Gio

Gio

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":y4cw5adx said:
Gio":y4cw5adx said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1350430702798573573[/tweet]

Not sure why he would choose to become an OC , when he can find a HC job.m :?:
He’s from this area.

Oh i see. If Pete thinks Doug is the guy and Doug wants to become an OC. I'm fine with that.

chris98251

Reaction score
Wrong Pederson. should try to pull Chris in.

What kind of Run game has Doug ever installed that worked, Lynn also failed in that regard.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1o8in1us said:
Gio":1o8in1us said:

He’s from this area.

Yep. Born in Bellingham, grew up in Ferndale.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
chris98251":1362kqpj said:

What kind of Run game has Doug ever installed that worked, Lynn also failed in that regard.

What run game worked? Maybe the one which ranked 3rd in the league when he led the Eagles to their only Super Bowl victory against Belichick....I think that worked pretty well

onepicknick1

Reaction score
I couldn't even imagine that going from a simple Offense to an exciting Offense watching Russ work in an Offense where you never know what he is going to do.I Don't know much about him but he took two very average QB's and made them look good, Imagine what he could do with a HOF QB.

chris98251

Reaction score
ludakrishna":9yrftful said:
chris98251":9yrftful said:

What run game worked? Maybe the one which ranked 3rd in the league when he led the Eagles to their only Super Bowl victory against Belichick....I think that worked pretty well

My bad, I was more aware of his Passing game, never thought of him as much of a Running game type OC, but his teams did well mostly, now was that him or the OC he had in Philly is the question. I know he called the offense mostly. Frank Reich was the OC that year. Mike Groh after.

keasley45

Reaction score
No thanks on Pedersen. He didn't exactly light up the place with the eagles O over the last few years. And Wentz underperformed with him calling plays as well. Wentz does not equal Russ, but their struggles in diagnosing defenses and hitting open receivers are shared. Don't see why we would hire a coach to help get Russ back on track that failed doing exactly that in his previous stint.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Pederson won a super bowl with Nick Foles at qb for goodness sakes. He's by far and away our best option. He'll he may still get a head coaching job

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1odkp5vs said:
Gio":1odkp5vs said:

He’s from this area.
Plus, he could possibly be the Head Coach if & when Pete Carroll retires, couldn't ask for a smoother transition.

CPHawk

Reaction score
keasley45":118pfus9 said:
No thanks on Pedersen. He didn't exactly light up the place with the eagles O over the last few years. And Wentz underperformed with him calling plays as well. Wentz does not equal Russ, but their struggles in diagnosing defenses and hitting open receivers are shared. Don't see why we would hire a coach to help get Russ back on track that failed doing exactly that in his previous stint.

Maybe Wentz was never that good to begin with? Mirer was solid for a year also, then he flopped from there as the NFL adjusted to him. He did win the SB with Foles, who is at best average backup QB.

keasley45

Reaction score
gowazzu02":ph4mvodr said:
Pederson won a super bowl with Nick Foles at qb for goodness sakes. He's by far and away our best option. He'll he may still get a head coaching job

It wasn't just Nick Folks. It was a strong defense and a solid running game.

I get a team slipping some, but the eagles have become a dumpster fire.

chris98251

Reaction score
Frank Reich was the OC, he is doing pretty good in Indy, but since he left the Eagles have spiraled.

Why I say was it Pederson or Reich.

keasley45

Reaction score
chris98251":1gtwylon said:
Frank Reich was the OC, he is doing pretty good in Indy, but since he left the Eagles have spiraled.

Why I say was it Pederson or Reich.

Good point

keasley45

Reaction score
CPHawk":1dth36wu said:
keasley45":1dth36wu said:

Maybe Wentz was never that good to begin with? Mirer was solid for a year also, then he flopped from there as the NFL adjusted to him. He did win the SB with Foles, who is at best average backup QB.

Could 1000% be wrong but I don't think it's the case of Wentz being a one hit wonder. There are mitigating circumstances the biggest of which is the hit to his confidence. Foles replaced him twice and almost won two titles. He signs a fat contract and that, I think made things worse. Kid had the pressure of proving he was as good as Foles, and that he was worth his contract.

The perennial injury proneness hasn't helped either.

Looking at Russ, I absolutely think he's a phenom. But I tbink he's been a bit shell shocked himself from all the hits. He too by virtue of media chatter or the myth he's created of himself, or the contract, or odd criticism from teammates, is also under constant pressure to nit just be good, but superhuman.

Both men have struggled to do what they are perfectly capable of doing. Both, I think, are carrying too much on their shoulders. The need to get back to it just being the pads.

That's a lot for the incoming OC to work through. Pederson already failed once. Don't want him near Russ.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
keasley45":krzmcqax said:
gowazzu02":krzmcqax said:

It wasn't just Nick Folks. It was a strong defense and a solid running game.

I get a team slipping some, but the eagles have become a dumpster fire.

Yes a good d and running game, sure.. but its not like they were the 2000s ravens or our lob or the 80s bears...he won a super bowl with nick folks. The same guy who got beat out by gardner minshew and mitch trubisky......super bowl win. Witg nick foles.

Latest posts