Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'

A

Anonymous

Don't know how I missed Matt, been meaning to update my eyeglasses prescription...

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I have a profound hangover. After the steak dinner I snuck into the pool for a late night swim, and then I passed out. Now I'm sitting in Terminal A trying to drink this hangover away. Sorry I lost you guys after the game...not sure what happened.

Let me also add my thanks for the great hospitality from pmed and HH. Amazing!

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
bestfightstory":hh3429uq said:
I credit myself with picking Houston as the game to attend for the annual .NET roadtrip. It turned out to be a damn memorable weekend and game.

I'm sure people are going to be dropping in here to say hi and thanks and share their experiences of the trip. Just want to just quickly say Thank you to Lon and Scott.

INCREDIBLY THOUGHTFUL HOSTS

Everybody appreciated your generosity and efforts.

MysterMatt is fine. He made it to the game and bought me a steak dinner sometime around midnight. Somehow we stayed up and out and drank until the bar closed AGAIN. That's a full weekend of non-stop drinking.

How do I do it?

Not sure but I'll be doing it again next weekend in Indy.

Met a lot of great new people. Including Sherm's mom.

And I didn't offend anyone (that I know of) except for Seatown and TechWorlds but they're my bros so I have a chance to win back their love.
Go Hawks!

You severely offended me more than once. I just don't quite remember how.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Echoeing others, thanks so much to Lon and Scott for all of their efforts to provide a spectacular meet/greet on Saturday night and a killer tailgate function in the heart of Texan territory on Sunday morning.

I can't say enough what an awesome fan base the Texans have. They truly made me feel at home amongst friends, even though we root for opposing teams.

pmedic920

Reaction score
You guys drink like a bunch of ???? somethings. I had to carry almost 5 cases of beer home. Scott took home 4-5 coolers of iced down beer home.

Just kidding. I know y'all did your best and I know everybody got their fill. If not, its your own fault. I had a blast and I'm so glad you came. If we ever get the chance to do it in Houston again, let's shoot for double the size group.

A

Anonymous

I lost count of how many Texans fans stopped in to hang out and BS with us while we were tailgating. The group that gave us those huge trash-bags and loaned us the cooking tools that I forgot to bring. The folks to the east of us frying-up the Mexican style fajitas that smelled so good. The two women wearing the mardi gras beads. The really drunk guy that... wait, they all were drunk. Just one big party.

Ahhh, the memories...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I will set aside a jar. In this jar will go spare bills I have in my pocket. The jar will be called ANNUAL NET ROAD TRIP 2014.

Sorry in advance, but Aros is going next year. LONG overdue.

A

Anonymous

I have one regret, though... (or just forgot to find out...)

Nick and I ran into BFS in line outside the gate and had the pleasure of climbing the endless ramps with him to the upper levels. Along the way he told us about all the games he had been to over the years, all over this great land too. Dude is a road game MONSTER. I was taken by one of his jobs as a counselor for youth-gone-bad. Can't say enough about this guy, so cool on so many levels. And that beard is awesome! Makes me want to grow one.

After all of that, I didn't get an explanation of the "glitter over knives" rank...

pmedic920

Reaction score
Am I the only one that is still hoarse. I may have permanently damaged my vocal cords. Even my neck muscles are sore from straining wile yelling. Best time ever. GoHawks

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
pmedic920":2cqgpa76 said:
Am I the only one that is still hoarse. I may have permanently damaged my vocal cords. Even my neck muscles are sore from straining wile yelling. Best time ever. GoHawks
No doubt. I heard you trying to say "Drink up, I don't want to transport all of this booze" but it was a hoarse whisper.

My voice box recovered late last night.

I truly suck.

pmedic920

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":1dy5s0m7 said:
pmedic920":1dy5s0m7 said:
No doubt. I heard you trying to say "Drink up, I don't want to transport all of this booze" but it was a hoarse whisper.

I truly suck.

Well at least we finish off the punch. I poured the last 3 cups for a couple of distraught Texan fans. I hope they made it home. They told me they weren't driving.

Liderside

Reaction score
pmedic920":2dadobt9 said:
LudwigsDrummer":2dadobt9 said:
pmedic920":2dadobt9 said:

I truly suck.

Well at least we finish off the punch. I poured the last 3 cups for a couple of distraught Texan fans. I hope they made it home. They told me they weren't driving.

Yep, voice is wasted this morning. Permanent damage yet to be determined.

drdiags

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3dd7ddvr said:

Nick and I ran into BFS in line outside the gate and had the pleasure of climbing the endless ramps with him to the upper levels. Along the way he told us about all the games he had been to over the years, all over this great land too. Dude is a road game MONSTER. I was taken by one of his jobs as a counselor for youth-gone-bad. Can't say enough about this guy, so cool on so many levels. And that beard is awesome! Makes me want to grow one.

After all of that, I didn't get an explanation of the "glitter over knives" rank...

BFS is known for his zeal in taking Seahawks colored glitter and showering his friends with it at Temple or other gatherings. The knife thing was an unfortunate incident in which he was attempting to play peacemaker between a Vikings and Packers fan in a bar dispute. Lief had calmed things down and was stepping outside for a breath of air when one of the combatants followed him out and knifed him. It was in the news and made national headlines.

I think Lief opted not to press charges but it was a very deep and traumatic injury. He shared pictures with his friends. All can laugh about it now but it was insane that someone would attack a peacemaker after the fact and in a cowardly manner, almost taking the man's life. BFS is a complex yet worldly guy.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
drdiags":1a6786bk said:
HoustonHawk82":1a6786bk said:

BFS is known for his zeal in taking Seahawks colored glitter and showering his friends with it at Temple or other gatherings. The knife thing was an unfortunate incident in which he was attempting to play peacemaker between a Vikings and Packers fan in a bar dispute. Lief had calmed things down and was stepping outside for a breath of air when one of the combatants followed him out and knifed him. It was in the news and made national headlines.

I think Lief opted not to press charges but it was a very deep and traumatic injury. He shared pictures with his friends. All can laugh about it now but it was insane that someone would attack a peacemaker after the fact and in a cowardly manner, almost taking the man's life. BFS is a complex yet worldly guy.

You guys are both too kind.

Without getting into great detail, the Dr's description is mostly accurate. The county did file charges, though, and the guy plead guilty and plea bargained his way down to a year in confinement to avoid going to trial.

What I did not do is file a civil suit against him or the bar. And while I regret not doing so, at times. (some ca$h would be great) my rationale at the time was sitting and watching his parents in court. They seemed like very kind people and haunted people, who were clearly experiencing great suffering because of their son's choices. They would sit huddled together and at times his mother would tilt her head back and stare at the ceiling and shake her head as if appealing to God. I just wanted to move on from the guy and the whole event as quickly as I could, and not let it take power over my life and my approach to life. It wasn't a great experience, though.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Seriously an amazing time. Definitely one of the best weekends of my life, not to mention the game was beyond incredible.

It was a pleasure being able to share beers (who invited the Husky fans? We all know that's the REAL reason the alcohol wasn't finished. Next time bring some of your Coug friends!), laughs, and sweet f'n victory with everyone! I seriously am humbled and honored being able to share such an great experience with such outstanding people.

I'll get into it in a little more detail, hopefully tomorrow, but I just wanted to put this out there before I head to work.

Oh, and Lon and Scott did an UNREAL job as hosts. Your efforts and hospitality are something that I'll never forget. Thank you so much guys, it was a pleasure meeting you and your loved ones. You've successfully achieved legendary and heroic 12th man status!

:thirishdrinkers:

Subzero717

Reaction score
I already dropped a quick note on this subject but again would like to say how great this trip was. Seeing everyone and meeting new folks was very nice. The people of Houston were AMAZING from the get go. At the stadium, at the local bars and everywhere in between. (The distance between those two places was extremely short over that weekend. :thirishdrinkers: ) I would also again like to thank HH and Pmed for their hospitality. I would also like to thank BFS for scheming up this location for an adventure. Thanks again everyone and I hope that this becomes an annual event again.