Seahawks may be featured on HBO's "Hard Knocks"

BlueTalon

Reaction score
253hawk":1bh4t5dl said:
Cartire":1bh4t5dl said:
I don't want it out of sheer principle. The NFL doesn't want us on TV at home for prime time games, but it wants to give Hard Knocks exclusive access so they can profit from that angle. Eff that noise.
QFT!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
chrispy":khbdm6t3 said:
It would definitely be difficult, but it would also be pretty cool to see the things we just hear about:
ET mentoring the 4th round DB
Russ in the film room/weight room
Sherm and his new dance moves after a pick
Late round rookies that step up- Bailey and Bowie
Cable and his next OL project

I think the Seahawks should hire Mike Rob to be the HardKnocks consultant. (Or actually, HBO should hire him regardless of what team does HardKnocks.) He should have the ability to edit out any material that he thinks could be detrimental to the team. PC/JS could lay out some ground rules ahead of the filming and he could enforce those ground rules. Both HBO and the team would respect his authority. It'd give him some good experience too. The team trusts him to keep their best interests as the highest priority.

If the Hawks were on HardKnocks, I might have to start paying for TV....
From what I understand the team itself has the rights to last edit. Meaning it can control what is actually shown.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
All this is neat.. but Clayton is wrong as per the usual.

Also the NFL can actually force a team to do it even if they do not want to. But the Seahawks would not be one of those teams because they made the playoffs last year.

The Bills, Bears, Cardinals, Giants, Jaguars, Raiders, Rams, and Steelers can each be drafted to accept the assignment under rules that the NFL passed last year.

All other teams fall within one of the three exemptions: (1) teams that have appeared on Hard Knocks in the last 10 years; (2) teams with new head coaches; and (3) teams that have made the playoffs in either of the last two years.

Translation: The Seahawks will not be on Hard Knocks.

City Of Reign

Reaction score
If this did actually happen, I'd hate to be the guy whose sole responsibility was to keep C-Mike from rapping about the reefer. Just doesn't seem to be possible. He'd be fired in under 15 minutes, world record for shortest employment.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I would hope they would pass, even though I really enjoy Hark Knocks. Just the potential to be a distraction worries me. Although, doesn't the NFL have new rules that limit who can be considered for the show? Like if you were in the playoffs the year before, you cannot be chosen.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Cartire":33i0jhzm said:
Lol at you guys who don't want it because of the possible distraction. This game is still entertainment. Not trying to find the cure for cancer. The hawks on hard knocks would be amazing. It would be the real rob report with better production and more coaches. It would be epic.

I'm more entertained by the team focusing on winning games and not on playing to cameras or having to consider how something they do or say is going to come across on a TV show.

But to each their own, I guess.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I would love to see this team on Hard Knocks, and I don't buy into the overblown "It's a distraction" thing.

Strike while the iron is hot. The Seahawks have gained a lot of national following and fans over the past couple of years and could gain even more if they were to appear on the show. I dunno about you but I want to see as many 12s from cost to coast as possible.

Not really sure what everyone is afraid of. Some cameras? because the spotlight has been really tough on these guys so far. . .

rigelian

Reaction score
I don't know the answer to this, but the impression I get is that teams don't do as well as expected after being on Hard Knocks.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
usually because hard knocks wants to go where there's likely to be controversy and drama.

In this case I think they'd love seattle just because of the atmosphere.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
"I think it's really neat for the fans, but it's just not appropriate for us," Schneider told 710 ESPN Seattle in 2012, citing among other things how he wouldn't want contract negotiations playing out in public the way they did with the Jets and cornerback Darrelle Revis in 2010.

Schneider added: "I apologize to the people that want us to do it, but I think those people would rather have us win games."

Coach Pete Carroll shared similar sentiments around the same time.

"That's just not going to suit what we're trying to get done here," Carroll told the NFL Network. "I think it's a great show, I love watching it ... I just don't want to put that in the middle of our process. We're trying to win football games and hopefully we can entertain that way than rather on the show. It's just not our style here."

Source: http://mynorthwest.com/292/2511516/All- ... ard-Knocks

Basis4day

Reaction score
It worked out so well for all the other teams that appeared on it.

Nope. Just say no. Don't want the hawks on that show.

When they best reason you can come up with for doing something is saying it would be "awesome", you should always pass.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2dke587g said:
usually because hard knocks wants to go where there's likely to be controversy and drama.

In this case I think they'd love seattle just because of the atmosphere.
Much as I share your opinion and it would be fun I would rather they decline if they have the option. Even though they have total control of what's shown. I don't like the results of the previous team's seasons call me superstitious.

chris98251

Reaction score
There is no way we are on it, as stated playoff teams are out, let alone the SB teams who have less off season then anyone, dealing with the distractions and stuff is work, teams have said as much.

I think that you may have heard that the Seahawks will be holding an active classroom in the school of Hard Knocks coming this season.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I think there is merit to the distraction argument, but the real reason I don't want the Seahawks on Hard Knocks is that I don't want other teams seeing the formula for our success.

minormillikin

Reaction score
The Terrell Pryor angle alone would make for an entertaining season of Hard Knocks.