Seahawks present salary cap situation

Jville

Reaction score
I wouldn’t assume Nwosu is in the plans to be a core player. I am getting the feeling the Seahawks front office doesn’t want to extend players like they used to

Hall is an OLB who is around 245 LBs you are thinking about Mike Morris who will be a DT/ DE that is up to 295lbs

Your correct about the Hall / Morris confusion. Never-the-less, Derrick Hall will compete for a rush role in specific sub-packages. And, Derrick has a lot of additional skill development to address before developing into the high snap role Uchenna already provides.

P.S. A Noah Fant 2 year extension converting the bulk of his guaranteed 2023 salary into a prorated bonus will generate plenty of cap space as well.

Last edited:

AgentDib

Reaction score
It's not as bad as most I've seen talking about because they don't understand how the rookie contracts slot into the top 51. We're fine right now.

We do need to clear up a bit of cap space as time goes on, but plan A probably remains to do so with a couple of good extensions. If we can't get those through and we end up having to clear space in August then some of the cuts can be post June 1, or there are plenty of restructure targets available.