Seahawks need to trade up

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Chawker":3183jwyg said:
I think we can solve all our offensive needs with the first two picks without trading up. At 27 select Jonathan Taylor (A RB is a QB best friend) then at 59 select Chase Claypool WR. Now if you are not familiar with these two play try watching some film on them.

Alot of great DE's have come ot of the third rounds,so don't panick. :49ersmall:

Huge oof on Claypool at 59. Reach city. There's gonna be a better receiver available there.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Reagor is the only guy I'd be somewhat interested in at 27 or later if he drops that far.

But there are a ton of intriguing guys late like Peoples-Jones or Van Jefferson.

No reason to trade up.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Largent80":1ufgmscr said:
Yeah, solve Offensive needs with having the 4th worst defense overall in the league and without addressing the glaring need in the offseason....Really?
John63..This is a post for you.

kf3339

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1cqim4kb said:
Mods feel free to move this thread but the main board gets more eyes and traffic!

Hear me out:

Tyler Lockett - I’m worried if this guy is capable of playing a 13-17 games. Lockett is great but his size is definitely an issue cause he cannot sustain a complete season

DK Metcalf - Beast! Will get better with more experience with Wilson. Will be a playmaker for years to come!

Malik Turner - Not reliable. Inconsistent routes and inconsistent hands. Not clutch.

Josh Gordon (assuming he returns) - Does not play a full season. Prone to getting suspended.

Phillip Dorsett - Not a great route runner. This guy is no Lockett. Don’t count on this guy to catch fades and run post corners.

Do you see why we need receivers?

We also need to prevent San Fran, Arizona and Los Angeles from building their receiving corps depth.

San Fran is getting solid with Deebo Samuel and will look to draft another receiver to replace the departure of Sanders.

Los Angeles has Cooper Kupp and will build with more receivers when they can actually pick someone.

Arizona will look to add with the addition of Hopkins. Fitzgerald will retire soon, sometime. But Arizona will add players to help Murray.

Come on! Get on my side!

Seattle needs to trade up to get one of these receivers: CeeDee Lamb, Jerry Jeudy, or Henry Ruggs.

CeeDee Lamb: Explosive, great hands, good routes.
Jerry Jeudy: Smooth, great routes, comes from great program creating great receivers.
Henry Ruggs: Lightning speed in a bottle. Catches everything. Playmaker. Can score with ball in hands.

I can see any of these three guys being real good with Wilson.

Carroll and Schneider cannot pick defensive lineman well anyways.

Carroll and Schneider does not want to pick offensive lineman in the first round anyways.

Don’t pick the 3 or 4 “best” linebacker or cornerback with the 27th pick.

Trade up and pick one of these receivers cause it’ll help Wilson and also prevent your divisional rivals from getting better as well.

Do it!

Is this a joke? I thought April 1st has already passed us. It must be the Corona Virus. :177692:

Atradees

Reaction score
Some of the top projected DEs will be available (AJ Espinesa & Gross Matos)

They are gonna trade down and pick some guy from Utah State. probably a RB.

"Running back Gerold Bright should be getting more love as an NFL prospect before the draft.

In a loaded class at running back, Bright has a chance to stand out as an explosive playmaker and gimmick piece at the next level. Bright is a converted wide receiver who has spent just two seasons in the backfield.

With just 342 career rushing attempts, Bright does not have a lot of wear and tear." Fansided.

Likely, someone to be projected as a much lower pick.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
This draft is WR heavy. What they need is a slot receiver and they can get in the 2nd thru 4th round. There’s only one rb this year’s draft worth taking before the 3rd round. That is D’andre Swift. He’s not a big need since Penny is in the same mold.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Largent80":274kikzw said:
TheLegendOfBoom":274kikzw said:
Largent80":274kikzw said:
We're set at wr. Even in the 3rd round there will be very good receivers available. Tradeup?
Preposterous.
You think we are set at wide receiver?

Okay
Yeah I DO.....We can move Lockett to SE, put Dorsett in the slot then we have the speedy Moore and Taylor, plus we may get Josh Gordon back. Draft a wr in the 3rd and still get a good one. Trade up???...NO

If we trade up it needs to help the DEFENSE which sucked giant glutius MAXIMUS last year.
Dorsett is NOT a slot receiver, and Tyler Lockett was already playing split end much of the time. Dorsett has none of the qualities that you look for in a slot receiver.

morgulon1

Reaction score
hawkfan68":30rcmtnc said:
This draft is WR heavy. What they need is a slot receiver and they can get in the 2nd thru 4th round. There’s only one rb this year’s draft worth taking before the 3rd round. That is D’andre Swift. He’s not a big need since Penny is in the same mold.

I wonder if Ursula is in their plans for next season. I picture him as a slot WR.

Smellyman

Reaction score
morgulon1":2wsxbkr7 said:
hawkfan68":2wsxbkr7 said:

I wonder if Ursula is in their plans for next season. I picture him as a slot WR.

I picture Ursula as a 3 tech.

360cb20190312053911

morgulon1

Reaction score
Smellyman":3aio7xah said:
morgulon1":3aio7xah said:
hawkfan68":3aio7xah said:

I picture Ursula as a 3 tech.

360cb20190312053911

Crafty lad!!! I thought I might have spelled his name wrong and some dude with a small weiner would point it out. Haha

Largent80

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2v0gxpfq said:
Largent80":2v0gxpfq said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2v0gxpfq said:
Largent80":2v0gxpfq said:
We're set at wr. Even in the 3rd round there will be very good receivers available. Tradeup?
Preposterous.
You think we are set at wide receiver?

Okay
Yeah I DO.....We can move Lockett to SE, put Dorsett in the slot then we have the speedy Moore and Taylor, plus we may get Josh Gordon back. Draft a wr in the 3rd and still get a good one. Trade up???...NO

If we trade up it needs to help the DEFENSE which sucked giant glutius MAXIMUS last year.
Dorsett is NOT a slot receiver, and Tyler Lockett was already playing split end much of the time. Dorsett has none of the qualities that you look for in a slot receiver.

He has the quickness to be the slot guy, and player can be adapted to any position. I should know I played DB and WR all through high school and college.

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Okay, for those that think Lockett can play a full season, week 10 thru 14 and game 16 Lockett didn’t do anything cause he was hurt!

Just cause he was “active” does not mean he is capable of playing a full season.

Lockett got hurt in San Fran and never really recovered and without him playing well, it clearly showed.

So to those saying he can play a full season, it does not matter if you are active but cannot perform cause you are really hurt.

So no, I don’t think Seattle has the receiver depth.

Seattle still needs more talent at wide receiver.

Clearly, Seattle only has 2 guys they can “rely” on.

Lamb, Jeudy and Ruggs are the three best receivers and are game breakers.

The talent after these three aren’t as great and it shows! Serviceable but not game changers.

Like I said, PC and Schneider suck at picking any kind of lineman with the first rounder anyways.

Get those guys later. They are guys you never heard of anyways and other teams don’t want them anyways.

Trade up to get a Jeudy, Lamb, or Ruggs so Wilson can have some weapons at his disposal.

Tyler Biadasz from Wisconsin can be had later.

Some no name defensive end and tackle can be had later.

Get a game breaker with the first rounder!

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
KinesProf":gzr5ob9l said:
Lockett had 9 receptions for 136 yards and a td on January 12th. That was as late into the season as possible. Wtf are you talking about?

Here's the trade value chart , what are you willing to give up in order to move into the top 20? https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... _value.htm
You know I did say week 10-14 he was hurt right?

My point was he can’t sustain a full 16-17 game season.

Going back to what I was saying, we need more talent in our receiving corps, I don’t understand why people think we are “fine” at receiver on this team.

Can you honestly say you trust Malik Turner and/or John Ursua as the third receiver on this team?

Go up and draft TALENT

Stop wasting Wilson’s time and get some more talented receivers!

Wilson wants offensive TALENT!

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
KinesProf":2y509qon said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2y509qon said:

And who are those 2 guys?
Only Lockett and Metcalf but you completely missed my point, we need MORE TALENT!

And YES, Lockett was hurt week 10-14!

And was completely shutdown in the last game against SF!

More talent is needed!

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
when you are successfully year after year you will be picking late in the 1 st round. Trading down makes sense because late 1st rounders are essentially 2nd round picks anyhow. Not sure why people here piss and moan about it and cant seem to figure it out.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1e4mp698 said:
KinesProf":1e4mp698 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":1e4mp698 said:

And who are those 2 guys?
Only Lockett and Metcalf but you completely missed my point, we need MORE TALENT!

And YES, Lockett was hurt week 10-14!

And was completely shutdown in the last game against SF!

More talent is needed!

More talent is going to be available later. This is the absolute worst time to trade up for a receiver. They're everywhere this year. No guarantee those 3 guys end up being the best. You've got guys like Tee Higgins, Brandon Aiyuk, Justin Jefferson, Denzel Mims, KJ Hamler, Jalen Reagor... many of which will be available in the early 2nd I'm sure, all of which look pretty dang good without having to sacrifice draft capital to select.

I just can't trading up being the best way to go unless it's for a potential defensive star like Kinlaw, Brown, or Simmons. Again, this is the draft to trade back and try to position yourself to obtain as much talent as humanly possible between around 30-100. That's where the real value is likely going to be.

AlciG

Reaction score
KinesProf":1mrw523j said:
Lockett had 9 receptions for 136 yards and a td on January 12th. That was as late into the season as possible. Wtf are you talking about?

Here's the trade value chart , what are you willing to give up in order to move into the top 20? https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... _value.htm

I guess he wants them to trade their first rounder and both seconds to the Raiders so they can jump SF