Seahawks get Super Bowl rings today?!

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
BlueThunder":25vwe7vk said:
kidhawk":25vwe7vk said:
As for costs, everything I've read puts the price tag at around $5,000 each.

Only 5 grand? With 183 diamonds, as well as the white gold and saphires and emerald? Hell, for a mere 5 grand, if I had a little extra money laying around I might pull the trigger on that. That figure just can't be right...

Bulk discount??

Yeah, everything I've ever read about the rings said that if the team wants more rings than want they're given by the NFL, it's 5k each. Definitely worth the investment for the janitor or the chef at the VMAC if they can get their hands on one.

dutchman063

Reaction score
Hawks46":ythhwwiu said:
Would I sound like an a-hole if I said I was a bit disappointed in how they looked ?

I was envisioning blue and green on the logo, which is easily achievable with gemstones.

Looking at other SB rings, some have plenty of color on them. The Seahawk logo looks a bit white washed with all the diamonds.

But hey, not trying to be a downer. It's awesome that the Hawks got a ring, and the ring is good looking (I just thought it could look better).

Agreed, wasnt impressed at first glance, but its growin on me

bigwrm

Reaction score
kidhawk":3gabnp2d said:
As for costs, everything I've read puts the price tag at around $5,000 each. The NFL pays for up to 150 of them and if the team wants to give out more, they have to foot the bill for the remainder

The rings likely cost a lot more than that. $5000 is just the max that the NFL contributes for each of the first 150 rings, meaning the team picks up the remaining cost for the first 150, and the full cost of any additional rings.

Edit: Actually according to this article (http://www.bankrate.com/financing/wealt ... ing-worth/) the jeweler usually picks up any extra costs, I guess for the publicity.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":qhclisep said:
Yeah, everything I've ever read about the rings said that if the team wants more rings than want they're given by the NFL, it's 5k each. Definitely worth the investment for the janitor or the chef at the VMAC if they can get their hands on one.

Those are the rings that find themselves on the "open market"....not the ones owned by the players themselves. Unless, of course, they turn into a scum bag and sell it for "extenuating circumstances".