Seahawks might return to the AFC WEST?

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
I'd be all for us switching conferences upon two conditions: We do it next year, while we still have a dynasty and they give Seattle a Super Bowl, or two. Or three, I'm not greedy.

We've got unfinished business in the AFC West and some overdue butt kicking. Trouncing Denver was beautiful and epic karma, but I want to trounce them all year long.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HawkMark1976":30qe4xii said:
I heard yesterday on the ESPN Seattle 770AM interview with John Clayton that once a team or two moves to Los Angles a team from NFC West might have to move to AFC west. He and the 2 Interviewers agreed Seattle would be the natural choice to move! I disagree totally. Did Clayton forget those many bad years when Seattle would go 0-8 or 2-6 when playing KC, Denver, Chargers and Raiders twice a year? :(

I pray the Seahawks stay in the NFC West for the next 100 years. :D
Clayton is talking out his ass as usual. The deal is the Seahawks will never move because they moved to the AFCW in the first place for that guarantee. They were always supposed to be in the NFCW end of story.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
HawkMark1976":314w88q0 said:
I heard yesterday on the ESPN Seattle 770AM interview with John Clayton that once a team or two moves to Los Angles a team from NFC West might have to move to AFC west. He and the 2 Interviewers agreed Seattle would be the natural choice to move! I disagree totally. Did Clayton forget those many bad years when Seattle would go 0-8 or 2-6 when playing KC, Denver, Chargers and Raiders twice a year? :(

I pray the Seahawks stay in the NFC West for the next 100 years. :D

i agree i hate everything about the afc west.i only started following them because they moved to the nfc.

Boom84

Reaction score
Hearing this some time ago, there was thought the Raiders would agree to move to the NFC swapping spots with the Seahawks, but that only had merit as Al Davis and Lamar Hunt of the old AFL days have passed recently; leaving just the Spanos family as old guard of the AFC West as it was assembled for many years (Bolen bought the Broncos in 1984). If both men were still alive, this story would not have made it to print or laughed off Twitter in my opinion. It would be blasphemous for the Raiders to leave the division, just as it would for say the Bears, Packers, Cowboys, Browns, Steelers to leave theres.

With Seattle coming into the AFC West last, it would make sense to ask them to move back, but at this point the team is building quite a history in the NFC West winning the division 7 of the 13 years in it's current format and making three Super Bowl appearance including 1 championship (which easily could have been three). I'd prefer the domination of this division to continue. Besides it's much more fun to punch the 49ers and the Dork family in the ***k and eat turkey on their 50 yard line than the any other team presently in the the AFC West...

If this stadium deal with the Raider-Chargers does in a crazy scenario somehow happen, I'd rather see the Raiders swap with the Cardinals as it eliminates a rather crappy road tip to Glendale, replacing it with a trip to LaLa land and restores a NorCal-SoCal rivalry with the 49ers and Raiders which could add to the the intrigue of the new division (Seahawks-49ers, 49ers-Raiders, 49ers-Rams, then Seahawks-Raider Raiders-Rams as legacy division, city co-habitant rivals). That might work quite well... :)

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Move the Rams and Raiders both back to LA, leave San Diego as is.

No realignment needed and less travel for Us...The Pride of the NFL.

Phteven

Reaction score
irocdave":2kd8i6iy said:
My hate for Denver, Oakland and KC is still simmering, bring us back to the AFC west! This team can play in any conference or division and be successful.
Ditto. While I don't really care which division the Hawks play in, I do still really hate the Broncos and get nauseous whenever I think about Elway, much less see him.

Team Patera

Reaction score
Unlike RastaHawk12, I don't like the Chargers and don't want to hear about us playing them twice a season.
Ugh....
Please...for the love of Pete don't make us move to the AFC West!

chris98251

Reaction score
Hunt and Davis are Dead, the two biggest advocates for the AFC West remaining as it is. Mini Me Davis is in trouble I think, he is doing stuff that Al would probably turn in his grave about, Al Davis would have set his own deal up, flipped off the NFL and end of story, the Chargers and Rams would be pissed and he would flip them off as well.

We have a following and are popular now, at least for the moment and our marketing revenue and merchandise sales carries a lot of weight.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
There are three possiblities.

Raiders and Chargers move to LA. One of them has to leave AFC West and Raiders have volunteered. Rams will be pissed they didn't get into L.A. and not willing to move to AFC. 9ers won't even be asked. That leaves Cards and Hawks. Allen can say no. So I'm betting Cards move in that scenario.

Raiders and Rams move to L.A. Nobody has to move to a new conference.

Chargers and Rams move to L.A. Again, nobody has to move to a new conference.

Now seeing as the NFL will piss off the least amount of owners by allowing the Rams to relocate and one other team, causing nobody to have to change conferences, I'm betting that the Rams get to move. Whether the other team is the Chargers or the Raiders depends on how much those teams can milk their fan bases into a new stadium deal. All things equal, however, and I think the Chargers trump the Raiders because the Raiders already failed in L.A. once.

Latest posts