Seahawks Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seymour

Reaction score
hawknation2017":qqj2gn18 said:
I'm saying your point is IRRELEVANT. We had one of the most dominant teams in football from 2013-14, while leading the league in penalties. And multiple studies have shown an inverse correlation between winning and penalties.

Whine, whine, whine. :pukeface:

It is not irrelevant when Pete admits the problem, vows to fix it 3 games ago and it gets worse. What is irrelevant is anyone's opinion that believes penalties are not hurting this team this season. But don't let that reality get in the way of your rationalizations of failure.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Seymour":10lwrpvd said:
hawknation2017":10lwrpvd said:
I'm saying your point is IRRELEVANT. We had one of the most dominant teams in football from 2013-14, while leading the league in penalties. And multiple studies have shown an inverse correlation between winning and penalties.

Whine, whine, whine. :pukeface:

It is not irrelevant when Pete admits the problem, vows to fix it 3 games ago and it gets worse. What is irrelevant is anyone's opinion that believes penalties are not hurting this team this season. But don't let that reality get in the way of your rationalizations of failure.

You wanted Sherman to "get scorched" and now you want Pete Carroll fired. Same old drama. :177692:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
People are complaining about being the most penalized team regardless of our record. How many teams can say they have made the playoffs 5 straight years in a row, including two Super Bowls.

Once again, this is another over privileged Seahawk fan complaining about the smallest of things. It's no different than the rich complaining about being taxed too much.

Do you know how many teams would switch places with us right now if they could? Probably every team with the exception to the Patriots and maybe a few others.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":34u7sc8q said:
I will probably get a lot of hate for this but most Seahawk fans are cluless. We arguably have one of the most annoying and spoiled fan bases. Most Seahawk fans are newer, and don't remember all the losing years before Holmgren.

People calling for Richard and Pete to get fired are off their rocker. If they get fired, then about 25 other teams should fire their coaches. You think this game was bad? 75% of NFL teams have to deal with games like this all the time. We are spoiled. We lose a few games and people act like we are the Bills.

I am not going to hate on your post. I absolutely agree that many newer seahawks fans are clueless. However, I remember the losing seasons.

Richard, Pete, Bevell, and Cable deserve to be fired if they don't adjust in game or maximize their talent. They have not. How many potential hall of famers are on this roster? Honestly with this roster how many superbowls or superbowl appearances should we have? Do you believe that our coaching staff has maximized our talent? Some coaches are hamstrung with terrible rosters and mediocre players.

How many players can you name on the Bills or the Browns for that matter. I believe Pete is a great players coach. His game plans are garbage. His decision making skills are garbage. We lost to the Redskins at home with half their roster missing.

The defense and Wilson has pulled numerous games out of their butts, it hasn't been this coaching staff.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
bevellisthedevil":1nyctous said:
Hawk-Lock":1nyctous said:
I will probably get a lot of hate for this but most Seahawk fans are cluless. We arguably have one of the most annoying and spoiled fan bases. Most Seahawk fans are newer, and don't remember all the losing years before Holmgren.

People calling for Richard and Pete to get fired are off their rocker. If they get fired, then about 25 other teams should fire their coaches. You think this game was bad? 75% of NFL teams have to deal with games like this all the time. We are spoiled. We lose a few games and people act like we are the Bills.

I am not going to hate on your post. I absolutely agree that many newer seahawks fans are clueless. However, I remember the losing seasons.

Richard, Pete, Bevell, and Cable deserve to be fired if they don't adjust in game or maximize their talent. They have not. How many potential hall of famers are on this roster? Honestly with this roster how many superbowls or superbowl appearances should we have? Do you believe that our coaching staff has maximized our talent? Some coaches are hamstrung with terrible rosters and mediocre players.

How many players can you name on the Bills or the Browns for that matter. I believe Pete is a great players coach. His game plans are garbage. His decision making skills are garbage. We lost to the Redskins at home with half their roster missing.

The defense and Wilson has pulled numerous games out of their butts, it hasn't been this coaching staff.

Many of those players would also not be future Hall of Famers without Pete Carroll. And most of them definitely would not be Seahawks. It's amazing to me that some people don't see that.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
An all time great Buffalo team went to 4 SB and won 0 rings. They then went into such a dumpster fire that they haven't sniffed the playoffs in years.

The current crop of Seahawks fandom is full of entitled whiny millennials that seem to think winning SB's is easy even with an awesome team. News to you guys. There are plenty of very talented teams in the NFL. Most of them only have one ring if that. Teams like GB, Atlanta, NO and Carolina have 1 to 0 rings despite putting out teams that were every bit as talented as our 2013 team.

We all seem to look to NE success and assume you can just go out and win a SB with a bunch of good to great players, year in and year out. Truth is, you need a lot of good fortune to even get to a SB let alone win it. Even as great as NE is, they only have 5 rings in 17 yrs of Brady/Belicheck.

Any fan that understands how truly difficult this sport is, would take consecutive playoff appearances any day. Any 12 should certainly understand this after 35 yrs of futility and a playoff less 1990's. Thank god we had Nirvana and Pearl Jam to bide the time.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I waited 38 years for this team to win a Super Bowl. I often wondered if I would ever experience the top of the mountain. XL was a colossal disappointment that still irritated me. XLVIII was one of the best days of my life. XLIX just plain sucked for what it could have meant. I spent many seasons hoping that one day I would get to AT LEAST see my team play in a Super Bowl.

I got to experience 8 winning seasons out of the first 23 seasons! That was a lot of hoping for a limited amount of success. Since 1976 my fanhood has never wavered. I've had disappointment, anger, joy and jubilation.

The last 19 years have brought 12 winning seasons, 12 trips to the playoffs, and 13 of the teams overall16 playoff victories. 3 Super Bowl appearances.

The anger and hand wringing that this version of Seahawks football mystifies me but doesn't exactly surprise me. What we are seeing in much of the fan base is a microcosm of what we see in the millenials of America...an entitled attitude. Maybe it's because I have lived through the bad years as well as the good years. While a loss disappoints me, I no longer live and die with each victory or loss like I used to. Winning XLVIII brought me so much peace and excitement as a Seahawks fan. To a certain extent i am still basking in the glow of that win.

I still want them to win the NFCWEST, I want them in the playoffs, I want them in the Super Bowl, I want them to win it all. But the biggest thing is, I am enjoying the process...every play....every game...every season. After the FG attempt fell short last night I found myself disappointed in the loss but I also heard myself let out a small chuckle. Not because I was laughing at a loss but because I enjoyed the game. I might have been chuckling at my involvement as much as the absurdity of the loss. I mean, come on, it was straight down the middle...but short. Plus it wouldn't have guaranteed a win any way.

In 5 days I get to watch another game!! Wins are never guaranteed. Winning seasons are never guaranteed. My enjoyment in watching them is virtuly guaranteed!

hawknation2017

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":3pva9l4k said:
I waited 38 years for this team to win a Super Bowl. I often wondered if I would ever experience the top of the mountain. XL was a colossal disappointment that still irritated me. XLVIII was one of the best days of my life. XLIX just plain sucked for what it could have meant. I spent many seasons hoping that one day I would get to AT LEAST see my team play in a Super Bowl.

I got to experience 8 winning seasons out of the first 23 seasons! That was a lot of hoping for a limited amount of success. Since 1976 my fanhood has never wavered. I've had disappointment, anger, joy and jubilation.

The last 19 years have brought 12 winning seasons, 12 trips to the playoffs, and 13 of the teams overall16 playoff victories. 3 Super Bowl appearances.

The anger and hand wringing that this version of Seahawks football mystifies me but doesn't exactly surprise me. What we are seeing in much of the fan base is a microcosm of what we see in the millenials of America...an entitled attitude. Maybe it's because I have lived through the bad years as well as the good years. While a loss disappoints me, I no longer live and die with each victory or loss like I used to. Winning XLVIII brought me so much peace and excitement as a Seahawks fan. To a certain extent i am still basking in the glow of that win.

I still want them to win the NFCWEST, I want them in the playoffs, I want them in the Super Bowl, I want them to win it all. But the biggest thing is, I am enjoying the process...every play....every game...every season. After the FG attempt fell short last night I found myself disappointed in the loss but I also heard myself let out a small chuckle. Not because I was laughing at a loss but because I enjoyed the game. I might have been chuckling at my involvement as much as the absurdity of the loss. I mean, come on, it was straight down the middle...but short. Plus it wouldn't have guaranteed a win any way.

In 5 days I get to watch another game!! Wins are never guaranteed. Winning seasons are never guaranteed. My enjoyment in watching them is virtuly guaranteed!

Wow, great post!

essonto

Reaction score
I don't post often because of this BS. I love this team, I've been a real fan since the beginning. I remember the playoff win in Miami. I suffered for so many years, but never thought anything but that the Seahawks were my team. We went to a Superbowl and lost in brutal fashion. We went again and WON! I never thought that would happen in my lifetime. We went back the next year and almost won again.

Point is, this is the best Seahawks streak we'll ever know. RW is an all-time talent. We are seeing unprecedented greatness out of this young man. We still have a window for greatness, just like any great team, we just need to ride it out.

This year is not over by any stretch. Watch and be amazed. And for god's sake, stop the whining.

ducks41468

Reaction score
Each season needs to be evaluated in its own context and in the context of the relevant era. I'm really tired of the argument that we should shut up and stop whining just because back in 1863 we went 0-57 and lost every game by 100+ points with players and coaches who have no affiliation to the organization in it's current incarnation, and I'm equally tired of the comparisons to other organizations that each have their own unique set of circumstances.

The reality is that, in the last few seasons and especially this year, the team has greatly underperformed given the amount of talent that is on the roster. The constant penalties, barely squeaking out wins against cellar-dwellars, mental errors, home losses, etc. We absolutely should've had at least one more title with this group. The roster's been stacked for like 5 years.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Omg I just love these Ridiculous how to be a fan posts

Status
Not open for further replies.