Seahawks On the Clock! UPDATE: Seahawks Own the 21st Pick

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Maulbert":272o11kv said:
dopeboy206":272o11kv said:
Byron Murphy. It’s obvious Shaq Griffin isn’t the answer at CB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have way more faith in Pete finding late gems at corner. We need other help early.

Because he recruits for size and speed. Then coaches technique.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
GeekHawk":3gtow8kd said:
TheLegendOfBoom":3gtow8kd said:
Can we draft a competent head coach willing to adjust and change game plans when it's clearly obvious the plan is not going to work???!!

Probably not.

Thanks for your insightful commentary. I feel, after reading this, like I have a good grasp of what kind of college player we might like to draft at #21. It's this sort of thought-provoking contribution to threads that makes this such a wonderful fan board. No wonder all the best posters from the past are still here!

:roll:
You're very welcome!

I only provide the absolute most insightful comments.

They are second to none. Lol.

JGreen79

Reaction score
I feel like they are happy with the way Martin is progressing. That leads me to believe they go for more depth at DE later in the draft. I can see them going G, WR, or FS.

They'll probably trade down a bunch and then all bets are off.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Anajimmc":6q6xt2g3 said:
GeekHawk":6q6xt2g3 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":6q6xt2g3 said:
Can we draft a competent head coach willing to adjust and change game plans when it's clearly obvious the plan is not going to work???!!

Probably not.

Thanks for your insightful commentary. I feel, after reading this, like I have a good grasp of what kind of college player we might like to draft at #21. It's this sort of thought-provoking contribution to threads that makes this such a wonderful fan board. No wonder all the best posters from the past are still here!

:roll:
I checked all the possible replacements for Coach Carroll, based on their SPARQ ratings, and no one comes close to Coach on the Chewing Gum Agility Shuffle.

But did you check DVOA??? I cant seem to find any scores..... 8)

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
The annual trade down of Seahawk draft picks causes me to do this exercise with the trade chart, just to get myself an idea of some possibilities for more picks in the coming draft. This exercise is meant to illustrate what picks may be potentially on the table with trades of pick #21 IF they can find a willing trade partner.

Based 0n the "new" TRADE CHART; Seattle, now owns pick 1/21. Below are a few trades that are of approximately EQUAL value by trade chart points, however, IF a team" must have" a very specific prospect, they could pay even more, perhaps by throwing in a round 6 or 7 pick to make the deal(s) or trading a slightly higher value pick than is indicated by the trade chart.

Seahawks original pick: 1/21 = 260.82-points, trading down to later round 1, early round 2 options...…….
1/26 = 222.74 = a 38.08 point difference = round 4, approx. pick #97, nets the Seahawks picks 26 & 97.
1/31 = 190.21 = a 70.61 point difference = round 3, approx. pick #69, nets the Seahawks picks 31 & 69.
2/35 = 170.37 = a 90.45 point difference = round 2, approx. pick #59, nets the Seahawks picks 35 & 59.
2/40 = 149.45 = a 111.37 point difference = round 2, approx. pick #51, nets the Seahawks picks 40 & 51.

This early in the process, it's unknown how far they could move down with a trade(s), we just know they almost surely will be in trade mode in round 1 (and potentially later trades) to get a few more picks. I think any of the above trade downs would be optimum for the Seahawks unless they have a "must have" pick in mind with their #21. I thought I'd share my research with y'all. Thoughts?
:smilingalien:

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3v1trjq5 said:
N'Keal Harry, WR, Arizona State.
Justyn Ross from Clemson, only a freshman, but man, that kid can ball.

2 more years, Seattle should get him.

As for this year....CB.

Need to get a shutdown CB.

getnasty

Reaction score
DeAndre Baker, CB, Universtiy of Georgia-I little short but arm length and physical.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Assuming a trade back or two (a fairly safe bet with four picks in total going in) I think early capital should go on a run-stuffing DT. There were a lot of first downs given up after 7 and 8 yard runs up the middle this season. Might just be my memory but it’d be nice to slow things up a little on that front.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
uncle fester":3eq8l068 said:
Assuming a trade back or two (a fairly safe bet with four picks in total going in) I think early capital should go on a run-stuffing DT. There were a lot of first downs given up after 7 and 8 yard runs up the middle this season. Might just be my memory but it’d be nice to slow things up a little on that front.

If we slow them down a little, our memory will be on schedule. :mrgreen:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
JSeahawks":b8bbjqj9 said:

What did you like about him?

Big numbers but seemed to be more of a possession receiver

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3gwu6em4 said:
JSeahawks":3gwu6em4 said:

What did you like about him?

Big numbers but seemed to be more of a possession receiver

I just know he destroyed the Ducks every time we've played against him. Best, most dominant, receiver i've seen them play the last couple years.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Kyler Murray.... let’s get him. Sit him a year behind Russ and let Russ walk freeing up ~$30mil.

massari

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":yzfkm7gj said:
Kyler Murray.... let’s get him. Sit him a year behind Russ and let Russ walk freeing up ~$30mil.
Super risky considering he's a top 10 pick in the MLB draft by the A's. Would be nice getting him if he falls to #21 though.

I want the BPA, and DL Jeffery Simmons could fall a la Frank Clark.

[youtube]2z4GgjkQKDI[/youtube]

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Quality cover/shutdown corner or 2, and a quality safety are the most glaring needs IMHO, also someone that eats opposing QB’s for lunch would be good as well.
I’d draft heavy on defense.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well todays 21st is not going to be our pick,I would bet more 29th to 32nd or even out of the 1st round to high second and getting more, but I would think we go Dline rush and run stuff, then if there is a Big Body WR there next and then Safety, LB, CB, filling out with O line guys.

Reason I say this is looking at Practice guys and IR we are filled with secondary guys, we also have O line guys. The one piece we don't have is the big body WR that Schotty covets that we don't have.

Doug has a big contract and has been injured, we need a Money guy if he is released, I don't like the idea but for arguments sake, same with Wright, we have guys like Kendricks and Calitro if we can resign them that stepped in. Kendricks by far my more desired player.

getnasty

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3feb0adw said:

It will be interesting to see where he gets drafted. I doubt he ever plays a down of football

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
getnasty":dk84k0kw said:
ImTheScientist":dk84k0kw said:

It will be interesting to see where he gets drafted. I doubt he ever plays a down of football
I'd rather have Trevor Lawrence when he comes out in 2 years, 2021 draft.

Trade Russ for draft picks. It's not certain the next owner/incoming coach (Carroll/Schneider tandem will be gone in 2 years) wants an expensive QB anyways.

You can start the team fresh with a young cheap rookie QB and Lawrence can be the future.

Trade Russ and secure multiple first round picks.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
dopeboy206":ox6uyjku said:
Byron Murphy. It’s obvious Shaq Griffin isn’t the answer at CB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's not going to happen in the first place King might very well be the answer there and he's already on the team . Second there's no way there not trading down. I agree with you though Griffin is a liability in coverage.

Latest posts