Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1oh73z72 said:
Hey Dom, R U heading to NASA today?

Went to Moody Gardens instead. Just got back to hotel.

Is anyone here yet? If so pm me and we can exchange numbers. I am considering downtown tonight if I can rally some of you guys.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Anybody else arriving IAH Saturday around noon? I get in at about 12:05 and, from what I can gather, transport options to hotel are super shuttle which must be booked in advance for about $25 or a cab for about $50.

pmedic920

Reaction score
bestfightstory":gg0w3cpa said:
Anybody else arriving IAH Saturday around noon? I get in at about 12:05 and, from what I can gather, transport options to hotel are super shuttle which must be booked in advance for about $25 or a cab for about $50.

I think I will be in the area of the airport about that time, heading to hotel. PM me for phone # and shoot me a text before you hail a cab.

NastyNate

Reaction score
I'm hanging with some of you traitors at Karbach brewery, classy fan base. Let me know if yall need travel recommendations.

A

Anonymous

NastyNate":2rgugt15 said:
I'm hanging with some of you traitors at Karbach brewery, classy fan base. Let me know if yall need travel recommendations.

Traitors?

What's up with that Nate?

509hawk

Reaction score
Flying out tomorrow morning at 7:50. Anyone know some good places to eat near the stadium?

Subzero717

Reaction score
Just got here at the Crowne. They lost my luggage. I should say the dude at the rental car shuttle said to be very careful and aware. He said there has been some "incidents." Make of it what you will. Maybe some residents can brush it off as nonsense.

pmedic920

Reaction score
509hawk":1maceu57 said:
Flying out tomorrow morning at 7:50. Anyone know some good places to eat near the stadium?

Just south of the stadium, across 610 there are a couple of good places for lunch and dinner. Papadaeux Cajun seafood and Papacitos upscale mexican. There is also a Joe's crab shack a little further west. North of the stadium there is an OliveGarden. Several others near by as well. My wife and I like the PaPa bros. places alot. See the pin in pic for them.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380332556692854

The hotel is under the TX in the banner. The stadium is obvious.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":nqfwja93 said:
Just got here at the Crowne. They lost my luggage. I should say the dude at the rental car shuttle said to be very careful and aware. He said there has been some "incidents." Make of it what you will. Maybe some residents can brush it off as nonsense.

I'm in the hotel bar. Where are you at?

Subzero717

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2z9g65o5 said:
CALIHAWK1":2z9g65o5 said:

I'm in the hotel bar. Where are you at?

At Papsitos eating. I'll be back in twenty minutes. Shuttle picks me up at 9:30.

HouTex

Reaction score
To all those who arrived early and wanted to get out and "explore" the city, i must say Houston is a city where a car is almost a must. The Relaint area isn't really designed as an "entertainment" district. There isn't really a "center" of Houston but several "areas". DT is business heavy with some bars and night life mixed in. THere are some nice restaurants in and around Market Square.

NastyNate

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3q96vt5u said:
NastyNate":3q96vt5u said:

Traitors?

What's up with that Nate?
Once game weekend gets here it's on! Just playing... I met a couple named Mike and Kaylin who flew in from Seattle, very nice people. Let me know if yall are in need of ideas of what to see or do while in town.

seahawks08

Reaction score
At SeaTac now. Flight leaves at 5:50 am, will reach Houston at noon and at Crown plaza around 1:30 pm. Who wants to drink then, first drinks on me. I will watch this thread once I reach there.

A

Anonymous

I just made a run to the Shell station for a spot of fuel and some sundries. While in line at the register, the clerk remarks to a patron regarding his matching Texans hat and shirt. He inquired as to whether the gentleman was lucky enough to be in attendance at tomorrow's game.

As the garb-wearing fan reached for his wallet, he lets out a sigh and says "nope, gave my tickets to my neighbor so he could take his kid". The clerk then remarks on how selfless that gesture was, and he is going to miss an awesome game. Another sigh from dude as he collects his change. "I know, but the boy has cancer and may not get another chance". "Wow" says the clerk "that's a cool thing you did there". The guy just smiles and heads for the door.

"Wait", a woman's voice erupts from behind me, "you can take our tickets". She reaches in her purse, pulls out two tickets, what looked to be a parking pass, and hands them to dude. "You take these and have a good time. We have something that came up anyway". After a lot of "are you sure"'s, dude walks out with a smile on his face.

As I'm at the counter the attention is squarely focused on this lady and her gesture. "Our son passed away three years ago of cancer, we'll stay home and watch the game".

How cool is that?