Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3tghkeoa said:
Tech Worlds":3tghkeoa said:
I am down here.

Nothing fun within walking distance. Pretty much sucks

Is there a bar in that hotel?

I am staying at the quality Inn. Nothing here. I am down at Buffalo wild wings on kirby. But it's not close at all.

I am just not seeing anything interesting by there.

I think the hotel everyone else is staying at has a bar and I will probably check that out.

But this is nothing like seattles stadium district

NastyNate

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":rlhpd3hp said:
HoustonHawk82":rlhpd3hp said:
Tech Worlds":rlhpd3hp said:
I am down here.

I am staying at the quality Inn. Nothing here. I am down at Buffalo wild wings on kirby. But it's not close at all.

I think the hotel everyone else is staying at has a bar and I will probably check that out.

Houston is a massive sprawling city, you're not gonna have much within walking distance from there. Best bet now is to head down the street to the big easy on kirby. Kick ass blues joint.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":79qch7dp said:
HoustonHawk82":79qch7dp said:
Tech Worlds":79qch7dp said:
I am down here.

If you are at a BWW you are definitely not anywhere near a Seahawk Stadium experience. I think we're spoiled.

NastyNate

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1gbdoetl said:
Tech Worlds":1gbdoetl said:
HoustonHawk82":1gbdoetl said:
Tech Worlds":1gbdoetl said:
I am down here.

If you are at a BWW you are definitely not anywhere near a Seahawk Stadium experience. I think we're spoiled.

If you imagine driving from Everett to Tacoma, that's about the size of Houston. It's a huge sprawling city. Our basketball and baseball stadiums are in the walking distance environments, Reliant arena not so much.

NastyNate

Reaction score
If any of you guys are in the Houston area tomorrow I'm headed to the Karbach brewery at 5 with my girlfriend and daughter in tow. Would be entertaining to meet some of yall traitors as this is one of the few games I can't attend this year. Karbach is one of the few Houston breweries that can come close to that wonderful NW brew I fell in love with when I lived up there.

Subzero717

Reaction score
NastyNate":26ne3wu8 said:
CALIHAWK1":26ne3wu8 said:
Tech Worlds":26ne3wu8 said:
HoustonHawk82":26ne3wu8 said:
Tech Worlds said:
I am down here.

If you imagine driving from Everett to Tacoma, that's about the size of Houston. It's a huge sprawling city. Our basketball and baseball stadiums are in the walking distance environments, Reliant arena not so much.

I get it. Stadiums are typically built in areas like that for tailgating and more importantly Super Bowl support. We in the PNW have zero chance of SB so our stadium is able to be smack in the middle of the central area.

seahawks08

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1yejqpay said:
Let's let folks have an evening to get off work and chime in, then we'll make the call tomorrow evening.

A thought:
We stick with plan "A", then send a couple recon scouts over to BWW, check it out, then report back. Bart is right, they are in close proximity.

"Both" sounds good. The scenery will be better at TP's, but the scene of a 120 12's wearing our favorite colors would look pretty good too!

I like this plan, I have a feeling plan A will be more fun with our close knit group, but we can definitely go, take a picture for the record and then come back or something.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":12m8b1xf said:
I am down here.

Check your PMs I've sent you my cell # in case you need anything.

This goes for all the traveling crew. PM me when you get a chance and I'll give you my #. In case anything changes or you get in a bind.

Largent80

Reaction score
RockHawk":37khb8d4 said:
Guys, due to a sudden death in my family I wont be making the trip. Please give my regards to everyone that makes it and have fun.

Love and Light my friend...

seahawks08

Reaction score
pmedic920":x387uwp3 said:
Tech Worlds":x387uwp3 said:
I am down here.

Check your PMs I've sent you my cell # in case you need anything.

This goes for all the traveling crew. PM me when you get a chance and I'll give you my #. In case anything changes or you get in a bind.
Great, just PM'd you

pmedic920

Reaction score
Anybody that may be in town tonight and looking for something to do. The Yankees are in town to play the Astros. Tickets will be cheap. And easy to come by.

Edit: looks like they may be doing a little farewell thing for M.Rivera, if you are into that kind of thing.

pmedic920

Reaction score
My wife keeps finding little bits of info. This in regards to the group meeting at BWWs.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380304481099309

She also said there is local Seattle news crew attending. I'll post when I can find out what station they are affiliated with.

Edit for added info. KPCQ= Q13 fox.

A

Anonymous

Ok, I was just asked a question about tailgating policy at Reliant Stadium on game days.

The following is a link to that policy on their website:

http://www.houstontexans.com/gameday/ta ... olicy.html

In a nutshell:
No one will be allowed onto Reliant property on game day without a game ticket OR a tailgate guest pass. Apparently, in the past there has been problems with fans of other teams showing up to hassle people in the tailgate lots that had no connection to a ticket holder and/or had no ticket to the event.