Seahawks draft needs, what a difference a year makes

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kearly":vsi88sh1 said:
Hasselbeck":vsi88sh1 said:
It really was the worst Hail Mary coverage I have ever seen. Looked like a user catch on Madden

They weren't expecting a hail Mary. There was roughly 10 seconds left on the game clock at the time and ASU only needed about a 15 yard gain to kick a game tying FG. It was an extremely ballsy call by ASU's coaching staff.

7 seconds left, midfield, no timeouts .. it was obviously Hail Mary time.

[youtube]TuUfKmriBxw[/youtube]

Largent80

Reaction score
Even though needs are defined at this point, I think they have to see how the rest of this season pans out before making a definate list. What looks obvious now may not be in the coming weeks.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Tony Pauline on Jaelen Strong today: http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=10237

Arizona State receiver Jaelen Strong receives a lot of attention on the outside as the junior is in the midst of a career campaign. Speak to scouts and you’ll get a different point of view. Many are concerned with his lack of speed, quickness and the struggle he’ll have separating at the next level. Several area scouts have stamped Strong as a third rounder based off the film and many grade Dres Anderson of Utah as a better receiver prospect for the next level.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
I really like WR Tony Lippett, in 3-4 rounds. I do think Jaelen Strong can develop into something special, but I agree in the fact that he will most likely have to rely on skilled route running and length for his separation. Something that is not impossible but will definitely take a lot of development.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I've been adament about focus on the Oline but would we have any oppurtunity at picking Danny Shelton? The kid plays like Warren Sapp.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1s7wgh3o said:
I've been adament about focus on the Oline but would we have any oppurtunity at picking Danny Shelton? The kid plays like Warren Sapp.
Not without trading up and likely quite a ways up. Top-10 pick is a possibility. I'm no draftnik, but it seems obvious this guy goes early

jkitsune

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2p0ackzu said:
brimsalabim":2p0ackzu said:
Not without trading up and likely quite a ways up. Top-10 pick is a possibility. I'm no draftnik, but it seems obvious this guy goes early

My guess is that both Shaq Thompson and Danny Shelton have a legitimate chance to be top-20 picks.

xgeoff

Reaction score
If I'm the Hawks, I do not draft a RB in the top rounds. We got Michael and I agree he doesn't appear to be all that. A lot of early rd RB's are busts. Easy enough to pick up an RB as a free agent.

I would focus on OL/DL throughout the draft.

With a better OL, Christine Michael or a Free Agent RB will be fine.

With a better DL, our already solid LB and DB corps gets better.

I wouldn't go fishing for another WR, or a RB. We have guys who can make plays if they have time. We need a line to give them time.

BTW, anybody know how we lost Jaye Howard? We drafted him, and the next thing I know he's starting for KC and throwing around our OL. What happened?