Seahawks Ranked Last in Top Under 25 Talent

Cartire

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":29emiybl said:
amill87":29emiybl said:
I dont even care that we are ranked last because I don't understand the point behind those rankings? Is it saying every team in the NFL is better positioned to be better in the future?

What I take away from the list, and the writers comments is we have so much depth that most of our players that'd fall under the "under 25 talent" can't get on the field. Which means they aren't playing enough to help move us up this guy's list like other teams that are forced to play their young guys.

It's hard to rank players that don't play, and that's what we have.

I understood that premise. And thus why a low rank wouldnt have mattered. But if you read through everyone elses, at least 1/3 of the teams are being ranked base of prospect as well. And our track record for drafting and development should put us over them. at the minimum.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Cartire":2jbvcp79 said:
Sgt. Largent":2jbvcp79 said:
amill87":2jbvcp79 said:
I dont even care that we are ranked last because I don't understand the point behind those rankings? Is it saying every team in the NFL is better positioned to be better in the future?

What I take away from the list, and the writers comments is we have so much depth that most of our players that'd fall under the "under 25 talent" can't get on the field. Which means they aren't playing enough to help move us up this guy's list like other teams that are forced to play their young guys.

I understood that premise. And thus why a low rank wouldnt have mattered. But if you read through everyone elses, at least 1/3 of the teams are being ranked base of prospect as well. And our track record for drafting and development should put us over them. at the minimum.

This guy would lose even more credibility for this list (which is already a stretch), if he said "I ranked the Seahawks 15th because even though they have very few players under the age of 25 playing and very few players under 25 chosen high in the draft with high grades..............but JS and Pete are awesome!"

If teams are ranked higher than us because of "prospects," then it's because their prospects were graded higher in the draft than our prospects. You can't just say "yeah but JS!" That has no numerical merit with a list like this.

Mizak

Reaction score
So I take it ESPN has stopped slurping Lebron 24/7?

Cartire

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1zb1dqi1 said:
Cartire":1zb1dqi1 said:
Sgt. Largent":1zb1dqi1 said:
amill87":1zb1dqi1 said:

This guy would lose even more credibility for this list (which is already a stretch), if he said "I ranked the Seahawks 15th because even though they have very few players under the age of 25 playing and very few players under 25 chosen high in the draft with high grades..............but JS and Pete are awesome!"

If teams are ranked higher than us because of "prospects," then it's because their prospects were graded higher in the draft than our prospects. You can't just say "yeah but JS!" That has no numerical merit with a list like this.

wait wait wait. Show me any numerical merit on the current list?

HansGruber

Reaction score
I don't get it. At all. What are they even saying? It's pay-wall fluff. I'd be pissed if I paid for a subscription. This is literally the kind of jive turkey gobble gobble you could get by hanging out a bar and chatting with drunks. Although this is a little less coherent.

DaveyP

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":2k8stlgn said:
EastCoastHawksFan":2k8stlgn said:
Scottemojo":2k8stlgn said:
I just can't believe you pay for that shit.

its 2.50 a month , comes with a magazine. Not a bad deal.

Why yes, yes it is. Ridiculous.

It's cheaper than actual toilet paper, you see.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Cartire":xqjfler2 said:

Every draft board and "expert" has draft grades for every player chosen. Those are the numerical merits/factors used for a list like this.

Clowney has a higher draft grade than Paul Richardson, therefore it makes sense that the Texans are higher on the list than the Hawks. Make sense?

You're saying because JS and Pete are good at finding talent, that should have been factored into a list like this, but how do you assign a number to that if you're making this list? That's all I'm trying to say.

Cartire

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1rsszjmq said:
Cartire":1rsszjmq said:

Every draft board and "expert" has draft grades for every player chosen. Those are the numerical merits/factors used for a list like this.

Clowney has a higher draft grade than Paul Richardson, therefore it makes sense that the Texans are higher on the list than the Hawks. Make sense?

You're saying because JS and Pete are good at finding talent, that should have been factored into a list like this, but how do you assign a number to that if you're making this list? That's all I'm trying to say.

Ok, so then here we go all the way back to my original post that you commented on. This is just a ranking of teams that have had top picks the last few years.

It's quite simple. Almost all of our stars right now are 25. The lis the last few years have been 25 and below. This year they change it to under 25. There was one and only one reason for that.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Cartire":2um4t9c3 said:
There was one and only one reason for that.

Ahh the we hate the Seahawks conspiracy theory. One of this boards finest go to feigned insults.

Cause that's what writers trying to make a name for themselves love to do, create lists and write articles trying to appeal and interest 32 markets by conspiring against one team.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
akumv.jpg

Cartire

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1fdd4vt9 said:
Cartire":1fdd4vt9 said:

Ahh the we hate the Seahawks conspiracy theory. One of this boards finest go to feigned insults.

Cause that's what writers trying to make a name for themselves love to do, create lists and write articles trying to appeal and interest 32 markets by conspiring against one team.

ITs not a conspiracy theory. Dont broaden the argument. Its pretty obvious that its not about hating the hawks. Its 2 things. Making a list that doesnt have the hawks as #1 to appeal to the other teams fans. As well as putting the super bowl champs at 32 KNOWING it would create controversy in keep page views coming. Cmon man. Stop white knighting this one. The writing is on the wall. This list has always been 25 and under. Which we were #1 on last year. Boom, change the parameters and all of a sudden, well, here we are.

You dont have to be the ESPN PR spokesperson. Theyre doing just fine without you.

HansGruber

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3hbeqdbp said:

Love.

It's so awesome when every picture you can find of Russell Wilson and Pete Carroll together is the two of them smiling and laughing. It's like the next Belichick-Brady NFL-dominance combo but with only 10% of the assholishness.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Cartire":6rg7kmn7 said:
Sgt. Largent":6rg7kmn7 said:
Cartire":6rg7kmn7 said:

ITs not a conspiracy theory. Dont broaden the argument. Its pretty obvious that its not about hating the hawks. Its 2 things. Making a list that doesnt have the hawks as #1 to appeal to the other teams fans. As well as putting the super bowl champs at 32 KNOWING it would create controversy in keep page views coming. Cmon man. Stop white knighting this one. The writing is on the wall. This list has always been 25 and under. Which we were #1 on last year. Boom, change the parameters and all of a sudden, well, here we are.

You dont have to be the ESPN PR spokesperson. Theyre doing just fine without you.

But you're telling us the list was specifically changed so that the Hawks came in last. If that's not the textbook definition of a conspiracy theory, I don't know what it.

Btw, it works for writers because all you knuckleheads run to the site and Twitter with your pitchforks and torches like lemmings giving these writers exactly what they want, clicks and attention. Seattle just might have the biggest inferiority complex of any fanbase ever.

Who cares is what I say.

Every list, every QB comparison, every negative comment about any player, coach or GM on our team can be met with one word and one word only......................SCOREBOARD.

McG

Reaction score
This is one of the stupidest debates/articles out there. Obviously this guy was going after the "shock factor" when picking Seattle as the lowest team. Our team is crazy young. As of right now we have only 4 players over 30. A punter, a back-up QB, Special teamer, and Kevin Williams (a guy who may not even make the team). What I'm saying is that our core players are all young, we only have a few players that will hit 30 soon (Mebane 29, Houschka 29, Unger 28, Bennett 28, Lynch 28, Avril 28, Miller 28). A stockpile of young talent is great to have, if you don't have starters locked in. The fact is we have pretty much have every position signed long-term with the exception of a few. Would you rather have a bunch of unknowns with potential or a bunch of young proven players? Plus, I think the young talent we do have will be given the time to mature and learn instead of being thrown to the wolfs. I'm more than happy with this team, it's just funny to watch the national media cater to the other 31 teams fan bases trying to find reasons they hope we will be bad.

OP
OP
TheRealDTM

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3llnuqco said:

I actually canceled my ESPN magazine subscription about a year ago and got a full refund, they left the insider going.... don't tell anyone...

ivotuk

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":mbi78kbq said:
Scottemojo":mbi78kbq said:

its 2.50 a month , comes with a magazine. Not a bad deal.

Great deal. I get the magazine and the insider is free. I like KC Joyner's format for reviewing draftable players and Sando has really improved in his writing.

I think this ranking is pretty much nonsense. It's the same thing as rating the draft because they are ranking recently drafted or UDFA on teams. They have been wrong there over and over again.

Still, some suit at ESPN told him to come up with some kind of ranking and he did.