

He started in 2013, I think was out of the league in 2014, and was brought back as utility depth in 2015.

He wasn't out of the league in 2014... He was still with the Cards. The Cards had Veldheer at LT and Massie at RT in 2014. He was stuck behind both of them and they both stayed healthy in 2014. Massie went down early in 2015 and Watkins beat Sowell out for the start at RT, though I wonder if Watkins would've beat Sowell out at LT if Veldheer went down. Regardless, the Cards went on to have one of the best lines in the NFL in 2015, so losing the start to a guy that was one of the best at RT in 2015 isn't exactly condemning.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
I like Sowell as he has been on my radar for a month or so. I am not as high on him as firebee. I would not label him as an instant starter at LT. I would like to sign him to see if he can contribute, but the situation is a little tight. Do we offer him low dollar starting money or do we offer him backup money?

firebee

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":3e74tfep said:
I like Sowell as he has been on my radar for a month or so. I am not as high on him as firebee. I would not label him as an instant starter at LT. I would like to sign him to see if he can contribute, but the situation is a little tight. Do we offer him low dollar starting money or do we offer him backup money?

I don't advocate him as an instant starter, but I like the odds of finding a starter at left tackle with him, Gilliam and a draft pick competing for the spot. If Gilliam or a draft pick can outperform him for the start at LT, I'm feeling pretty good about our starter at LT heading into the season.

Latest posts