Seahawks consider drafting QB amid 'positive' Geno Smith talks

NoGain

Reaction score
At the very least he's giving teams something to think about.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Geno could very well be our best starting option for the next two or three years. They may not want to risk drafting a big name QB that has a higher probability of starting soon, and instead of for a guy who can learn behind Geno.

But I dunno shit about scouting and all that.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The one thing that PC and JS have done well is to leave no stone unturned. Whether we hear it in public or not, they do their due diligence. I think Geno's career year and there are so many QB hungry teams, it's great to look at all the options. Seahawks have no QBs on the roster currently - both Smith and Lock are UFAs.

sutz

Reaction score
This time of year, everything said by a GM or a Head Coach should be taken with a grain of salt, a big grain. ;)

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
They would be dumb not to consider a QB. Geno staying or going is not totally in their hands. Gotta keep all options open.

getnasty

Reaction score
If they like any of those top guys at 5 i hope that's the pick. Now with that said I'm not signing Geno for 3 years if we draft s QB at 5.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
This time of year, everything said by a GM or a Head Coach should be taken with a grain of salt, a big grain. ;)
Carroll was trash talking last years QB class, saying that Lock was better than any of them. We didn't take a QB despite having no proven QB on our roster. Surprise, surprise we didn't take a QB.

I absolutely wouldn't be shocked if our 5th overall pick was a more raw QB like Levis or Richardson. Especially if they're not a fan of any of the defensive guys in that position.

Seattle Person

Reaction score
Carroll was trash talking last years QB class, saying that Lock was better than any of them. We didn't take a QB despite having no proven QB on our roster. Surprise, surprise we didn't take a QB.

I absolutely wouldn't be shocked if our 5th overall pick was a more raw QB like Levis or Richardson. Especially if they're not a fan of any of the defensive guys in that position.

Yeah. I think the most Seahawky DLine player outside of Will Anderson is probably Will McDonald.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Damn, i remember being blasted when I said PC and JS would draft a QB. I was called names and all that. Now, he is either trying to make teams ahead nervous or behind or i was correct.

chris98251

Reaction score
Still doubt we take a QB that high, we have a player that will be signed in Geno, the window is probably two to three years before this guy will see the field which means late first or second round earliest in my opinion. Impact Defensive guy is more likely and that's even trading back. We are frugal with how we spend salary when it comes to our draft picks, they better be on the field if we take them that high for a return on investment, even if it is a rotational guy initially.