Seahawks Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seymour

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1an5zoha said:
What I hate about this team is Pete Carrolls unwillingness to take responsibility for the shit we saw last night.

Exactly. I've only seen one person that will still today try to defend that idiotic fake that was destined to fail and had piss poor timing. Pete stands by that, and actually said "It would have been a great call if it worked". Wow Pete, brilliant analogy there. It DIDN'T work dumbass, so what is it really?

He also said "that Tackle wasn't suppose to be there". The tackle was there because Quinn said to watch the fake, and they knew where to be. Out coached again and acting desperate.

He will lose players one by one keeping up this horseshit.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...d-have-been-a-really-good-call-if-we-made-it/\

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/932949593154838529[/tweet]

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ringless":1t4pzjwc said:
Aside from the competitive nature, you guys enjoyed maybe one of the best defenses of all time in successive years. promise you that.

You're right, "enjoyed"..............as in past tense. And when you're expectations are in the present and future tense? Basking in past tense isn't the tense I want to enjoy right now.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I will probably get a lot of hate for this but most Seahawk fans are cluless. We arguably have one of the most annoying and spoiled fan bases. Most Seahawk fans are newer, and don't remember all the losing years before Holmgren.

People calling for Richard and Pete to get fired are off their rocker. If they get fired, then about 25 other teams should fire their coaches. You think this game was bad? 75% of NFL teams have to deal with games like this all the time. We are spoiled. We lose a few games and people act like we are the Bills.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3tr1tbaa said:
Horseshit argument. Find me a fan of a team that would be happy with just making the playoffs every year. It is all about continuously improving and being on the upside. Going to the playoffs and being on the downside is frustrating in its own regards.

Not like we have a coach that is going to be here for another 10 years is it? Might be different if he was.

There are ten teams that haven't made the playoffs since this decade started. They'd be happier than hell to make the playoffs at all, much less every year.

This team has not only made the playoffs, but won a playoff game in 9 of the 12 past seasons. And been to three Super Bowls and won one of them. They aren't just "making the playoffs". That's not a fair statement.

The bulk of almost any fan base would much rather have that than what they have.

The fans of the Bills, Dolphins, Jets, Chargers, Raiders, Bengals, Browns, Jaguars, Titans, Texans, Eagles, Cowboys, Redskins, Rams, Cardinals, 49ers, Vikings, Lions, Bears, Panthers, Falcons, and Bucs would all make a trade for what they have to have a team perennially make the playoffs and have a shot at winning a Super Bowl. Instead they have a range of some success, inconsistent mess, or complete disaster.

The Bills haven't been to a playoff game in 17 years. The Browns in 14. The Rams in 12. The Jaguars and Bucs in 9. The Titans in 8.

The Bengals haven't won a playoff game in 26 years. The Lions in 25. The Bills in 21. The Browns in 19. The Dolphins in 16. The Raiders and Bucs in 14. The Titans in 13. The Rams in 12. The Redskins in 11. The Jaguars in 9. The Eagles in 8. The Vikings in 7. The Jets and Bears in 6. The Giants in 5. The Seahawks have won a playoff game for 5 straight years and been in two Super Bowls.

Ringless is right; the perspective on this team is skewed. I figured this would happen with a lot of people after the Seahawks would win a Super Bowl; I saw it with Patriots fans after they went on that first streak 15 years ago. Anything short of dominance and Super Bowl wins is misery for many fans, and they forget what things were like before.

I'm 40 years old. I can remember Seahawks games from the late 80s. I remember the Oilers loss in the playoffs. After that I was treated to another playoff loss then 14 years of this team only making the playoffs once. This team didn't win a playoff game for 19 seasons. 19 seasons.

I'm not going to wish away what the Seahawks are now, because I don't know the next time they may decide to go on a 20 year crap streak.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
This place is almost unbearable after a loss. Regardless of the loss and what our record is, you will have fans overreacting and asking for coaches to get fired or players to get benched. This forum expects every game to be a win regardless of who we play or the personnel.

The fire Richard crowd would get laughed at by any average NFL fan of another team. We have had the best defense for the past few years. I don't care if you are the greatest coach ever, but if you take away a handful of your starters, you can't overcome that. We are without Chancellor, Avril and Sherman. Those guys are arguably 3 of the top 25 defensive players in the entire NFL. Then take away solid guys like Shaq Griffin and Reed and it puts us in even a bigger hole.

When I hear Seahawk fans cry, it reminds me of over privileged kids whining about how their parents took away their BMW for the weekend because they did something wrong.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1roq8hrz said:
I will probably get a lot of hate for this but most Seahawk fans are cluless. We arguably have one of the most annoying and spoiled fan bases. Most Seahawk fans are newer, and don't remember all the losing years before Holmgren.

People calling for Richard and Pete to get fired are off their rocker. If they get fired, then about 25 other teams should fire their coaches. You think this game was bad? 75% of NFL teams have to deal with games like this all the time. We are spoiled. We lose a few games and people act like we are the Bills.

You're right, we're spoiled, and rightly so.

This team before the season started was one of the favorites to win the SB, so of course when results don't meet expectations fans aren't going to just go "oh golly gee I still love my Hawks no matter what I love you Pete, Bevell, Cable, Richard and Russell!!"

So sorry, that's not clueless. Many of the criticisms of Pete, the staff and the team are valid. If you want to be an eternal optimist with your Hawk colored glasses on? Awesome, good for you.

But some of us would like to be able to be critical of our team. Doesn't mean we're bad fans, just means we had high expectations and we're now pissed off.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":a52tvr06 said:
Hawk-Lock":a52tvr06 said:

This team before the season started was one of the favorites to win the SB, so of course when results don't meet expectations fans aren't going to just go "oh golly gee I still love my Hawks no matter what I love you Pete, Bevell, Cable, Richard and Russell!!"

So sorry, that's not clueless. Many of the criticisms of Pete, the staff and the team are valid. If you want to be an eternal optimist with your Hawk colored glasses on? Awesome, good for you.

But some of us would like to be able to be critical of our team. Doesn't mean we're bad fans, just means we had high expectations and we're now pissed off.

It also means you are lacking in appreciation and perspective when you can see all of the bad and so little of the good.

The team is fighting through a lot of injuries and still has a chance to win the division and compete for a Super Bowl.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawknation2017":3qxx1vvq said:
It also means you are lacking in appreciation and perspective when you can see all of the bad and so little of the good.

The team is fighting through a lot of injuries and still has a chance to win the division and compete for a Super Bowl.

I've been a fan since day one homey, wearing my tattered Zorn jersey until it literally disintegrated in the washer. So sorry, no one's appreciated this run more than me.

Start and positive thread and I'll be positive.

I'm always proud of how hard the Hawks play, that's something Belichick said about us years ago. He said it's the only team he's ever faced that NEVER took a play off no matter what the score is. That's a testament to Pete.

But if there's one thing I can't stand on this forum, it's fans telling other fans how to be fans. You want to be positive, be positive. Some people like to vent, it helps them get through the season.

"Misery loves company" isn't saying for no reason.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3maa2cdq said:
hawknation2017":3maa2cdq said:

I've been a fan since day one homey, wearing my tattered Zorn jersey until it literally disintegrated in the washer. So sorry, no one's appreciated this run more than me.

Start and positive thread and I'll be positive.

I'm always proud of how hard the Hawks play, that's something Belichick said about us years ago. He said it's the only team he's ever faced that NEVER took a play off no matter what the score is. That's a testament to Pete.

But if there's one thing I can't stand on this forum, it's fans telling other fans how to be fans. You want to be positive, be positive. Some people like to vent, it helps them get through the season.

"Misery loves company" isn't saying for no reason.

Sorry, I didn't mean to refer to you personally. I was speaking to the entitled attitude of some fans on this message board more generally. It seems they can see all of the bad without appreciating what is good. Now, they actually want to can Pete Carroll.

:pukeface:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1dsu1r44 said:
Hawk-Lock":1dsu1r44 said:

Our expectations were high when we had a fully healthy team. Do you think Pats fans were expecting a SB when they lost Tom Brady? What about the Ravens last year when they lost nearly their entire defense? The NFL is a battle of attrition. Unfortunately we lost that battle this season. Players play the game, not coaches. Do you realize we basically surrounded Earl with a bunch of cast offs last night in the secondary?

My expectations are realistic. This team is average, we should expect about as many wins as losses going forward. Now if we were fully healthy and lost this game, then I can understand the criticism.

Pete made a bad decision, but you don't fire a coach over one bad decision. Did Bellichek get fired for going for it on 4th down against Peyton Manning's Colts a while ago? No.

I do agree with your statement that fans shouldn't tell others how to feel. I'm just giving my opinion that most Hawk fans are unrealistic and crybabies.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1yl6dllk said:
Cant blame a fan from another team wanting Carroll to stay. Especially a Cardinals fan.

That over the head whistling sound you're hearing, are very catchable baseballs.
You're not getting> IT< because you're not paying attention.
You and many others are hell-bent on dismissing the fact that although we have great players, we don't have the greatest players in ALL the League.
Ringless is pointing out the obvious, that some of Y'all are dismissing, (and arrogantly I might add) that SOME of us won't even miss the water 'til the well runs dry.
The Fantastic plays by once in every FIVE generations players, AND COACHES, will be gone, and we'll only have ourselves to blame for quitting on them in the here and now.

RussB

Reaction score
Agree with everything. I think some fans have just become spoiled over the last few years. But it is true this team is changing and they arent what they used to be. Some of us just get frustrated because we still want them to get that next ring, because most feel this team should have been a dynasty. I cant help but feel like they are underachieving.

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3ksaayg6 said:
Its a bit of a contradiction to say the current players "deserve better" while criticizing the FO for sacrificing some of the future to win now. I'd also suggest that many of the issues with this team can be fixed with better play from those players. Yes, the coaches play a big role in this, and I certainly want to see some changes on that end... but the coaches don't commit the penalties, or suck at blocking, etc.

It's double edged.

100% correct. But when the players that change every season do this at near league leading rates literally year after year after year, the only common denominator is the coach that hires and teaches them their technics and prepares them weekly for each game.

This is the same scenario as a company with very poor quality control problems saying the managers don't inspect and buy off the final product. They sure don't, but they hire the employee that does, and they also train them.

Seymour

Reaction score
Here is a list of the last 10 years of Seahawk penalties.
#32 is worst in NFL in penalties.

2008 #10 4.9 (per game)
2009 #18 5.9
2010 #19 6.1 (first year of PC era)
2011 #31 8.6
2012 #25 6.7
2013 #32 7.9
2014 #32 8.0
2015 #21 7.0
2016 #26 7.2
2017 #32 10.3 (NFL record breaking pace)

This is clearly a Pete Carroll issue that is only getting worse (from last in league to NFL record levels).

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Seymour":1jrcxzfn said:

2008 #10 4.9 (per game)
2009 #18 5.9
2011 #31 8.6
2012 #25 6.7
2013 #32 7.9
2014 #32 8.0
2015 #21 7.0
2016 #26 7.2

This is clearly a Pete Carroll issue that is only getting worse (from last in league to NFL record levels).

It has also been shown that the best teams tend to be the most penalized. We won the NFC championship (and one Super Bowl) in two years in which were last in the league in penalties.

The more you post, the more I think you want us to become the Browns or Whiners.

Seymour

Reaction score
hawknation2017":27pqlmro said:
Seymour":27pqlmro said:

2008 #10 4.9 (per game)
2009 #18 5.9
2011 #31 8.6
2012 #25 6.7
2013 #32 7.9
2014 #32 8.0
2015 #21 7.0
2016 #26 7.2

It has also been shown that the best teams tend to be the most penalized. We won the NFC championship (and one Super Bowl) in two years in which were last in the league in penalties.

The more you post, the more I think you want us to become the Browns or Whiners.

This was not to you, it was to Si that said coaches don't commit penalties. Read that, read my post, and see if you can muster up an intelligent thought for a change.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Seems to me that many on this forum were expecting a 10-6, 11-5 season for the Seahawks this year. This would mean that y'all expected to see 5 or 6 losses before the season even started. The season isn't over yet, although the teams many injuries aren't helping, they can still be in charge of their own fate if some backups can perform as competent starters and NFL parity proves out that the Seahawks aren't the only team struggling to win games. The talk of firing PC is insane because it's not like he is screwing up --consistently-- or even close, so think "not broken, don't fix".

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Seymour":12peekls said:
hawknation2017":12peekls said:
Seymour":12peekls said:

2008 #10 4.9 (per game)
2009 #18 5.9
2011 #31 8.6
2012 #25 6.7
2013 #32 7.9
2014 #32 8.0
2015 #21 7.0
2016 #26 7.2

This was not to you, it was to Si that said coaches don't commit penalties. Read that, read my post, and see if you can muster up an intelligent thought for a change.

I'm saying your point is IRRELEVANT. We had one of the most dominant teams in football from 2013-14, while leading the league in penalties. And multiple studies have shown an inverse correlation between winning and penalties.

Whine, whine, whine. :pukeface:

Status
Not open for further replies.